Problem at dealership

Welcome aboard first of all. Secondly, simply un-ass the scratched fairing, put on the new one and ride that mutha 'til the wheels fall off.
race.gif

That is why I try and do most of the work myself.

I hate to say it, but with all the stories of mechanics dropping bikes, doing burnouts etc.

And I have a good mechanic and a dealership I trust. I just still try to do most stuff myself.

aside from that. I think the dealership should get to keep the old fairing. But I also think some type of compensation is in order. Such as a free service or something for the inconvenience of the situation that was caused by the dealer.

Just my .02

Oh I dunno JC, If my local dealer dropped my ride, but stepped right up and put her straight again?  I'd continue doing business with them.  They want my old parts???  I don't like it, cause it would be handy and seriously I doubt that it's the dealership that needs it, it's some fugwit at the shop hoping for free spares...  At least that's what it sounds like.  WTF would the dealer need the part for?  What sort of policy is this?

But in the end, once I see that it is a Suzuki North America policy of some sort?  I'll swap em fairings no worries...  Not even bitch about it, but I would want to know that it is Suzuki Corporate policy (Faulty/damaged parts and liability stuff), not some Busa Owner working at the shop needing parts of his own on the sly...
your are correct I did back a crusier into the back wall and cracked his Turnsignal and next day one in for his ands installed it. figre it was in for and oil and filter and the T/S with nextday air was 92.00 I lost my ass but kept a customer stuff does happen. but it is ot a susuki rule or anything it is the law if you pay for it the old stuff is yours if you didn't it is up to the person how paid for it to do what they want for it.
another example. you come to me and have a custom map made. then I charge you and then start selling it all over. hell you paid for something I am now going to make money on.
And because you paid for it you can do anything you want with it.
If I did not charge you then I can do what I want with it because I paid for it.
make sense now

All I would recommend (and I recommend this for every business you work with) is know their policies and be prepared to follow them. Don't let businesses do things to you just because you think you are supposed to.

That being said, by all means if you like these people and don't care about the scratched fender and they are gonna replace it for you, do it.

[rant]
And you are right, if it was your shop and that was your policy and you enforced it, I would have no right to that part. Of course, you would have no right to my further business either. It all works out in the end. I just prefer a world where all the rules are well known and people don't have alternate expectations of what should be done in business.
[/rant]

For the record, if it were me, I couldn't care less what they did with the fender. But if they did it this week, they'd sure as hell make fixing my bike their highest priority because I am about to go on a road trip. I'd be *pissed* if my bike was scratched up.

Back