What happened to the motorcycle community?

Get a Harley.....

There’s always a bike night or Rally to go to!!! I get invited to Poker Runs and Camp outs all the time. If I wanted to I could find somewhere to go and something to do different every weekend. Lots of opportunities to meet new people and network.

Sad but there really isn’t a sportbike community. It’s usually just a couple guys who hang out occasionally but when someone wrecks or gets married or has a kid the bike is usually the 1st thing to go. Unless you do track days or something of the like your rarely gonna see the same faces.

I’ve had my Busa for close to a decade and there is only 2 other Riders I know that still has their crotch rockets. 1 guy putts around town occasionally and the other has it buried in the back of husband garage. He rides a Harley now..... Used to roll 10-15 deep on a slow weekend. Now that is almost impossible to see unless it’s a Motorcycle Club

Get a Harley.....

There’s always a bike night or Rally to go to!!! I get invited to Poker Runs and Camp outs all the time. If I wanted to I could find somewhere to go and something to do different every weekend. Lots of opportunities to meet new people and network.

Sad but there really isn’t a sportbike community. It’s usually just a couple guys who hang out occasionally but when someone wrecks or gets married or has a kid the bike is usually the 1st thing to go. Unless you do track days or something of the like your rarely gonna see the same faces.

I’ve had my Busa for close to a decade and there is only 2 other Riders I know that still has their crotch rockets. 1 guy putts around town occasionally and the other has it buried in the back of husband garage. He rides a Harley now..... Used to roll 10-15 deep on a slow weekend. Now that is almost impossible to see unless it’s a Motorcycle Club

This is very true....HD/metric cruiser riders usually ride together unlike sport bike riders (normally). In my travels I always encounter cruisers riding but rarely sport bikes.

One of my former colleagues rode his HD with me once but I figure he struggled to keep up even though I was using only 1/4 or less the potential of my bike....he has yet to call me to ride again...our bikes are just so different.

I feel like a large part has to do with family. Sounds kinda cheesy, but hobbies and trades passed down from parent to child seem to be extinct anymore. I remember turning wrenches and welding when I was a kid with my dad. Learning to shoot with him. Learning to build a wrap around porch. I mean that man taught me to mechanics, welding, carpentry, electrical. All things that drove my hobbies and gave me the confidence to pursue them. This last generation is all about... well themselves and their own free time. Day care raises the kid. When they get home they get stuck in front of the tv.
So there’s no more drive. No more “I wanna be just like dad when I grow up”
Now it’s just... tv an phones.
And people are so used to being alone that the thought of getting together with a group gives them anxiety, so they avoid it.

Just my thoughts on it.

I feel like a large part has to do with family. Sounds kinda cheesy, but hobbies and trades passed down from parent to child seem to be extinct anymore. I remember turning wrenches and welding when I was a kid with my dad. Learning to shoot with him. Learning to build a wrap around porch. I mean that man taught me to mechanics, welding, carpentry, electrical. All things that drove my hobbies and gave me the confidence to pursue them. This last generation is all about... well themselves and their own free time. Day care raises the kid. When they get home they get stuck in front of the tv.
So there’s no more drive. No more “I wanna be just like dad when I grow up”
Now it’s just... tv an phones.
And people are so used to being alone that the thought of getting together with a group gives them anxiety, so they avoid it.

Just my thoughts on it.

I wholeheartedly concur....

That and there is generally little drive in their bodies to actually go do things like go outside...

I once had a troop in a panic because he couldn't find his phone...I asked him, "where is your rifle?" he was pretty non-cholent over that and more worried about his phone, whereas I'd be panicking about not having my rifle...

Different times....different times......

Hardly does one see someone without a phone attached to their hands these days.

I once had a troop in a panic
because he could not
find his phone . . .

I asked him ,
" where is your rifle ? "

He was pretty nonchalant over that
and more worried about his phone ,
whereas I would be panicking
about not having my rifle . . .

Different times . . .

Different times . . .

Hardly does one see someone
without a phone attached to
their hands these days .

:banghead:

#AmericasYouth ~ #GunPhoneCase ~ #WhereIsYourRifle ~ #THEoRg *

1500 rwhp on a built ls6 with custom twins on e85 and methanol, 2000cc injectors, 6 255lph fuel pumps. But that’s the short list

Op, love that RR as well. Had an 04 Repsol that I used to track with and man was it a fun bike. I can only imagine what the new one is like to ride

2018 z06 2lz automatic. Only mods are Corsa double Helix X pipe and Corsa Extreme exhaust. Stock tune and filter. Didnt want to do anything to affect the extended warranty.

I’m waiting very patiently for real reviews before possibly doing a trade for one :)

A quiet cabin and the heat is why I no longer have my roadster and have a blown Caddy instead. My version has the 4.4L 32 valve Northstar motor and the resale value hasn’t yet been realized. :confused: :laugh: I wonder just how quiet the C8 will be inside with or without a blower.

My C6 had terrible tunnel heat issues. Does yours?
Nope. Only thing I hate about the car is that there is no option to get blind spot monitors and the cup holders are useless. Also starting the launch control sequence requires a lot of steps and if they arent done properly it wont work. GM could have easily resolved that with one simple launch control button. Although I drive like a maniac so I cant completely blame this on the car but at 8k miles since I got it in jan of 2018 my lifetime fuel economy is 10 miles per gallon. General motors claims 13 in the city and 23 in the highway. But other than that bang for the buck youll need to spend close to $500k to get a car with the same level of performance that my $90k msrp z06 gives you. Is the interior as nice as a Porsche GT2 RS? Of course not. But its not half a million dollars either.

insurance cost keep bike sales down is one thing , then young guys get family's and become responsible , I've been riding since the 70's it has always trended through cycles then a new group of people get bikes and start riding . when young people start having kids the motorcycle takes a back burner almost always

Nope. Only thing I hate about the car is that there is no option to get blind spot monitors and the cup holders are useless. Also starting the launch control sequence requires a lot of steps and if they arent done properly it wont work. GM could have easily resolved that with one simple launch control button. Although I drive like a maniac so I cant completely blame this on the car but at 8k miles since I got it in jan of 2018 my lifetime fuel economy is 10 miles per gallon. General motors claims 13 in the city and 23 in the highway. But other than that bang for the buck youll need to spend close to $500k to get a car with the same level of performance that my $90k msrp z06 gives you. Is the interior as nice as a Porsche GT2 RS? Of course not. But its not half a million dollars either.

Damn, my Caddy only gets 18.5 mpg average but my right foot is mostly to blame. I’d like 25 mpg freeway mileage. Suppose that’ll ever be possible with that much HP?

Damn, my Caddy only gets 18.5 mpg average but my right foot is mostly to blame. I’d like 25 mpg freeway mileage. Suppose that’ll ever be possible with that much HP?
Some people on the corvette forum claim that with a base stingray but I don’t see it happening with a c7 z06 or zr1

Back