What do you do about the Harley dudes?

Had to laugh yesterday. This Harley dude comes up alongside me. What a sight ! He was wearing a leather vest, a little eggshell helmet with long hair streaming behind and his legs stretched way out in front. The Harley had straight pipes, a huge rear tire and orange/yellow flames everywhere. And then the dude tries to pass me...WTF...the nerve of that guy. Couldnt let him pass me as the sound coming out of those pipes would have deafened me !???

Had to laugh yesterday. This Harley dude comes up alongside me. What a sight ! He was wearing a leather vest, a little eggshell helmet with long hair streaming behind and his legs stretched way out in front. The Harley had straight pipes, a huge rear tire and orange/yellow flames everywhere. And then the dude tries to pass me...WTF...the nerve of that guy. Couldnt let him pass me as the sound coming out of those pipes would have deafened me !???

:rofl:

I had a five hour ride on Thursday and I decided to test the no wave theory. I waved at EVERY bike that went by (at least everyone that I saw) and most of them were cruisers, the majority were HD's. I got waves back from almost everyone. A few hardcore HD boys, but I guess that I should retract my previous statement. A lot of the posts are right. I just love to ride, a Busa isn't for everyone (should be! but it's not) If you are on two wheels and you aren't an @$$hole, I'll show the proper respect. Just don't try to pass me!

Ahh, I wave at most everyone, no matter what they're riding, including the scooter riders. I get return waves from most but there's no rhyme or reason to the ones that won't return them.

I don't have any problems with the Harley guys but maybe it's because I've been one of them. I sold my Harley years ago and bought the Busa. When I had my mid-life crisis I decided I wanted to play differently. I'm sure I'll wind up with another Harley, but for now I'm having fun playing on the Busa.

I will wave at anyone that is riding...funny how it is one crowd in particular that doesn't wave back very much :moon:

Black Rain
He was on a sporster 1200 racing a Katana 1100.
The bad guy also rode a GSXR750.

I had an 1100 Katana way back when and there's no way a Sportster would have whupped up on that bike.

I still remember laughing at the movie!

--Wag--

Here in Oz when you travel down the road and see a Harley Dangerous you
wouldn't wave or acknowledge them , they seem to be middle age pot bellied business men or women on a somewhat overstated power trip .
WHY? .???
still having said that Harleys are nice to look at no matter what person is riding it . it's the person who makes the bike not the bike that make the person ,
In a world full of CAR drivers hellbent on killing bike riders I suppose
we can put up with a little snobbery on occasions.:thumbsup:

'round here all bikers are realy cool guys. The only time someone doesnt wave is usually because he didnt notice you. Or you are on a motor scooter lol. I work at a BBQ shop, and we have bike night wednessdays. Mostly harley guys. My boss rides a yamaha strataliner (not a harley, but still the chopper/cruiser type). When I first got my bike and had it at work on bike night, all the harley guys (mostly in their 50's, some 60's) were all oggling it. They all wanted to sit on it, and most said it is an amazing bike, even though some know nothing about it. They mostly say that if they had the knees that they did when they were my age, they would buy one. Most the riders around here are pretty intelligent and know what they are talking about (except the beamer riders... cant stand the beamer fan-boys) and will admit what a Busa is and what it can do, no ego getting in the way. One night, I was riding home from a pretty sketchy place, and pulled over to change the air vents on my helmet, and a harley guy who i had never even met pulled over and asked if i needed help with anything. I said no but thanks and he went on. i caught up with him down the road, and he pulled over to let me pass, and we rode for a while, and waved when we got to my exit.

Sorry for the long post, but basically what I'm saying is that around here, harley guys aren't bobos, but are actually pretty cool

Good apples and bad apples. They're in every crowd. Live and enjoy the ride. That's what counts.

Some wave. Some don't. Who cares? If you return home at the end of the day safe you've had a great day.

