It finally happened!!!

beerchug.gif
congrats!!

OK, guys. Thanks for all the warm words. I couldn't get decent sleep for 2 nights because I just couldn't go to sleep - image of the Busa, and me riding those 30 miles was hanging over me.

With all the scams on e-bay, I pretty much figured I would stay with Katana until next fall. So, I saw that add on e-bay, and thought it could be a scam. So, I email the guy, and he responds nicely, and even gives me his home number. In the meantime, the auction is going nowhere and ends below reserve.

So, we exchange a few e-mails, and finally on Friday night agree on the price. I took the train to his town, and he picked me up on the station. Turned out to be a very nice and down to earth guy. Too bad he is not participating in any message boards. He's got 2 other bikes (Harley cruiser and Harley dragster)

I gave him full amount in cash as a collateral to take the bike for a ride. 20 min later, I came back and the decision was made.

Here are my first impressions after riding Katana 600 for 3 years (my first bike).

Bucket seat of Katana is more comfortable, but flat seat of the Busa let's you move your but back and lay down on the tank.

Wind protection on the Busa stinks - you gotta stay really low.. or, just don't pay attention to the wind.

Power - no comment.

Power delivery - that's what I call smooth. First gear on the Kat is pretty jerky. On the Busa it's so smooth and manageable that you get confused whether it's first or second.

Transmission. Boy, those shifts happen so smoothly - just click and it's done - much smoother than on the Kat.

Turn it rate. Boy, compared to the Kat the thing just falls into turns.

Suspension - much stiffer than on the Kat - which I guess is expected.

This Busa is lowered by 3/4" which makes the seat hight about the same as Katana's, and the guy gave me stock dog bones. I will ride like that - I am 5'9", and only if I have clearance problems will put the stock dog bones on.

OK, what else? I love how Micron sounds. Throaty, but not obnoxious.

The Kat will go. I'll wait till spring to sell her (sigh). Busa is gonna be my only bike for street and track. I don't go too crazy and stay within my limits. I treat riding on the track same as riding on the street - you can push more because it's safer, but not to the extent that you exceed your limits.

It's interesting to note, that starting on the Katana as a first bike was a much more drastic change than switching now to the Busa. I guess after 3 years of riding, and 17,000 miles, including about a dozen track days during last 2 seasons embedded all the right reflexes.

And, yeah.. I will be taking it easy. I always take a long term approach. Want to keep this baby for years to come, and keep the rubber side down. I know it's a bit like learning to ride anew.

I am just so extatic (whatever the heck the right spelling is) about owning the bike that I wanted for years.

And, now a few shots in the garage. I went there the next day to check on her. You know, start the engine, seat on her, set the clock, check her around.

100_1138_smaller.JPG

Congrats my fellow KP'er - that's my next plan as well, as soon as I reckon I have the discipline it takes to ride that baby, the hayabusa will be right there next to my Kat
smile.gif

enjoy and ride safe
smile.gif

smile.gif

Wow! Congrats and I can tell that you are definitely hooked on the Busa IG.

Glad you got her, finally...looks great!
smile.gif

Congrats first!!! As for the Katana first bike, I did exactly the same, but only kept mine for a year, but I'm glad I did it like that. They're actually the same family of bike, but the power is what separates it from the 6 or 750. I've always wondered how the ebay thing really worked. I've seen some bogus prices on there, and just don't believe it. Like the Burg/Chrome that's on there now for 3000 for the 3rd time from a different owner. Enjoy, be safe.

ididnt get a chance to read much
im in a hurry
but that looks like a great bike
i wish u luck with your new ride
and welcome to the board
g

Congrats first!!! As for the Katana first bike, I did exactly the same, but only kept mine for a year, but I'm glad I did it like that. They're actually the same family of bike, but the power is what separates it from the 6 or 750. I've always wondered how the ebay thing really worked. I've seen some bogus prices on there, and just don't believe it. Like the Burg/Chrome that's on there now for 3000 for the 3rd time from a different owner. Enjoy, be safe.
Thank you guys for all nice comments.

Hey again africanrider!

As to e-bay, yes there are a lot of scams all over, and I've seen so many, and reported so many to e-bay admins.

The funny thing is the only reason I sent e-mail to the guy was to verify whether it was a scam or not. What do you know.

Back