finally happened

glad your ok , not hurt , could ve been alot worse , as long island is well known for its bumper to bumper drivers ! and #### load of 5 ton suv's talkin on the phone eatin lunch and whatever else at the same time !

not like me forgettin the kickstand one sunny day in front of everybody at lunch hour.....  
wink.gif
OUCH!
sad.gif

dayam!! Thats sucks...
sad.gif

...anyway, the brighter side isyour alive, and you are not hurt!!

Glad your ok I highly Recomend Nick Ienatsch's Book, Sport Riding techniques I went and bought it right off and it should be required reading if you are gonna ride a motorcycle it has got my arse out of more than one crack seriously >>>RAce1gun [/QUOTE]

...Totally agree with that!! I have that book, and I posted about it on the board some time back
smile.gif

Goin down SUX! Having to fix your bike SUX! spending weeks in the hospital recovering and learning your permanantly disabled REALLY SUX!  Glad you're only dealing with 2 out of 3!!! Its all about perspective Bro
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|MoosesBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1116118682 -->

Everyone has already said sorry about the bike so I'll just say glad your ok. If it makes you feel any better a cager caused me to down my first Busa the DAY after I picked it up and totalled it with only 160 miles on it.

If you don't mind my asking, were you maybe following a little too close or did you just panic?  

One thing I've really had to get used to on the Busa is that it takes a little more room to stop than my previous bikes.  The brakes are great, but there is only so much grip in that front tire and the Busa has some mass to it...

-Chris
I was kinda wondering the same thing. Never can have enough of a space cushion! I can get almost downright claustrophobic on my bike sometimes if cagers are boxing me in too much. Flood them out (slow down so the pass around you and you have more room in front of you) or get to a lane where there is more room around you. Traffic doesn't always allow this, but you can always control the amount of space in front of you.

If you don't mind my asking, were you maybe following a little too close or did you just panic?  

One thing I've really had to get used to on the Busa is that it takes a little more room to stop than my previous bikes.  The brakes are great, but there is only so much grip in that front tire and the Busa has some mass to it...

-Chris
I was kinda wondering the same thing. Never can have enough of a space cushion! I can get almost downright claustrophobic on my bike sometimes if cagers are boxing me in too much. Flood them out (slow down so the pass around you and you have more room in front of you) or get to a lane where there is more room around you. Traffic doesn't always allow this, but you can always control the amount of space in front of you.
i guess if your not from long island , this might make sense ! if you are dead on the road people will run you over to get by ! so they dont have to wait on emt and police to clear the road ! you can never leave enough space ! in long island traffic thats asking for an accident , you might as well pull over and wait , and hope you dont get killed by someone using the shoulder to get in front the car ahead of them that has left 20 feet of space open ! if you ride a bike on long island you have to be aggressive and defensive to survive ! and just pray that you dont get caught in a mess ! i think luck has a big part to do with it , and not so much skill ! it is a realy shitty place to ride a motorcycle ! and you need to adapt to the enviroment ! there have been many skilled riders downed here some gone for good , some just crippled for life ! alot of the accidents have nothing to do with rider skill and education ! and alot to do with other sugarbritches not paying attention to what they are doing ! sorry for the rant but there isnt a day that i have ridden that there wasnt at least a dozen sugarbritches that have almost got me ! 1/10 of a second sooner of later ! #### happens !
rant.gif

not like me forgettin the kickstand one sunny day in front of everybody at lunch hour.....  
wink.gif
OUCH!  
sad.gif
hehe......   hasnt EVERYONE done that once?  
rock.gif
1978. Corvallis. In front of 10 or so riding buddies. Pulled up on my 625lb Honda 750 & forgot to put down the stand. God, my face turns red just thinkin' about it.
That beeoch was tough to pick back up too!

One thing I've really had to get used to on the Busa is that it takes a little more room to stop than my previous bikes. The brakes are great, but there is only so much grip in that front tire and the Busa has some mass to it...

-Chris
i guess if your not from long island , this might make sense ! if you are dead on the road people will run you over to get by ! so they dont have to wait on emt and police to clear the road ! you can never leave enough space ! in long island traffic thats asking for an accident , you might as well pull over and wait , and hope you dont get killed by someone using the shoulder to get in front the car ahead of them that has left 20 feet of space open ! if you ride a bike on long island you have to be aggressive and defensive to survive ! and just pray that you dont get caught in a mess ! i think luck has a big part to do with it , and not so much skill ! it is a realy shitty place to ride a motorcycle ! and you need to adapt to the enviroment ! there have been many skilled riders downed here some gone for good , some just crippled for life ! alot of the accidents have nothing to do with rider skill and education ! and alot to do with other sugarbritches not paying attention to what they are doing ! sorry for the rant but there isnt a day that i have ridden that there wasnt at least a dozen sugarbritches that have almost got me ! 1/10 of a second sooner of later ! #### happens !
rant.gif
Yup, you have to be really dedicated to ride on long island,

as I've said before, a ride where someone does not try to kill me is a good one
smile.gif

-Chris
i guess if your not from long island , this might make sense !   if you  are dead on the road people will run you over to get by ! so they dont have to wait on emt and police to clear the road ! you can never leave enough space !  in long island traffic thats asking for an accident  , you might as well pull over  and wait  , and hope you dont get killed by someone using the shoulder to get  in front  the car ahead of them  that has left  20 feet of space open ! if you ride a bike on long island you have to be aggressive and defensive  to survive !  and just pray that you dont get caught in a mess !   i think luck has a big part to do with it , and not so much skill !  it is a realy shitty place to ride a motorcycle ! and you need to adapt to the  enviroment !   there have been many skilled riders downed here  some gone for good , some just crippled for life !   alot of the accidents have nothing to do with rider skill and education  !  and alot to do with other sugarbritches not paying attention to what they are doing  ! sorry for the rant  but  there isnt a day that i have ridden that  there wasnt at least a dozen sugarbritches that  have almost got me ! 1/10 of a second sooner of later !  #### happens !  
rant.gif
Yup, you have to be really dedicated to ride on long island,

as I've said before, a ride where someone does not try to kill me is a good one
smile.gif
So if you almost DIE everytime you ride in Long Island, why do you ride in Long Island
rock.gif

Maybe its not that bad........

Back