Finally happened.....

OZZY

DOIN' WORK...
Donating Member
Registered
so saturday while im down in cincy visiting friends and family i meet up with some of my ridin buddies down there for a nice cruise. welll we stop at a gas station and we all fill up and hit the road. as im making a 150mph pass across the bridge, i started smelling gas and then was getting sprayed profusely with it. i looked down and i forgot to lock my freakin gas cap. gas was sprayin out everywhere...... including all over me and the bike.

i had alot of gas spattered on the inside of my windscreen and i rubbed a couple spots tio make sure it would wipe off fairly easy. well, after a day of riding in 95 degree temps, i get back to my buddies house and noticed that my windscreen had melted where i touched it in the few places.

so there it is, i finally have a "DOH!!!" story on my busa. the only good thing that comes from this is that i now have a reason to get a double bubble screen sooner.

Sorry to read that but I'm glad it turned out that way opposed to how I was thinking as I read the post. New windscreen is an easy fix!

well, atleast i was the test dummy for the "how fast can u go before ur unlocked gas cap flies open test."

oh man that sucks atleast you didn't catch fire.
AAAssjani.gif

Others have had much worse stories, so feel glad about that! Get that DB that you've wanted, but been putting off.

good thing it didn't turn out like the Texas Tornado

http://tinyurl.com/zhbvo

Talked to him at a meet-n-greet in houston and asked about it.

he said he noticed his shield getting wet aand thought rain untill his Nuts started getting hot.

later

That sux,but if I recall,I can't take my key out of my gas cap unless it's shut and locked!

yea the same happen to me with the vortex cap i just had chromed but at least i had a reason to switch to a double bubble...
mad.gif
laugh.gif

Back