It finally happened!!!

IG.

Registered
Well, finally I found a great deal on 2001 Blue and Silver with less than 900 miles, Micron (carbon fiber can) full system, powercommander with correct map. It was an e-bay auction (click here) which ended below reserve.

We exchanged a few e-mails with a guy, and long story short, she is sitting in the garage next to my Katana (which does not look happy at all).

The guy turned out to be a mechanic and racer (1/4 mile and speed), and the nicest guy. After riding her back (total for test ride plus ride back home - around 30 miles), I still cannot believe it. The bike seems to be in immaculate condition.

It was a long day, and I am pretty tired.

Needless to say, there was no such thing as opening a throttle 1/4, or even 1/8, no. Just putting a little twisting pressure on that thing, and off she goes.

Well, too tired now. Will give more my first impressions later.

Oh, I wanted to own a 'Busa since '99. I didn't even ride then.

And, quick 4 years later....

Right on! Congratulations. Just remember to give it some time and get used to your busa. For about the first two weeks I found myself going into corners just way too hot... The speed the busa carries is really deceptive and it will take a little while to get used to. Enjoy it man!!!

Oh and a Big Official <table style=filter:glow(color=red)>WELCOME TO THE CLUB!!</table>

Woohoo! Congratulations!!
thumbs-up.gif

Ride on! I got mine with only 600 miles on her. Trimmed the new price by about $3k I am a believer in this. Why did the guy sell? Just curious, and welcome to our gang.
thumbs-up.gif

beerchug.gif

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>CONGRATS & WELCOME !!!</span></span>

<!--EDIT|stkr00
Reason for Edit: None given...|1071444253 -->

Definitely congratulations. You are in the same situation I am with a 'Busa and a lonely Katana. Haven't ridden my Kat in about 4 months and am not sure what to do with her. You will definitely enjoy the 'Busa!
biggrin.gif

congrats ...just got mine about 3 weeks ago ...and it is much dif from the bandit 1200 ...i love it and it does take time to get used to ...ride on:D

That is totally awesome man! Is the Kat gonna be track only now? I am doing that with an SV.

BTW - there is know way to get that huge grin off your face is there?

-Vaughn

Back