S1000RR:know any problems with 2010 vs 2011

spotrot

Registered
It's apparent a lot of people on this forum either now have a s1000rr or are knowledgeable about them.

I'm keeping my busa but want the bimmer too. The question is 2010 or 2011 model.

There were rumors with a crankshaft redesign for 2011 but I have not found any factual info, ever afte searching the s1000rr forums.

Do any members KNOW of significant problems with the 2010 that would make buying a 2011 a safer or more reliable purchase?

There are some good 1000RR forums out there that you'd probably get great info from...

"I have not found any factual info, ever after searching the s1000rr forums."

It appears a heavier crank was installed after July 2010 models - but no documentation why (and no apparent crank failure issues)

Other forum posts have said cams were improved (there were some valve breakage motors) but others said the P/N was the same so that makes no sense.

I only asked here because it seems that a number of hayabusa.org members are clear with facts, not just opinions and hearsay.

Well in my opinion..
Just kidding. I haven't heard any problems with them since the original ones that were blowing up due to improper break-in.

Just buy one, and find out! :laugh:

I would if I had the cash!

I remember reading quite a bit about the transmissions in the 2010 BMW's, that were seeing a lot of track time, failing. Something about a new transmission needed after every race? Might be worth looking into, could have been blown way out of proportion. Who knows.

They frustratingly still haven't been able resolve the weed-wacker full-throttle exhaust note in the new model.

id care about these bikes, and maybe even like them, it it wasnt for the sinfully ugly headlights seriously... anyone else woder what kinda drugs the designer was on? id say what i think it looks like but im sure it would offend some people they should both be the same shape i found these pics on another site.... i think the photoshopped one is sexy...

BMWS1000RRfront_end.jpg

BMWS1000RRfront_endFULLLIGHTS.jpg

Heres the thing about the bmw, nobody see's the headlights, just the taillights:laugh:

They have a 3 year warranty axle to axle with 3 year roadside assistance, stop worrying about the bike and buy one.

I just sold mine after 6000 miles, great bike but looking for something different

It's apparent a lot of people on this forum either now have a s1000rr or are knowledgeable about them.

I'm keeping my busa but want the bimmer too. The question is 2010 or 2011 model.

There were rumors with a crankshaft redesign for 2011 but I have not found any factual info, ever afte searching the s1000rr forums.

Do any members KNOW of significant problems with the 2010 that would make buying a 2011 a safer or more reliable purchase?
Posted via Mobile Device

I like the photochopped better too, but I remember reading an article about how they shaved just a few ounces of weight by using that configuration. If they change it, these bikes will eventually be collectors Items. They are so gorgeous, if I hit the lottery I'd buy one and just display it in my house...:bowdown:

I recently test rode one can't say enough good things about it. It was amazing.... and not nearly as brutal to ride as I had imagined. I figure I could do a 300-400 mile day without to much discomfort. The seating position really got my attention in the way that it makes your lower body naturally hug the bike which helps to relieve wrist/arm strain around town. I had a big azz smile going on in my helmet the whole time and got bike fever like a teenager...

The intial cost I could live with but the first service is $400+ and must be performed by the dealer. It also requires an annual service to stay within the warranty...ouch!

So I have decided to wait for Japan's response. Here's hoping Honda or Suzuki steps up in 2012.

If you do buy one, good luck keeping your drivers license :laugh:

would never sell my busa but BMW would be a second bike for sure if the photoshop'd pic was what it would look like...

GO TO BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum Im a member of that forum same name.

From what I understand alot more virbration in the 2010 because of the Old crank the 11 has a different crank no issues with the 11. Very happy with mine, I would get the DTC and ABS.

Back