How much motorcycling experience before buying the Busa?

I had my 2000 gsxr-600 for six months then wrecked it hurt my self real bad and didnt ride for 2yrs and bought the Busa on the exact time and date that i almost killed my self on my 600. I also had some experience in the dirt.:laugh:

Started riding dirt in 1983. Bought and assembled my first street bike in 1986. I have been riding most of the time since, minus a few breaks for a year or two. I got my first Busa new in 2004. I crashed that bike in 2005. Took a few months off to recover, then I was back looking for a new bike. Bought a 2007 Yamaha FJR. Very nice bike, but too damn heavy (632lbs dry). Got my 08 Busa on Halloween 07.

I had a Gemini mini trail 80cc when I was 10, in 1970. 82 bought a Kaw KZ750, 86 bought a Kaw Ninja 1000R, 05 bought a 04LE Busa, lady turned left in front of me totalled it. 08 bought a 08 Org/Blk Busa.

Started riding when I was 4 on a Rupp mini-bike.Then probably 6 or 8 dirt machines,a dozen or more ATVs.Street machines included the GS650,GS1100,Katana 750.Then the busa.You could say I like my powersports-so much that I own my own bike shop!
Mike

Started 22 years ago on a fzr600 went to a cbr 900rr after about 5 years bought a 2003 busa 2 years ago and now own a 2008 busa. Im 40 and this is one of the best bikes ever. The only bike i want now when the busa is paid off is a duc 1098s.

I started out on a 50cc Honda Cub at 12y/o. Rode borrwed bikes from time-to-time, then bought my first bike: 1969 Suzuki Titan 500 2stroke. Since then I've owned about 30. I currently own & ride 6 bikes. 61y/o now and plan to ride another 20 yrs.

Four years on a suzuki 1400 intruder. The only dirt I been in was on my hands and knees playing with matchbox cars. Got tired of watching sportbikes power by me like I was sitting still. Had to get some payback,08 busa black/blue gold rims.

all started when I was 10 on a kaw 75 trailbike then moved up to bigger dirt bikes. As a teen rode a rebel for awhile then a nighthawk but my first sportbike was a katana

You are 61 and you ride a busa? Wow. At 25 i thought im a Older sportbiker considering the fact that here mostly teens and guys in their early 20s have em. Apparently not.

I think the average age around here is 40ish ...

You are 61 and you ride a busa? Wow. At 25 i thought im a Older sportbiker considering the fact that here mostly teens and guys in their early 20s have em. Apparently not.
Raydog is just a pup...................try 64 on for size! A lot of this age thing is purely mental and if you feel young and are in good physical shape, I say go for it. I know of two guys in Washington State that are over 70 and still throwing a leg over their beloved busas.
Anyway, I started out on a brand new GS-1000EX back in 1978 and haven't had the time nor the inclination to look back since!

Last edited:
It's another old man, I'm 55 and started out with a Honda 50 when I was 15, then after whats seems to be about a year I got myself a Honda 450.
After high school and i had some income I went out and bought a Suzuki GSX1100E I forget what year bike it was seem that it was the year before the Katana came out.
I was hit on the highway from behind in stop and traffic, just a few owies. My 1100 was totaled, looked like some one peeled the back end like a banana..seat went up, swingarm was pushed down.
After that I was thrown off the horse so to speek, and didn't get back on till about 6 - 7years ago. I though being an older dude I was suppose to be part of the harley crowd. I bought a 04 Harley Fatboy. It was ok I guess but I never really enjoyed the bike.
After some soul searching I started looking around for another bike.
I ended up finding this board and so many dedicated owners that to me, truely identified the joy of riding.
And thats how I became a Hayabusa owner, I have an 08 and never regret the choice.

Riding since 1976, 6th grade, My first bike was a 1976 Kawasaki KD100 dirtbike

started on a cr80 when I was 13. 3 dirtbikes, and 3 streetbikes later I bought an '07 busa. soo 14yrs altogether. Still my favorite purchase I ever made.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back