NEWB Needs Help - 2011 Busa

C-Ya

Registered
I have read a few posts on this forum and still not found the info. I recently bought a 2011 Busa from the dealer last december. I have put just over 600 miles on it. I have only been able to get it up to 170 mph so far. I have read that some people have been able to get their Busas over 200mph.

Can someone please tell me what is needed to do to get her over 200mph.

Thanks

Yes, you will need to remove the limiter by an ecu flash. But, given the fact that your bike is stock, you will most likely not be able to reach 200mph without some adders. Breaking that barrier can be expensive. Also, your speedo is off from the factory, I think I remember somewhere around 7 to 8%, so you will be indicating a faster than actual speed. Use a gps or get speedohealer for accuracy.

I have read a few posts on this forum and still not found the info. I recently bought a 2011 Busa from the dealer last december. I have put just over 600 miles on it. I have only been able to get it up to 170 mph so far. I have read that some people have been able to get their Busas over 200mph.

Can someone please tell me what is needed to do to get her over 200mph.

Thanks

how long you been riding motorcycles?

post number 1.... hmmmmmm i heard there is this bridge attachment that assists with what you are looking for...:laugh:

Well, it's still under warranty, so take it back to the dealer and tell them about your problem. I have a friend that's a pretty good size fella, and his stock '06 GPS @ 184 M.P.H. On his '08 he GPS above that. Is there any chance you run around in C mode ???

a professional on a purpose-built bike trying to break 200 mph (to help you get an idea on what it takes and what can go wrong). best of luck and be safe

Well, it's still under warranty, so take it back to the dealer and tell them about your problem. I have a friend that's a pretty good size fella, and his stock '06 GPS @ 184 M.P.H. On his '08 he GPS above that. Is there any chance you run around in C mode ???

LOL... I will take it back to the dealer and inquire with them. I have been in A mode, as far as size, I am 6'4" 270lbs. I was thinking size might be a part of it. While I am new to this site, I appreciate all the advice so far.. Thx..

a professional on a purpose-built bike trying to break 200 mph (to help you get an idea on what it takes and what can go wrong). best of luck and be safe

That was obviously pilot error.... it smoothed out as soon as he got off of it. :whistle:

I don't know if the newer models are different, however the owners manual states:

The first 500 miles is the most important in the life of your motorcycle. Proper operation
during this break-in period will help assure maximum life and performance from your
new motorcycle. The following guidelines explain proper break-in procedures.

Initial 500 miles below 5500 rpm

Up to 1000 miles below 8000 rpm

Over 1000miles below 11000 rpm

Vary the engine speed during the break-in period. This allows the parts to
"load" (aiding the mating process) and then "unload" (allowing the parts to cool).
Although it is essential to place some stress on the engine components during
break-in, you must be careful not to load the engine too much.

The OP stated that he had 600 miles on his bike. Did he try to reach high speeds even before 500 miles?

It appears that he didn't read his owners manual or if he did he didn't take it's advice.

Why is he in such a hurry to get it to its top speed? How old is the OP?

Like 880jedi said - Did you change the oil yet? Running the engine at super high speeds with metal from
the manufacturing process flying around in there isn't doing his engine any good. :banghead:

So I could go into my life story, but I will save you all the pain of reading that...

I was more curious as to what it would take mechanically/financially to break the 200mph barrier. Not that I was trying (although I keep thinking about it)... I have had it up to 170mph after I had 600 miles on it...

Now for the good news.. I have called the dealer, and since it is under warranty for another 4.5 years, they have directed me in the right direction that will not void the warranty, and for way less than $1000. Since they have a relationship with my wallet, and they know my skills, and my purchases... I will take this moment to thank you all for the advice, and continue with my riding... After all, I bought a 'busa not a ruckus..lol

Now, as far as my age is concerned.. I am old enough to know better and young enough to do it again... :banghead:

I don't know if the newer models are different, however the owners manual states:

The first 500 miles is the most important in the life of your motorcycle. Proper operation
during this break-in period will help assure maximum life and performance from your
new motorcycle. The following guidelines explain proper break-in procedures.

Initial 500 miles below 5500 rpm

Up to 1000 miles below 8000 rpm

Over 1000miles below 11000 rpm

Vary the engine speed during the break-in period. This allows the parts to
"load" (aiding the mating process) and then "unload" (allowing the parts to cool).
Although it is essential to place some stress on the engine components during
break-in, you must be careful not to load the engine too much.

The OP stated that he had 600 miles on his bike. Did he try to reach high speeds even before 500 miles?

It appears that he didn't read his owners manual or if he did he didn't take it's advice.

Why is he in such a hurry to get it to its top speed? How old is the OP?

Like 880jedi said - Did you change the oil yet? Running the engine at super high speeds with metal from
the manufacturing process flying around in there isn't doing his engine any good. :banghead:

So I could go into my life story, but I will save you all the pain of reading that...

I was more curious as to what it would take mechanically/financially to break the 200mph barrier. Not that I was trying (although I keep thinking about it)... I have had it up to 170mph after I had 600 miles on it...

Now for the good news.. I have called the dealer, and since it is under warranty for another 4.5 years, they have directed me in the right direction that will not void the warranty, and for way less than $1000. Since they have a relationship with my wallet, and they know my skills, and my purchases... I will take this moment to thank you all for the advice, and continue with my riding... After all, I bought a 'busa not a ruckus..lol

Now, as far as my age is concerned.. I am old enough to know better and young enough to do it again... :banghead:

they have directed me in the right direction that will not void the warranty

Can you explain this?

Back