Problem at dealership

CrimsonBusa

Registered
Hi all, new to the board. Recently got my second busa ( 04 LE ). Lost my first ( 02 blu/blk ) in an accident that kept me down for nearly a year. Anyway, here is my question. I brought the bike in for its first service at the dealership and while they were working on the bike in the service bay area they dropped it! Among the damaged parts is the left faring which has multiple scratches. The dealer agreed to replace the faring. When the new faring arrived they refused to give it to me unless I gave them the scratched one. My position is that the scratched faring is mine and I should not have to give it to them. You get the picture. What do you think I should do?

Well i think you both are thinkin the same thing about the fairing...Selling it or having it as a spare, i know there resposiable for replacing it but have no other comment on the subject

If they replace for you, they keep the fugged up one. Sounds like they are trying to fix the problem they created.
Sounds fair.

Personal opinion is don't worry about the few dollars that would be on the sale of the scratched piece and give it 'em. Take the new one and go ride that beast!

Swap it out and roll on...
evil.gif

Just let em keep it, besides what's the most you think you'll be able to get out of it?

Welcome..............make sure it is fixed like new everything..do not worry about the old parts.

Same thing happened to me, I was planning on keeping an extra set of fairings, but that was wishful thinking, I guess I can understand their point, as long as they make it right in the end

its kinda the same thing with insurance. if they total your car, they either want the car or for you to pay to buy it back from them. Once they put out money for the new part, they own the old one. Sucks but thats how it works. I would go over the entire bike though and make sure there wasent a scratch on it anywhere

If they're replacing at their costs, they get the fairing. That's just my opinion though.

Make sure you inspect it thoroughly and don't accept anything unless its completely like new.

Screw it, let them have the old fairing but make sure all the peices are ok. Get you beast back and go riding...

Hi all, new to the board. Recently got my second busa ( 04 LE ). Lost my first ( 02 blu/blk ) in an accident that kept me down for nearly a year. Anyway, here is my question. I brought the bike in for its first service at the dealership and while they were working on the bike in the service bay area they dropped it! Among the damaged parts is the left faring which has multiple scratches. The dealer agreed to replace the faring. When the new faring arrived they refused to give it to me unless I gave them the scratched one. My position is that the scratched faring is mine and I should not have to give it to them. You get the picture. What do you think I should do?
If I have something of yours in my care, under contract, and I break it, I don't suddenly own it, even if I buy you a new one in its stead. I *am* obligated to make it like new (or put back in the same condition in which I found it.) Unless the policy for repairs states that they magically get ownership of anything they break, and it doesn't conflict with local laws, then don't let them keep the fairing unless you have some reason to believe it will be good for you in the long run.

Don't let other people trample your property rights just for convenience sake. Make them give it back, or give you a damn good reason they should keep it. Report them to the BBB or equivalent if they don't cooperate. Remember, you are paying them, they serve you. Not the other way around.

tell them thats your only mode of transportation and you'll be needing a rental car in the mean time.......or cough up the old fairing.......Nawh man I would get a brand new one and let them have the scratched one.

Hi all, new to the board.  Recently got my second busa ( 04 LE ).  Lost my first ( 02 blu/blk ) in an accident that kept me down for nearly a year.  Anyway, here is my question.  I brought the bike in for its first service at the dealership and while they were working on the bike in the service bay area they dropped it!  Among the damaged parts is the left faring which has multiple scratches.  The dealer agreed to replace the faring.  When the new faring arrived they refused to give it to me unless I gave them the scratched one.  My position is that the scratched faring is mine and I should not have to give it to them.  You get the picture.  What do you think I should do?
If I have something of yours in my care, under contract, and I break it, I don't suddenly own it, even if I buy you a new one in its stead.  I *am* obligated to make it like new (or put back in the same condition in which I found it.)  Unless the policy for repairs states that they magically get ownership of anything they break, and it doesn't conflict with local laws, then don't let them keep the fairing unless you have some reason to believe it will be good for you in the long run.

Don't let other people trample your property rights just for convenience sake.  Make them give it back, or give you a damn good reason they should keep it.  Report them to the BBB or equivalent if they don't cooperate.  Remember, you are paying them, they serve you.  Not the other way around.
I will tell you what the law states, only becuase if you acted like you state in my repair shop I would stick to the law. READ your work order you signed.
THEY the dealership is not responsible for any damage period, and they are entitled to the old part if they pay for new.Now go back and think about what you post before this customer doesn't get squat.
After all the dealership knows they already lost his futrue bussiness

Oh I dunno JC, If my local dealer dropped my ride, but stepped right up and put her straight again? I'd continue doing business with them. They want my old parts??? I don't like it, cause it would be handy and seriously I doubt that it's the dealership that needs it, it's some fugwit at the shop hoping for free spares... At least that's what it sounds like. WTF would the dealer need the part for? What sort of policy is this?

But in the end, once I see that it is a Suzuki North America policy of some sort? I'll swap em fairings no worries... Not even bitch about it, but I would want to know that it is Suzuki Corporate policy (Faulty/damaged parts and liability stuff), not some Busa Owner working at the shop needing parts of his own on the sly...

Yeah....it sucks that they dropped your ride but think about it......you didn't come in there with two fairings.....you really shouldn't leave with two. However, it seems like they would have compensated you with something like discounts or kiss your butt for dropping it. My .02.......

Back