It finally happened and it was fast

Glad you were ok. Great that the truck forced her to pull over. What kind of person would not have pulled over to make sure you were ok?

Glad you are ok. Sorry about the bike, but hopefully she is better when you get her back.

I could not imagine riding in DFW traffic. I hate doing it in my truck. Glad you had some responsive driivers around you to watch out for you and make her stop.

Glad you are ok ... Were you on LBJ, 45 or loop 12 ? Great right up ...
beerchug.gif

Glad to hear you are o.k. Hopefully things will progress smoothly with the repairs.

Glad to hear you are OK. Let us know if there is anything you need for your bike.
smile.gif

Glad to hear you are ok. Take it from a fellow Texas rider. If her insurance company does not offer to take care of it pretty quickly then get a lawyer. I had an accident with a witness and a police report stating the other driver was at fault (in the police report he even admited fault, locked his brakes in the lane to my right and then cut in front of me "to avoid an object no one could find") I thought great this should be easy. Long story short he hired a lawyer and the insurance company folded and decided we were both at fault.

You got lucky believe it or not. You walked away!! Thank god for gear!! Sounds like it is under control with the insurance company, thats great!! Glad your OK bro!! Take it easy!

good to hear that you are ok. that could have been alot worse on you than it was, glad to hear that the accident investigator is a fellow rider, and can tell by looking at certain things that the accident was caused by another even though no contact was made.

heal up quick bro.

I live over in North Richland Hills. I ride the 635 HOV most of the time in my commute. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you out. Glad you made it out OK.

glad you're ok. What an azzhole for trying to take off.
guns.gif
Hope they throw the book at her.

Thanks for the kind words and the offer of support. It means a lot!

I'm hoping it's an open and shut case, given the police report that the officer said he was filing and the witnesses I have at this point. I picked up the bike and it doesn't look too bad. There is some sort of mechanical issue as the lights do come on (they even left my blinker in the on position lmao) but the engine wont turn over. Now that I've taken shots of the bike, I'll contact the insurance tomorrow morning and have an adjuster take a look at it. I'll follow that up with taking it to the shop to get an estimate. Then I'll hold my breath for the police report and go from there.

As you can see from the pictures, 30mph isn't just a get up and walk off situation even with the gear. I can't imagine what 60mph or more would be like - I would have slid longer and possibly tumbled (breaking bones? Definitely more bruising!). Because of the gear, I'll be fixing the bike asap and I still have the desire to ride (in gear). More importantly my recovery will be nothing really and I'll be ABLE to ride fairly soon. Really, everyone needs to wear their gear; Gear is all that stands between us and the unexpected; Wear it, end of story!

** It was 635 westbound just past the Miller on-ramp heading toward the High-Five for those that live nearby and were curious. **

this might sound silly but when my bike fell last year (on the side of the interstate where I was pulled over for speeding), I hit the killswitch on the right handlebar while picking it up. I didn't know it at the time. I sat there on my bike, on the side of the highway for ½ hr on my cell phone with the Zuk dealer. Just as I was going to call for towing the guy said "did you check the killswitch?" It's worth a look.

Oh let me ask those with experience

I've been told by others who I ride with that her insurance will almost demand that they restore the bike to stock versus using the same funds they would pay to do what I want to do. However, I've seen people here that have used the insurance payoff on an accident to mod the schnizt out of their scooter. What do I need to do to make that happen for me? I'm not looking for anything fancy - just new pipes (prefer Yoshi's) and new paint (probably solid color - and I have connections at House of Kolor so it should be on the cheap).

I might have also cracked a rib or two because I'm having a little trouble breathing and when I cough or sneeze it almost brings tears to my eyes. The guys are telling me to go get x-rays and file a suit against her to get some extra cash but I'm not a cutthroat individual. Sure she was in the wrong and it appeared she was going to run... but if I'm going to heal I'd rather not have the guilt down the road, when I look at my ride, of knowing it was paid for because I took the mile versus the inch that she owed me. Honestly, I could go in to the ER and get examined because EVERYTHING hurts from my neck to me ankles but I think it's just typical soreness.

Suggestions?

Just another reason to despise irresponsible cagers!!!! Man these folks who try to run away like that really suck...Had a friend of mine get ran right off the road about the same way...car merged in on him, ran him off the road, and never let up.....went right on like nobody's business...they suck...had my own taste of nearly getting killed back in October of last year....

Glad to see you're okay...make the insurance take care of it all...they will try to lowball you if you let them....stand your ground and don't be pressured into accepting their first offers==don't be lowballed!!!! took me over two months to get a good settlement...

100_3739copy.jpg

Back