What Happened

super851

Registered
I need Help! Yesterday was out riding with a bunch of guys and one of them had an 02 Ninja 12r, (the rider is about 205 lbs) did a roll on starting from 100 in 3rd, got the jump on him switched into 4th and he blew by me like I was putting on brakes!!! I have the following: PCii, HMF High Dual Carbons, BMC Race air filter and a ATRE. Stock gears, and all that I could tell that he has done to his bike was a Yosh slip-on. I tried a fiends map for his busa same year and same modes and according to the paperwork that the dyno tuner gave him read 173 bhp and 103 lbs of torque. So my question again is, WHAT HAPPEN???

He may have been in 2nd with gearing changes? He may have more then you think under the plastic? Were you shifting @ 10800. the Ninja has a little more HP but should not be able to pass with ease. try him again next time you see him.
wow.gif

sad.gif
Thanks I will try that next time, I had to by my tee shirt that this board is offering so that I can stick my chest out again, surprisingly I got him in the twisties.

Dang hate you got served, but is this someone you know & was it a stock 12
rock.gif

Always gotta be careful on those street races, most guys/gals i know who are into street racing have a few surprises under the plastic
mad.gif

wink.gif
No I just met the guy and I try to take people for their word because that is the only thing that a person really owns. I noticed that the color of the tips of my pipes are black and some what sooty, could I be running too rich?

How do you shift? What do you weight?

Even then I call BS on a STOCK 12 passing you like that!

I have raced several with my 01 Busa and it was UGLY for them every time. I would say the bike is either far from stock or might have the hidden giggle gas on it. There are quite a few ZX-12's around me with SPRAY and say "it's all stock man!"------"RIGHT!"

I would say try it again and see if it's the same. If so give the bike a good look over! If it doesn't have motor work I would say he sprayed you!

Happy Hunting!
biggrin.gif

That could be it!

Try shifting as close to fuel shut off as you can. Mine reads 11,200 RPM on the tach when I shift but yours might only be 11,000 or 10,800. The higher you shift the more MPH you'll get going into the next gear. At 100 MPH this will be a big difference.

Your 225 won't be off much to his 205 but that helps him. Just make sure you are in FULL TUCK!

Shift at RED line, get in full tuck, and you should walk him. Unless he has more done than he claims. Just remember the higher the speeds the more the BUSA will pull due to AERODYNAMICS!

Good luck next time.

Josh
blues.gif

Yeah I am going to call BS here as well. The 12R is a fast bike no doubt, but there is nothing, I mean NOTHING stock out there that just walks a properly motivated Hayabusa. This almost smells like a troll.

851, I'm an all around honest guy and if we weren't racing I'd tell you all about my Busa. If we were to line up, I'd be all stock. Just the "name of the game". Especially in street racing. There are a few things that could've happend: One, he was in 2cnd, and when you got the wholeshot he clicked 3rd and so on. Two, he was sparyin'. Three, and I've seen this before, he could have been in his "sweet spot" and your rpm's were not in your's. The ZX-12 is no slouch but dosen't compare to the Busa's mid and top end, so if he did pass you it shouldn't have been that bad. Finally; four, he possibly out shifted you. No offense but how long have you owned your bike and or raced it. A split second in between shifts could cost you a bike length or two. I recently raced a CBR 600RR while on my friends stock ZX9R and got pulled by the Honda untill about 120mph or so. It didn't help that the CBR had several mods and the 9R didn't. You would think no chance, but I was not used to the bike and just fell behind.
type.gif

Try shifting as close to fuel shut off as you can.  Mine reads 11,200 RPM on the tach when I shift but yours might only be 11,000 or 10,800.  The higher you shift the more MPH you'll get going into the next gear.  
851 I'd say try again... off day or you wernt on the throttle as much as him... blah blah blah just take a 2nd shot IMHO.

Now Josh, maybe I'm gettin old and my eye's dont see what they used to......... but when I am rankin on the throttle, for me, ther is like a 1/2 second or less between 10,800 and 11,200 rpm so I just wack it til it feels right, uuuuuuh no pun intended.

K

Happy racing all!
biggrin.gif

Do u shift with the clutch? I've read that many here like myself usually shift with the clutch from 1st to 2nd then clutchless to the moon. Like grabntwist mentions, it's surprising how much u can lose with slower shifts. The bikes are close as is and just takes practice to make it an art. Like many have said in other posts that I've read, it just takes practice. Check out the guys in the 1/4 mile section, lots of info there. Keep practicing racing him and you'll get him eventually because we know that the Busa is able. It's always easier to practice with someone that beats u (for the moment), gives you something to aim for. Good luck
smile.gif

Even with less than optimal shift or RPM it shouldn't pull you that hard. NOS is probably a good guess and if that's the case, hollow victory.
wink.gif

No, No, say it isn't soooo.... just kiddin'.. the ZX12 is a beast and very close to the Busa. I raced one in a roll on, we agreed to go down one gear at the same time then hit it... while we were agreeing, I went from 4th to 3rd and my R's were very high.. when we went down one gear I was in 2nd (I think he did too!) and we hit it... I tore him up from the jump... When I hit 3rd my R's were redlined... by the time I hit 4th and kept giving it gas he was slowly getting closer but it was too late... We came up on traffic shortly thereafter and had to slow down but he conceded he got dusted..

I have a gearing change in the front and that may have helped from the start, but keeping the R's up and speed shifting (I think that's what you call clutchless.. i dunno but it works) helps.... I weigh about 138lbs and he isn't much heavier, so we were pretty even there. He doesn't know I have a gearing change, but he challenged me!!! So, HE got served!!!!

Aaaaahhhhh yes, the never ending Busa vs. 12 battle.. I LOVE IT!!

LoBusa

Now Josh, maybe I'm gettin old and my eye's dont see what they used to......... but when I am rankin on the throttle, for me, ther is like a 1/2 second or less between 10,800 and 11,200 rpm  so I just wack it til it feels right, uuuuuuh no pun intended.

K

Happy racing all!  
biggrin.gif
Are you kidding......

I am just a speed junky I guess but it feels like a life time watching that TACH! I feel like I'm on a 600, that is until I am beside someone else and I just own them.

That or let a GSXR1k get the jump and just run then down like it's nothing.

I love the BUSA, I just need MORE POWER!

Josh
super.gif

LoBusa thanks, I needed that, notice you're in northen cal what's your favorite road?
All routes leading up to Alice's... Lake Berryessa.. Hwy 9 coming from Santa Cruz, Redwood Rd (Castro Valley) into Skyline (Oakland) up to the Wall, Mt. Tam.... Skaggs Spring Rd...

Where do you ride?? What year color Busa do you have? There a few of us hayabusa.org members here that I have ridden with.

Lo

Back