How much experience do you REALLY need for a BUSA?

You really don't need experience on motorcycles to own a Busa safely. You need: (experience in life/maturity/common sense/a reason to live). Lots of guys like to brag about how huge and powerful a busa is. The point is you can kill yourself on a moped if you act like an idoit.
Hope I helped, get the bike you want.

If you can control yourself you can control a Busa, regardless of low riding time.

But that's not as easy as you might think.
tounge.gif

You sound like you have a head on your shoulders and that's really one of the most important aspects of riding. I'd agree with most in that I think you'll be fine. Below the 5k mark, the Busa is pretty tame. Just take your time and get used to the bike for a while...that goes for ANYONE looking to ride a Busa for the first time. I've been riding for ten years and it took me a little to get used to the bike overall...and that freakin power....:O
Good luck!

I've read the post "Thinking about a Hayabusa as a first bike?" and there's a lot of useful information there. I know can understand the bike is super powerful and way more power than most people would ever use (including myself).

But I'm looking at a getting a BUSA. I'm 34 years old, Have about 2 years riding experience on 400cc cruisers and have also ridden a Buell Thunderbolt. My question is, will the Busa be way too much for me to handle. I've read many posts saying they're not for beginners. I don't consider myself a veteran but I am very comfortable on motorcycles and the main reason I'm looking would be a great sport tourer to fit my build (6'3 - 280lbs).

Am I what you'd consider a beginner or do I need to have more experience?
you'll be fine. if you're responsible, no problem w/ the busa. if you're not responsible, even a scooter will be a problem.

I agree with these guys, the busa not only demands experience, but also emotional maturity. I have been riding since I was 9 and at 48, have just now gained enough emotional responsibility to own a busa (ok, maybe not), and I still get myself into trouble once in a while. Don't get me wrong, the bus is not hard to ride, hell, my 1000tls was way harder to ride. It's just that things happen at hyper-speed on this bike and you better be ready. On a busa, it's all about the right hand. If your brain can control your right hand, this is the best bike in the world....

Back