Why no 200mph stock???

hayabruiser

Registered
I don't plan to try, but why have I been seeing on some forums -- guys having to turbo or spray their Busas and have non-stock mods just to get to 200mph??? I thought that the one mod to remove the 185 mph restriction would allow this bike to go 200 in stock form. Now I'm mad--I thought I bought a 200mph bike!!!!

Well I think there is a lot to that. I think they will do 200 with out mods on a perfect day with the wind just right. It has been done befor.

Hey Man, get TRE, a PCIIIUSB, and a Good Pipe and maybe go down a tooth or two in the rear... (I dunno if the Busa Will Pull it).  Have the bike tuned properly and given a long enough stretch of empty road you could break 200 MPH.  It's not inconcievable.  I don't think...  Ninja Eater can give you a better answer...

But your Going to need ALOT of room, I have a perfect 8 mile long straight run here, no cross streets, no access, at sea level and although I can peg the speedo within prolly just a mile or so?  (Guessing.)  The bike doesn't actually top out/quit accelerating until prolly a bit under half way.  Don't get hung up about top speed.  It's not that big of deal and it really doesn't prove anything.  Top speed for a given bike, car etc, is simple to achieve, floor it and wait.... But, It's simply a zone where one little miscalculation or one little mechanical hicup could cost you everything...  It's a rush but you can get a much better rush from getting out in the twisties, IMHO anyway.

The other thing that will help is getting yourself down on your bike, and uh make certain it's freshly waxed...
smile.gif
 Here, Read this regarding Busa Aerodynamics.

I think what you might have been looking at is the Maxton runs, where you have 1 mile only to achieve your best speed from a dead stop.  For that, you need some real horsepower.  But given enough room, and a couple of basic mods... It's possible... you'll just need the right conditions, and the right location...  

But why sweat it? 90% of the NON-Bikers out there will allready think it goes 220mph OR Faster, and Half the biker community has better stories about Busa's going by at MACH 2 while they were topped out at 180 then a Busa owner would ever come up with...

I read in one of the motorcycle magazines that even with the Busa's superior areo dynamics (and accounting for speedo error) it will take 200hp to push our bike to a true 200mph.

As Revlis said you would need a lot of open road. I have found, and i'm sure everyone else has that when you open the bike up, it takes no time to catch up to to obstacles or run out of road before you have to slow down. Going fast is fun, until you get enough speeding tickets that force you to sell the bike. Just be happy knowing you have the fastest production bike ever made.

I read in one of the motorcycle magazines that even with the Busa's superior areo dynamics  (and accounting for speedo error) it will take 200hp to push our bike to a true 200mph.
you can get there with gearing and about 180hp. Plus a long long road. The diffrece is having the power to get there quick and back dow quicker. Figure a 310hp Busa can get to 201mph in 8.5/10's of a mile. I use 310hp because that is my bike. 200hp could get you the in a mile and half wit out NOS.
180hp would get you there in about 3 1/2 miles. Not many sposts log enough to accomidate gearing that takes yo for ever to get there.

I have been reading posts on various forums of guys with Busas having to spray them or do mods or power adders to get to 200mph. I thought this bike was 200mph capable in unrestricted but still bone stock form. I just bought the baddest bike and there are doubts in my head as to whether it is actually as bad as I once thought. What gives???

Merged the two Bruiser... Not a bad Idea having it here... THough you might want to edit our second post... For Continuity... I stand by my first answer though...:laugh:

if you're in the slow lane learning to ride the last thing you need to think about is a 200 mph bike----

ok ok so if i gear the 600 correctly and ride with the wind and have 73 miles of flat road i can get to 200 ??
tounge.gif

I don't plan to try, but why have I been seeing on some forums -- guys having to turbo or spray their Busas and have non-stock mods just to get to 200mph??? I thought that the one mod to remove the 185 mph restriction would allow this bike to go 200 in stock form. Now I'm mad--I thought I bought a 200mph bike!!!!
bruiser,

When the 99 Busa was first run at the Honda Test Track, it was given the stock japanese gearing of 18/40. the 18/40 will give you a true MPH reading on your gauges too. A recorded 201mph on a 5mile straight stretch was using the 18/40 combo. The Germans bitched that the busa would go faster than the top speed of the Autobahn of 300kph or 186mph so the Japanese changed the gearing to a 17/40 which brought the bike to 183-184mph top speed. The ECU was unrestricted and actually allowed the 99 to go 189mph due to the higher rev limit in 6th gear. So in 2000, the Japanese figured they would change the timing sequence for 1/4 and 2/3 cylinders to slow it down. They also used the gear selector switch to tell the ECU when 6th gear was attained and engage the 6th gear rev. limit slightly. That didn't work either because Ivan invented the TRE which tells the ECU that you are always in 5th gear no matter what gear you were in. That is what caused the low end torque factor and slight rpm change when the clutch was pulled in.
So if you will just put an 18T gear on your bike, you will likely see 195+MPH and possibly go past 200mph on a good day.

Guy

I figured I hit 196 (numerous times) with excellent conditions and a pipe on my 2000, calculating from the tach since the speedo is way off. I now have a 39 tooth sprocket and top out at 197 @ 11,200 but in fifth gear instead of sixth at 10,500. With the 39 tooth sprocket, I'm not sure if sixth could pull it any faster given enough open road. Also, the speedo is very close to accurate now...

Not to mention N.E.---sooner to top speed is better than sheez am i ever gonna get there-- thats whats so cool about these 1300's & Liter bikes 0 to whatever and back down to the speed limit in just a moment--not 200 though...25 to a buck fifty can be over pretty quick--adrenilen still in the Bod for awhile--longer than it took to gasit..it's all good...... Ps too much snow on the ground here and waiting for spring.
tounge.gif

Back