I generally ignore them why bother they are ****wits that need a loud exhaust to make tehm think they are men HA HAHA .... although occasionally when I come across a total wanker who actually tries to intimidate me I usually just wheelie past them giving teh finger - that normally makes them just go to a crawl lol no balls

I ride all the time with Harley and Victory guys as part of a group. The only thing they ever say to me is to slow down, because their bikes can't keep up that kind of RPM. It's the guys without a bike at all that seem to have the biggest, baddest attitude. I was having lunch at Hooters during a group ride (where else). This guy at another table sees all the helmets, and gear and asks, "You guys all riding hogs...?" Some people smiled, some ignored him, and I said, "No, I'm riding a Suzuki." He says, "Oh, rice-grinder huh." To which I asked, "What kind of bike do you have..?" He replied, "I had to sell my Harley." And I said, "Oh, I'm sorry, so I guess all you've got now is your mouth."

I've never ran in to a problems with Harley guys. Some might not wave back. But most are pretty cool. I have had a few die hards even compliment my bike. If they know anything about motorcycles they know what a busa is all about. Other wise they are just weekend warriors.

Ditto. It annoys me a bit though when they say they are ridding the finest motorcycle around. Those guys at Harley are marketing geniouses !

Good apples and bad apples. They're in every crowd. Live and enjoy the ride. That's what counts.

Some wave. Some don't. Who cares? If you return home at the end of the day safe you've had a great day.

Bingo.

There are just as many ignorant sportbikers as there are ignorant HD riders.. as this thread painfully points out.

Bottom line is if you are on two wheels, I'm gonna wave at ya. I don't care what you ride or why you ride....it's all cool with me.

It is just so funny to me how factions of both sides like to make fun of the other.... Keep in mind, there are lots of different riding styles, just because you are a sportbiker, a cruiser, or an off-roader doesn't make you better... I've got a half dozen or more friends that own both Harleys AND a Busa..or a sportbike of some kind.

Last thing.. Out of all the riders I know that put on serious miles, only one does NOT ride a Harley. So don't fool yourself into thinking that they are all posers... Many of the people on this board would look like posers in comparison.

Lets try to broaden our horizons a little huh?? We're all riders. Perpetuating the hate does nothing good....

I may wave at people here and there, but I refuse to wave at the no tag having scooter crowd. (Not to be confused with the bigger scooters like the Burgmans and such) My thought's are if they're on the road, they need all the required stuff as us licensed cycle riders. That's mainly how all the Illegal's get around here.

I'm sure on a Harley board somewhere they are asking questions about sportbikes and how they are all squids endangering other peoples lives and crashing all the time. Or on a Kawi board they are talking about Busa riders.

To each their own. When I see a Harley rider, I wave. Some wave back. Some guys on sport bikes waved, some do not. Some Harley riders have a bad attitude, well, I'll tell you some sport riders have a bad attitude as well.

I will say HD is a lifestyle. I don't subscribe to this 'group think' mentality, so if I ever get a HD, I'll probably be selective about who I ride with. I don't think I need a bandanna and leather jacket just because I own a certain type of bike.

We're all individuals. Some are a$$es, some are cool, some are in-between.

The pic. We were all going to the same charity ride, but I did not park next to them. One lady came over and started speaking to my son (you can see them in the picture). She was very nice and complimented me on the fact that he was riding along.

To her, it didn't matter the ride. To me, it didn't either. Ride on.

I park right in the middle of them, no one has the balls to say anything except..."how fast have you had that thing" I own an Electraglide Classic and yes it pisses me off that I cant break 100 without a tail wind however...it sure sounds sweet and is comfortable to ride. I have also noticed that most Harley owners have bad attitudes and having to deal with them at for instance, the Dragon, is very difficult to say the least. Many board members can attest to my patience with the MF'n lane crossers but then I have to remember that I am probably a much more experienced rider and I need to just deal with it. BUT IM NOT HAPPY ABOUT IT!

Back