Problem at dealership

CrimsonBusa

Registered
Hi all, new to the board. Recently got my second busa ( 04 LE ). Lost my first ( 02 blu/blk ) in an accident that kept me down for nearly a year. Anyway, here is my question. I brought the bike in for its first service at the dealership and while they were working on the bike in the service bay area they dropped it! Among the damaged parts is the left faring which has multiple scratches. The dealer agreed to replace the faring. When the new faring arrived they refused to give it to me unless I gave them the scratched one. My position is that the scratched faring is mine and I should not have to give it to them. You get the picture. What do you think I should do?

did they give a reson why they want the scratched one back. somebody on here had a similar incident. I believe it was one of the guys in VA.

hhhhmmm sounds like they may be up to some BS.. fug up a bike get their fairing, fix it and put it on the next bike they screw up..

my argument would be that u bought the bike so the fairing is yours.. they need to fix their screw up. thats why they have insurance. maybe someone else has a better argument u can use. otherwise maybe try that one and call suzuki hq while at the dealership. Use their phone and I'm sure they have the number too.

technicly they are buying you a new piece they get the old one period.
just like if you claimed it on insurance, the insurance Co. owns your old parts because they bought new ones for you.

plain and simple.

If you wrecked the bike most likely the insurance company would give you the old parts. Atleast mine did. If the dealer screws up and breaks things and they have to buy the new parts I'm sure they are going to want the old ones back. It's what has happened to me. The shop I use scratched my rims and gave me a different set. They kept my old ones. When I got the new rims the back one was bent. This was suspose to be a brand new one from Suzuki. I doubt it.
A different shop:
When I wrecked my bike and they fixed it but screwed up one of the new fairings. They replaced it but they kept the old one just the same.

Just make sure you get the new fairing before you give them the old one. I made this mistake with mine and they tried to get it fixed before I would notice.
mad.gif

Make sure they replace every damned scuffed item on your bike. They should be kissin your @ss for dropping your new Busa!
mad.gif

Back