It finally happened ...

pseudo

Donating Member
Registered
I feel bad about bitching about minor rock dings from last weeks dump truck incident.

On my way to Jackson Hole Wyoming this weekend, I stopped at a Chevron in Soda Springs Idaho.

I whnt in to get some food and some lottery scratch tickets and came back out, parked in the shade to play my tickets when all a sudden my bike lunged forward (I was not on my bike at the time) and down into a tall curb, busting off my left mirror, scratching the windscreen, the corner of the front faring, the left faring, the magnito cover , the clutch resivior (which took the brunt of the fall by the way) and even got a bit of my muffler can.

Turns out a guy from Boise turned into the gas station a bit too tightly and his camper tailer bumped my tail light making my bike roll off the kickstand.

You could have hear me cursing from three states I was so mad.

But I calmed down, after seeing the absolute dread on this guys face, and after finding out he was fully insured. (I know he felt bad, let alone scared, I'm not a small guy)

I called the local police to document the whole thing (I highly suggest doing this if you have never delt with an insurance company before) to proove it wasn't my fault and to aid in my insurance claim. The office documented everything and took photos of the scene and cleared me of wrong doing.

I stopped by a Suzuki dealership on the way home, and it looks like (from a rough estimate) tht parts will be about $2000+labor.

The bike itself still runs ok, I even got it up to 160 on a back road. (not that I do that all the time). ;)

Nice thing is, OEM replacement parts from Suzuki are out of this world expensive. So I might be able to use my claim check to buy replacement parts off of ebay, do the labor myself, and get some killer after market items, like carbon fiber wheels and or a performance exhaust.

I'll have photos as soon as I can find my camera.

Sorry, for the crash, glad you are getting it worked out though.

Sometimes this is the best way for upgrades. The bike doesn't get any major damage to major componets, and you get a big check. Sucks the Busa went down, but enjoy the mods
biggrin.gif

Sorry to hear this ofcourse, but as said above, the BUSA CURSE. Lately everyone and their cat has dropped their busa it seems between the two boards. I have a touch of the curse today, but thats a different thread Im about to start. Glad you are taking it well and working out and NO DEEP damage.

That incidents sucks... But the good side of it is you'll probably end up having your Busa not only clean as new, but with a few mods added to it :-)

At leats its not a hit and run... imagine if a sucker would have done the same thing with you not around and then decided to take off!!!

race.gif

Sorry to hear it but at least it wasn't your fault. About your replacement cost.....

Call Kathy, you can get all your OEM stuff at COST +10%. She will save you a bunch. You might even be able to pocket around $500-800.
wink.gif

You could probably get a free aftermarket pipe out of the deal.
biggrin.gif

Sorry about the charsh mate!!!

...I suggest you get some frame sliders first!! They really help with the trip overs

At leats its not a hit and run... imagine if a sucker would have done the same thing with you not around and then decided to take off!!![/QUOTE]

He woudn't have gotten far ... Hell, I probably could have given him a 3 hour head start. ;)

<!--EDIT|pseudo
Reason for Edit: None given...|1123355477 -->

Call Kathy, you can get all your OEM stuff at COST +10%. She will save you a bunch. You might even be able to pocket around $500-800.
wink.gif

You could probably get a free aftermarket pipe out of the deal.
biggrin.gif
[/QUOTE]

Who's Kathy? What is her number? That would be awsome!

Kath sells OEM bike parts at great prices. Here's her info: 1*304*748-*2009 and ask for kathy or email me at SNORTH_03@MSN.COM OR CALL MY CELL AT 1*740*424*0735

Best to start by contacting one of our local board members that sell OEM parts such as Revlis and Vman or GmBUsa and StreetnTrackimports.

Back