How much motorcycling experience before buying the Busa?

Started riding at age 60. Got 02 Busa 16 months ago. Am 65 now and ride every day. Also ride bycicle and rollerblade, walk 4 miles a day. Take care of yourself and don't stop doing what you enjoy.

59 years old (next month) 44 years riding, about 30 bikes before the Hayabusa. Think I'm gonna keep it. First bike that I've had that is better than I am, and I don't mind admitting it. We're really learning to love each other.............:bowdown:

Started in the dirt 400ex learned how to ride a little then went to the street on a 1999 TL1000 for about a year and a half then went out and got the 08 busa, so total riding time would be 3 to 3 1/2 years and loveing it.:beerchug:

I'm 41

First bike: new 89 Honda 250 sport(ish) bike @ 23yo Rode it about a year before I totalled it and woke up wondering WTF happened and where did that truck go?

Second bike: a new 91 Ninja ZX-6 and it's in the garage with a 54,000 miles and a blown head gasket. I used to top it out at 136mph, it's max top speed and wanted more more more!

Third bike: 2005 Hayabusa blue/silver (fastest color). Not wrecked yet (knocking on wood) and loving every minute of it. I was north of 175mph and God reached out and backed the accelerator off before I made a personal visit. This was in the Mojave just before I hit the doopty doos. The little hills where I got airborne going over 100. Had I been at 170+ I would've gone into orbit.

My feeling is if you are the type of person that likes to push everything to its limits right out of the gate regardless of experience, make sure you have some serious riding time on lesser machines under your belt before moving into the Busa. On the other hand, if you are content with just cruising for a while, the Busa is a very user friendly bike to ride and will certainly grow with you as you become a more experienced/aggressive rider.

First ride was a 1980 KZ100 dirtbike in the summer of 1980. :laugh:
First sportbike 1983 GPZ750 KAWASAKI still have it.
Owned at least 30 bikes and working on my third BUSA :beerchug:

28 years and still going!

Last edited:
Back