What do you do about the Harley dudes?

Adolf

Registered
I am usually extremely passive and don't pay attention even when I run into aggresive Harley riders, you know, the ones that think they're fast after doing a big bore and some pipes, the ones that take off from a stoplight pipes roaring, engine screaming... Does any of you has actually put some of those guys in their place? Is it even worth it to let them know that their bikes suck?

I've never ran in to a problems with Harley guys. Some might not wave back. But most are pretty cool. I have had a few die hards even compliment my bike. If they know anything about motorcycles they know what a busa is all about. Other wise they are just weekend warriors.

Those Harley dudes are pretty intimidating :whistle:

p1050418.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The only time I ever am around Harley riders here is out on the backroads.
If I meet them I wave, either they wave back or they don't, makes no real difference to me.
If I come up behind them they pull over to the right of the lane or they don't, either way I pass them, makes no real difference to me.

Funny you brought this up, I just did it about 3 hrs ago, I was out riding, minding my own business doing about 65 down a 60 mph road when a harley came up beside me and gave me the roar, I let him pass me, then caught back up, He roared again and took off, I met up with him at the next light, pulled up beside him and asked if he wanted to see what he could do againt the fasted bike made, He laughed and gave me another roar, I gave him a roar right back, When the light turned green he took off with all his might, Once I realized he wanted to see what he could do, I jumped on it and went around him like all hell had broke loose, Took it up to 160 and when I couldnt see him in the rear veiw mirror I slowed down, let him catch up, as he passed me he gave me nod as I was taking the next exit. LESSON LEARNED... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

000_1549.jpg

I actually like them less and less as time goes on- below are my reasons:

1. I have always tried waving to them since day one that I started riding, and about 40 percent wave.

2. a friend wanted and wanted and wanted to get a bike- I told him when he got one I'd be happy to ride with him.. he bought a Hardley, rode with me 1 time, and now only rides with Hardley people. And that's the only thing he'll talk about is Hardley crap. The funny thing is, before he even bought the bike, he told me about an uncle he had who bought one BRAND NEW FROM THE DEALER, and on the trip home FROM THE DEALER, the bike broke down... now here he is riding one, and a Sportster at that. Whoopie.

The only thing I can say that I've noticed about Hardley riders that I wish would happen with sport bike riders is, all the ones I see ride moderately sane and stay in formation- no man left behind. I can't say that for the sport bike riders I've ridden with unfortunately. Other than that, I just don't get the HD way- are you that dam insecure about yourself and your life, that you have to go and buy a 20K bike and hang out with others just as insecure as you and are doing the same thing? Blows my mind.

I've tried to understand them.. honest. I just don't ever foresee myself owning one.

BF

Last edited:
I've never ran in to a problems with Harley guys. Some might not wave back. But most are pretty cool. I have had a few die hards even compliment my bike. If they know anything about motorcycles they know what a busa is all about. Other wise they are just weekend warriors.

+1, As for the stoplight thing, dont bother wasting your gas or just stay right next to them as they scream though 1st & 2nd, them hammer yours still in 1st then grab 2nd so hard it blows the tire off, smoking it sideways as you leave them. This works best when theres about 6 of them riding in a group. At the next light they usally wave like church ladies as you let them cruise by :laugh:

Most Harley riders know that a Busa would smoke em, actually pretty much and pocket rocket type would. Thats why they all say well we just cruise to enjoy the road, not to go fast and what not. But in contrast, what are they all doing, upgrading to screaming Eagle performance parts, big bores etc.. but just cruising..... Majority of HD riders are cool fellows although!

well okay, i admit it , i love harleys too. i really do. fekking awesome, maybe the basis of all bikers (well choppers anyway). but well you know, there's a limit to how much a man can take:rofl:. i mean what about a frigging 600lbs special, built by paulie wos name,. off to bed now.

I do ride with 2 harleys 2 Honda VTXs a Honda Shadow and a CBR 600, All of which have Challeneged me 1 time and 1 time only, They know I know.

AND I LIKE IT... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

When the Harley Night train tried, He stopped at the next light looked at me and said HOLY SH*T DUDE, This was the first time I had ever jumped on her, I looked at him and said I KNOW.

like someone else said earlier if they know anything about bikes they usually just look at the kanji and nod

I've been waved at alot by these fools. Usually just with their middle finger though.

I have 1 friend with a Hardley and 1 with a Big Dog chopper. The rest can go to ABATE and tea bag each other for all I give a sh!t.

harley.jpg

I've been waved at alot by these fools. Usually just with their middle finger though.

I have 1 friend with a Hardley and 1 with a Big Dog chopper. The rest can go to ABATE and tea bag each other for all I give a sh!t.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::lol:

I "don't" think about Harley-men....what are you doin' thinking about Harley-men ????.......if I think about anything I think about some of the Harley-ladies....ooooohhhh YUMMAY !!!! :oldcool:

Funny you brought this up, I just did it about 3 hrs ago, I was out riding, minding my own business doing about 65 down a 60 mph road when a harley came up beside me and gave me the roar, I let him pass me, then caught back up, He roared again and took off, I met up with him at the next light, pulled up beside him and asked if he wanted to see what he could do againt the fasted bike made, He laughed and gave me another roar, I gave him a roar right back, When the light turned green he took off with all his might, Once I realized he wanted to see what he could do, I jumped on it and went around him like all hell had broke loose, Took it up to 160 and when I couldnt see him in the rear veiw mirror I slowed down, let him catch up, as he passed me he gave me nod as I was taking the next exit. LESSON LEARNED... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

been there, done that :thumbsup:

You can put them in their place, but that accomplishes nothing. Telling them their bikes suck? No. That would be just plain ignorant.

You can play with them, and that's always fun :laugh:

I just love having one of the newbie riders tell me all about torque and horsepower, and how fast their bike is. It's like listening to a fairy tale...One with a bad ending! When a Harley-tard starts talking trash, just pity them.

Any H-D rider who has any real miles under their belt, and common sense, is probably aware of what a 'Busa is, and what it can do. Those are the guys that you can actually have an intelligent conversation about motorcycles with.

Back