What do you do about the Harley dudes?

Going to work one morning (still dark) I had a Harley pass me in my lane! Scared the crap out of me. I waited until we got out of town and blew by him at 160. The next few days when I would see him he was just all nice and slow. :moon:

I've got a buddy that I used to ride with before I bought the Busa. He had an 80-something Honda 450 and I had a Bandit 1200s that he always coveted. When I bought my '06 I asked the dealer what the trade-in on the Bandit was then told my buddy I would sell it to him for that amount. The deal was done and he and I would ride together from time to time, both of us were pretty adament about wearing all the gear.

A few months a go he comes pulling up my driveway on a 105th anniversary Super Glide. I looked at the bike and complimented him on his new ride and asked where his gear was, he just smiled. We made plans to ride a few days later and we met up at his house this time. I'm all geared up and he walks out in jeans, t-shirt, tennis shoes and some shades. I asked him if being cool was now more important than being safe and he just smiled and got on his bike. That was the last time we rode together.

I have to admit that I do like the rumble that a stock Harley makes running down the highway but then I like the old big block muscle cars and they sound they make too. I don't think I will ever buy a HD because I think the metric bikes offer better qaulity and dependibility for the $$$.

Besides, his bike is fugly. And we all know that Busas are the true sexy b!tches of the road.

I ride with several Harley and Cruiser riders.

Good thing about Harley riders is that they are generous to a fault.

Oh, wait. Hayabusa.org riders are too! :D

Most of the benefit rides in this area are organized and attended almost exclusively by Harley riders. Good deal.

When I'm with my Harley friends, they know that if we go into the canyons, I'm going to blast out ahead and go play. They know I'll always wait for them at the other end. When we're on the flat slab highways, I ride in the back or the middle just to keep myself from out distancing them too much.

Went out riding with the local Harley girls last week. They're going to adopt me! :D

See if this Linky Thingy works.

There have been a couple of times in the last year that I've had the opportunity to ride a couple of Harleys. First off, they ARE slow. No real power or torque. They are SMALL. Not a lot of leg room or arm room. I felt cramped on both bikes. Sorry, I don't remember which version they were. Both of them, however, had decent handling. EXCEPT for dragging hard parts, I was pretty much able to corner just as well with the Harleys as I was with the Busa. Assuming the same speed, they handle well enough. Had to downshift to get the control I needed but other than that, no problem.

What was funny, however, was that I rode in FULL gear. All my Suzuki branded sport rider gear, full-face helmet, Sidi boots, etc. I'm sure people were wondering, "What the hell?" I still laugh at the thought of it! I just won't ride without the gear, though.

I noticed that the sport bike riders would not wave back at me. Go figure. :D

To me, a bike is just a bike. If you want to travel at the speed of a low-flying plane, the Harley won't do it. Ain't gonna happen. You need a top-end super sport bike.

I don't know if you remember, but there was a Michael Douglas movie out several years ago where he uses a Harley to race a sport bike and wins. HA!! Strange.

To each his own. Some people are Catholic, others are Baptist, others Buddhist. Some people ride Busas and Gixxers, other people ride Goldwings, M109's and Runes. Other people ride Harleys, Shadows and Vulcans. Wherever people get their spirits into high gear is fine with me. All are deserving of some degree of respect, heart and love.

--Wag--

Last edited:
What do I do about the Harleys?

Comin' at me, I wave. When I come upon them, I go around.

Life's too short.

I have had a couple of run ins with HD's & I try not to provoke them knowing that most can't keep up with the Busa. Now saying that , I have " Checked " a couple of HD's that were persistent on getting their A** Smoked !! :laugh:

The difference with me is that I have owned a Harley & know the difference between Cruising & Speed !!

000_0053.jpg

i DRIVE WITH A GROUP OF MIXED BIKES.. FROM GOLDWINGS TO HARLEY TO SPORT BIKES..
one time i was at a stop light on the sea side and they were around 7.. i was one sport bike.. so everyone was revving up trying to show mucsle.. and luaghing at the sound of my bike.. SOO... i waited till it turned grean.. and fed them some gravel.. the next light they stopped revving and became so quite :whistle::laugh:

I went looking for a bedroom set for my son. Talked to the salesman and he asked what bike I ride. I told him and he told me he has a friend that has a bigbore 130+ ci Hogg. He said his friend likes to race sportbikes and wins. :whistle:

I don't think i could ever race one they are pretty scary to me. I got next to one today and the motor was shaking so hard i thought it was going to fall on the floor right there at the light.... Ok the motor shakes like the world is going to end, must be because of the rubber motor mounts i saw .. but the rest of the bike is still shaking apart like it was trying to renter the atmosphere at a bad angle.. so wth is that.:laugh:

One of my favorite pastimes when riding is to humilate the hell out of a newbe Harley rider. You know, the "Rebel without a clue" who thinks his V-rod has a chance in a roll-on. I get those every now and then because 9 out of every 10 bikes here in the midwest is a Harley. Most of them know better, but it sure is funny when they don't. :rofl:

I went looking for a bedroom set for my son. Talked to the salesman and he asked what bike I ride. I told him and he told me he has a friend that has a bigbore 130+ ci Hogg. He said his friend likes to race sportbikes and wins. :whistle:

Did he mention is was the 50cc Bikes

I have BOTH. Two different bikes - two different styles of riding. I wave at both, but I do notice more riders wave back when I'm on my HD than when I'm on my Busa. I ride my 2004 Custom Duece when I want to go for a cruise around town. When I want to ride to work and have to mix it up in traffic, it's all about the busa.

:poke:
1208071123.jpg

I work with 4 guys that ride harleys, one that rides a bmw k1200, and one that rides a yami warror. All give respect to the busa. We're just a bunch of motorcycle lovers. One of the harley riders actually use to own a busa. He now owns a soft tail and a vrod.

my favorite favorite thing to do is when they are tellin me how fast their bike is i just say with a big smile oh im just shifting into second at what you top out at. i saw a tshirt somewhere why do you need 6 gears when you can break all speed limits in first. i want that shirt so if someone can tell me where to find it that would be great :thumbsup:

I'm sure on a Harley board somewhere they are asking questions about sportbikes and how they are all squids endangering other peoples lives and crashing all the time. Or on a Kawi board they are talking about Busa riders.

To each their own. When I see a Harley rider, I wave. Some wave back. Some guys on sport bikes waved, some do not. Some Harley riders have a bad attitude, well, I'll tell you some sport riders have a bad attitude as well.

I will say HD is a lifestyle. I don't subscribe to this 'group think' mentality, so if I ever get a HD, I'll probably be selective about who I ride with. I don't think I need a bandanna and leather jacket just because I own a certain type of bike.

We're all individuals. Some are a$$es, some are cool, some are in-between.

The pic. We were all going to the same charity ride, but I did not park next to them. One lady came over and started speaking to my son (you can see them in the picture). She was very nice and complimented me on the fact that he was riding along.

To her, it didn't matter the ride. To me, it didn't either. Ride on.

IMG_0991.jpg

Back