NEWB Needs Help - 2011 Busa

I have read a few posts on this forum and still not found the info. I recently bought a 2011 Busa from the dealer last december. I have put just over 600 miles on it. I have only been able to get it up to 170 mph so far. I have read that some people have been able to get their Busas over 200mph.

Can someone please tell me what is needed to do to get her over 200mph.

Thanks

Hello:

Im new to this site, but have been riding bikes for 30+ years... I bought a 2011 busa Blk/Red about 6 months ago.. I beat cancer and a divorce all at the same time, so I said I want the baddest bike out there. for the last 20 yrs Iv owned nothing but Gixxers 600-1100.. Loved everyone of them, but Nothing like the Busa.. I am no tough guy, nor do I make stuff up.. So after riding the 2011 for about 5 months I started trying to best my top speed, and I believe, that stock Busa with 6,500 miles did run if not 200 mph damn close!!!! I have never had a inhibitor come on or a governor rear its ugly head.. Iv been 180-185mph plenty of times in my life and the feeling never never weakens, but I hit 185 mph pegged, in 6th gear at 10.000 rpms and I was still climbing LOVED IT!!!!! I went well into 11.500 rpms before running out of road... Scared me good.. Love the feeling..I know in my heart Iv never ran so fast..If it wasn't 200mph it was damn close.. Long Live The FALCON...

P.S
Have you ever tried to slow down at those speeds??? Thats a feat in its self:)

Hello:

Im new to this site, but have been riding bikes for 30+ years... I bought a 2011 busa Blk/Red about 6 months ago.. I beat cancer and a divorce all at the same time, so I said I want the baddest bike out there. for the last 20 yrs Iv owned nothing but Gixxers 600-1100.. Loved everyone of them, but Nothing like the Busa.. I am no tough guy, nor do I make stuff up.. So after riding the 2011 for about 5 months I started trying to best my top speed, and I believe, that stock Busa with 6,500 miles did run if not 200 mph damn close!!!! I have never had a inhibitor come on or a governor rear its ugly head.. Iv been 180-185mph plenty of times in my life and the feeling never never weakens, but I hit 185 mph pegged, in 6th gear at 10.000 rpms and I was still climbing LOVED IT!!!!! I went well into 11.500 rpms before running out of road... Scared me good.. Love the feeling..I know in my heart Iv never ran so fast..If it wasn't 200mph it was damn close.. Long Live The FALCON...

P.S
Have you ever tried to slow down at those speeds??? Thats a feat in its self:)

Back