Pressure build-up in gas tank?

Yea, I dont know what the hell they were talking about in the Kawasaki forum but gas pressure build up in the fuel tank is not a good thing...I had a lot of gas pressure build up in my fuel tank, the pressure nearly blew my hat off each time un-screwed the gas cap....The problem was that the venting hose from my new gas cap base had a kink, i fixed it , now there is no more gas pressure build up or any of that hissing noise.
I can't believe i thought that it was normal for gas pressure build up in the tank, Its Not..

hello fellas..
I have been reading this thread..and just purchased a Gen 1 (2002) busa and I have been hearing a ringing sound when i finish riding the bike.... dont know what it could be coming from but I was told it sounds like the fuel pump. I talked to the previous owner and he said all Suzi does that...I been riding Katanas and neva heard that sound...maybe he mean all fuel injected suzi?

I dont know...was wondering if anyone knew or have the same problem before i go and let the Stealership take a look at it?

Anyone...

Thanks newbie

DeePhi

hello fellas..
I have been reading this thread..and just purchased a Gen 1 (2002) busa and I have been hearing a ringing sound when i finish riding the bike.... dont know what it could be coming from but I was told it sounds like the fuel pump. I talked to the previous owner and he said all Suzi does that...I been riding Katanas and neva heard that sound...maybe he mean all fuel injected suzi?

I dont know...was wondering if anyone knew or have the same problem before i go and let the Stealership take a look at it?

Anyone...

Thanks newbie

DeePhi

So you shut the bike off and hear a ringing in your ears.??? Probably just from travelling at warp-factor-Busa.:laugh:

Seriously thou...the guy you bought the bike from says its normal and that all Suzuki's make a ringing sound after they have been shut down.???

Could you give him a phone call (hopefully he picks up his cell and doesn't put his ear to his bike) and tell him for me, that if he continually smokes crack the "ringing" fuel pumps and voices in his head will become permanant.

I have been riding and wrenching Suzuki's for 30+ years and have yet to have one sound like a phone, a bell,or any other ringing device upon shut-down.

I have heard them Snap,Crackle and Pop...but thats just usually when I'm sitting on them eating breakfast.

RSD.

ringing sound.........weird.

Is the sound only when you stop the engine and key out or whilst its still idling??

if its after shutting the bike down it could be the fuel return line being nipped or kinked under the tank and the remaining fuel system pressure trying to squeeze the fuel back to the tank.

Sorry fellas, was out of town. Ok, I really don't know how to explain it but I'll give it a go.
You know the sound you hear when you first put key in ignition and turn on? That little ringing sound or buzzing sound ,the high pitched sound whilst the speed and odometer hands are moving? That is the sound I'm hear constantly when I finish riding and turn off key... Eventually it stops, but like about 15 mins or so after sitting? Hope that helps. I actually went to the dealer and he too said that it was normal, but he didn't look as if he was sure...lol
Someone please help!!!!!!

Could be from fuel pressure or the cooling system ( becomes pressurized when the bike is cranked and warms up ). I'm one of those guys that doesn't get too upset over noises. My wife on the other hand hears every little noise and wants it looked at. Motor Vehicles make noises.

Hmmm, A Thought Too...Well I Too Dont Worry About Noises But Seems As Though Everyine Else Hears It And Think Something Is Wrong AND Has A Different Answer Of What It May Be....So I Was Just Seeing If I Should Be Worried About It...Thanks For.Any And Every Answers

Back