What happened to the motorcycle community?

Millennial's .

That is what
happened . . .

:poke:

#AreMillennialsBankruptingHarley ~ #WhatHappened ~ #THEoRg *

Most of the popular forums were G O B B L E D up by a single large company and that put an end to a lot of the innovation and work that forum owners were putting into the sites. I was pursued for over 5 years to sell the oRg and was at a place where we were well into the 6 figures but I never sold out. This place was always more to me than just the money it was the friendships and memories.
Thank you for keeping this place alive. That amount of money must have been very tempting.

Around here if it isn't a lifted noisy pick up, tuner car or 4 wheeler, people could care less about it.

If I pull into somewhere on my bright yellow and black Busa, people don't even bat and eye and could care less...If one were a poser around here they would be very disappointed.

I bought my 2006 Hayabusa in Jan of 2006. Made some amazing friends here in south florida, used to go to bike nights and sunday morning meets, post on soflasportbikes and sportbikes.net. Busa got stolen back in 2010 and for 9 years I was bikeless. In jan of 2018 I bought a brand new z06 Vette with 650 horsepower and 650 lbs feet of torque but still missed being on 2 wheels so last saturday I picked up a leftover new 2018 CBR1000RR ABS. Went back to the forums and realized most of them are graveyards with last posts being made months or years ago. Also I realized I dont see many bikes out there anymore. Not even the sunday harley riders. What happened to Motorcycling in america?
Nice rides. Also from SoFlo here. A lot of people aren't riding because its HOT + RAINY for the past month LOL. I still get out there. I cruise around mostly and not red light to red light drag here. Nice vette btw, I sold mine a few months ago, put down 640whp on 8lbs. Once the weather cools down a bit you will see a lot more bikes out there. Say hi if you see me out there!

I'm a SoFlo guy here as well. There is still a meet at the Cafe 27 truck stop on Sunday mornings. It is on US 27 just a couple miles south of I75 across from Everglades Holiday park. I usually head out there and shoot the bullshit if some decent guys are around. I'm on the only B-king out there. Also, the tiki is supposed to be opening back up on September 1st. Good music, decent food, women, and lots of bikes...

I'm a SoFlo guy here as well. There is still a meet at the Cafe 27 truck stop on Sunday mornings. It is on US 27 just a couple miles south of I75 across from Everglades Holiday park. I usually head out there and shoot the bullshit if some decent guys are around. I'm on the only B-king out there. Also, the tiki is supposed to be opening back up on September 1st. Good music, decent food, women, and lots of bikes...
Haven't seen a B king on the streets here yet!

I heard cafe 27 shut down. Back in the day we would meet up there then go to this restaurant called Clock in Clewiston then to snake road

Yeah, it shut down a couple weeks ago, but bikers still meet up to go do what bikers do on fast bikes...

It is re-opening on September 1st though.

Hey!!!!!!, I’m one of them and have 3 bikes in the garage! LOL!
Same, even though I rarely ride the ninja. The busa is just much better in almost every aspect.

View attachment 1604108
I was actually discussing this with a colleague the other day. I think bring millennial is more about state of mind than year of birth. It's the sense of entitlement and instant gratification that typifies millennial-ism...

My uneducated guess? The cagers have finally weeded the heard due to texting... Especially in SoFl.
Troy
Saw a car swerving on I-4 a few months back and sped up to pass it and get away from it, when I looked in the car, it was a young girl driving and reading a book!! Also saw a guy driving a work van on I-4 as well and he had his phone wedged on the steering wheel cover and playing what looked like candy crush. I gave him a dirty look and he put it down right away. Probably noticed the camera on my helmet and thought I was recording him.

I was actually discussing this with a colleague the other day. I think bring millennial is more about state of mind than year of birth. It's the sense of entitlement and instant gratification that typifies millennial-ism...

I never understood the millennial thing, but I was also an immigrant so I don’t understand a lot of these things.

Nice Z06. This was mine.it was "stock" with 26# boost. :D

I'm up here in the panhandle of Florida and I've noticed the dwindling down of riders over the past few years. I've told myself numerous times that I will not ride as long as I live here due to everything pretty much being off one main road and the massive amount of inattentive drivers out there these days with their face glued to their phone. Last year it seemed like an almost weekly occurence of a rider going down and unfortunately passing from injuries with the majority of the incidents being the fault of the other vehicle.

Beatiful! What kind of motor did it have if you were on 26psi? You should be easy 1200-1400WHP thats nuts!!!!

1500 rwhp on a built ls6 with custom twins on e85 and methanol, 2000cc injectors, 6 255lph fuel pumps. But that’s the short list

Op, love that RR as well. Had an 04 Repsol that I used to track with and man was it a fun bike. I can only imagine what the new one is like to ride

1500 rwhp on a built ls6 with custom twins on e85 and methanol, 2000cc injectors, 6 255lph fuel pumps. But that’s the short list

Op, love that RR as well. Had an 04 Repsol that I used to track with and man was it a fun bike. I can only imagine what the new one is like to ride
My god!!!! That is a beast of a Corvette. Must have been one fun ride LOL

Back