What happened to the motorcycle community?

I never understood the millennial thing ,
but I was also an immigrant so
I do not understand a lot
of these things . . .

:moon:

#AreMotorcyclesCoolAnymore ~ #BrushWithDeath ~ #NotCool ~ #THEoRg *

Last edited:
Nope. Only thing I hate about the car is that there is no option to get blind spot monitors and the cup holders are useless. Also starting the launch control sequence requires a lot of steps and if they arent done properly it wont work. GM could have easily resolved that with one simple launch control button. Although I drive like a maniac so I cant completely blame this on the car but at 8k miles since I got it in jan of 2018 my lifetime fuel economy is 10 miles per gallon. General motors claims 13 in the city and 23 in the highway. But other than that bang for the buck youll need to spend close to $500k to get a car with the same level of performance that my $90k msrp z06 gives you. Is the interior as nice as a Porsche GT2 RS? Of course not. But its not half a million dollars either.
Damn, my Caddy only gets 18.5 mpg average but my right foot is mostly to blame. I’d like 25 mpg freeway mileage. Suppose that’ll ever be possible with that much HP?
Some people on the corvette forum claim that with a base stingray but I don’t see it happening with a c7 z06 or zr1
You can get good mileage with a wide ratio trans. That's why you're seeing 10+ speed transmissions, with like 3 overdrives.
I get about 20+/- in my normal daily commute. I could have a more economical car, but I like big, comfortable and fast.

You can get good mileage with a wide ratio trans. That's why you're seeing 10+ speed transmissions, with like 3 overdrives.
I get about 20+/- in my normal daily commute. I could have a more economical car, but I like big, comfortable and fast.

Mine has a six speed but I don’t know what the rear end ratio is. Despite the supercharger and the two ton weight of the car I’m still surprised that such a tiny motor, 268ci, just 4.4L, gets such poor mileage. Revs at freeway speeds are similar (low) to my same year NA Corvette but is was a thousand pounds lighter and more aerodynamic and got 22-25 mpg no matter how hard I drove it. Under 20 is the best the Caddy gets.

Mine has a six speed but I don’t know what the rear end ratio is. Despite the supercharger and the two ton weight of the car I’m still surprised that such a tiny motor, 268ci, just 4.4L, gets such poor mileage. Revs at freeway speeds are similar (low) to my same year NA Corvette but is was a thousand pounds lighter and more aerodynamic and got 22-25 mpg no matter how hard I drove it. Under 20 is the best the Caddy gets.
It's because it's a little motor. It's working harder to propel the car. Your Vette motor was more efficient.

The way this thread went from what happened to the motorcycle community, to vets and caddy’s says it all.
I have to admit I am a lot less afraid of pushing my zo6 hard on public roads compared to the bike. I have had the cbr1krr for almost a month and I took it on the freeway a couple of times but even 80 feels so much faster on the bike compared to the car. Plus im always watching out for cars to pull out in front of me, gravel, spilled oil in corners, etc. My lifetime fuel economy on the car is 10 miles per gallon while the bike is consistently giving me around 34 miles per gallon so far with about 200 miles on it.

This would have definitely been death on a bike

Possibly. Or since the center of the car was untouched... that would be the width of a bike and would have passed the other vehicle without collision.
But the dialogue here... lmao unreal...
“This lady just got in his way!”
“So it’s a woman’s fault?”
“Na it’s this guys fault cuz he was speeding”

Friend of mine in a stretch Limo was on the Florida Turnpike aka state Rd 91, this was over a decade ago, was hit so hard by 2 trucks there was nothing left of the Limo even.

This would have definitely been death on a bike

Possibly. Or since the center of the car was untouched... that would be the width of a bike and would have passed the other vehicle without collision.
I'm pretty sure Bob knows this....I'm still waiting for the pictures of his recent dance with the reaper.

We all have a need for speed. And while I will be the first one to say you should only speed on the track but lets be honest. We ALL do it here and there on public roads and sometimes the results are disastrous when you crash around the texters, instagrammers and snapchatters.

We all have a need for speed. And while I will be the first one to say you should only speed on the track but lets be honest. We ALL do it here and there on public roads and sometimes the results are disastrous when you crash around the texters, instagrammers and snapchatters.
To be fair, there were plenty of disastrous results long before the distracted twats of today. Agreed they make it worse, but it's not entirely their fault.

it Definitely isn’t there fault. It’s all this media , dumbass politicians other crap not that I don’t like all the technology but it ruins all the cool s@&$ In life that they’re figure out for themselves. They just don’t know any better It’s really not even about bikes And cars it’s all the life experiences in between your sport to figure out yourself . And then again they’re a lot of sickos out there too. U definitely gotta keep an eye on them love support them and guide them through tough times but I don’t think they should be sheltered so much it’s just makes u more vulnerable I yelled at my gf 20 yr old son a week ago for being lazy and disrespecting his mom I thought he was gonna cry. I told him go listen to another gangsta rap cd lmao Doesn’t know how to handle situations that are part of everyday life he just sits around all day and gets stoned and sponges off his mom they don’t want nothing that’s another problem they have no drive and balls to go out work hard for what they want and it’s not just him it’s a good percentage of them. And don’t get me wrong I love the kid to death but he scared of everything no confidence just sits in basement and gets high thats it and hide from the world cause something might go wrong.

Ok I’ll play nice and won’t post a funny meme about 18yr olds, but I agree the times have changed. Hell I just try getting my 12 ye old to get off video games and do something. Had him bagging leaves the other day and all he did was bitch saying it hurts him to bend over and pick up leaves....wtf. Horrified him when I threw a dead squirrel at his feet and told him to skin and clean it for supper. He wouldn’t even come down for supper that night.

#ChillyCookOff ~ #ComeDownForSupper ~ #RoadKill ~ #THEoRg *

Back