What did you do to your other vehicle

I changed the oil and filter and front and rear brake fluids on my newly acquired DL650A V-Strom yesterday.
Also cleaned and oiled the K&N air filter.
Today I’m wiring in a USB charger/volt meter and also fitting radar detector hard wiring.
Next weekend I’ll change the coolant and fork oil, check valve clearances.
Spark plugs are iridium and in great condition, no need to change them!

8B4CB89C-B192-436E-BB86-FC1C08430394.jpeg

K&N was actually quite clean, washed and oiled it anyway….
32406DC6-43BC-4E82-B081-0629797880E3.jpeg

177B96FC-AD2D-44AC-8C9B-463827B48325.jpeg

5457DF29-C1A7-4AF7-AD0F-00285C571AFC.jpeg

0510E47E-B51D-475A-AB94-7C32DC35EFD8.jpeg

Last edited:
New tires ,brake pads fitted all fluids changed. Ready for European trip. I'll be visiting a friend who's a designer for Lamborghini in Italy. Leaving Scotland in 9 days down through England and drive onto the train for France ,ride down to Monaco then to Bologne Italy.Plan to Return through Austria,Lichtenstein
Switzerland,Germany,Luxembourg Belgium and Holland to get ferry back to UK. Nice wee run

IMG_1381.JPG

New tires ,brake pads fitted all fluids changed. Ready for European trip. I'll be visiting a friend who's a designer for Lamborghini in Italy. Leaving Scotland in 9 days down through England and drive onto the train for France ,ride down to Monaco then to Bologne Italy.Plan to Return through Austria,Lichtenstein
Switzerland,Germany,Luxembourg Belgium and Holland to get ferry back to UK. Nice wee run

View attachment 1654380
That sounds like an amazing trip ahead of you . . the costs of going thru those countries must be thru the roof, great looking bike you have there too!

Had to fix a tire on the Ram...I went to go out and the TPMS said I had a low rear driver side tire...when I looked, I saw an object in the tire..

So I yanked it off, pulled out this odd looking bolt and plugged it....took me around 15 minutes or so....

Oddly enough about 2 weeks ago I took a drywall screw out of the passenger side rear tire...and plugged it as well....

Lots of construction going on around here these days and lots of open trailers piled up with junk in them running all over the place

Well I bought oil and a filter for the truck. Man is that getting expensive. 68 bucks for 7 wyd and a filter…….sheesh

For the bike I ordered new rebuild kit and upgraded springs. Suzuki is not the only one who thinks riders should weigh 150lbs.

Well I bought oil and a filter for the truck. Man is that getting expensive. 68 bucks for 7 wyd and a filter…….sheesh

For the bike I ordered new rebuild kit and upgraded springs. Suzuki is not the only one who thinks riders should weigh 150lbs.
Had to do an oil change on my buddies mom's van today and she wanted to tell me she needed full synthetic oil and the best stuff in her van instead of letting the mechanic do what he does. So I grabbed a 5 quart jug of mobil 1 and with the filter it was almost 55 bucks SMH. Funny thing is with the mobil 1 full synthetic the motor actually developed a slight lifter tick almost immediately. When I used the Motorcraft synthetic blend on the last oil change (which is about the only oem oil I stand behind since I've seen how good it is if its all you use from new ) it made it just under 5k between the oil changes and not a sound from the motor. I'm sure I'm gonna regret it since she's a real picky older lady and if she turns the radio down enough to hear it I'll be very a call with a million questions but sometimes they need to be taught that expensive isn't always the best and sometimes the mechanic actually does know what's best.

I went to take the Cadi to get lunch today and when I tried to start it, lost all power except for interior lights. No dash, no radio, nothing except door and dome lights. Checked all the relays and fuses, all were fine. Not even sure where to begin on troubleshooting this beyond what I have already done. Maybe I will get lucky enough it will just burn itself to the ground while I sleep tonight.

Picture because everything is better with a picture.

IMG_0130[1].JPG

Luckily got the Cadi fixed today. Where the positive battery terminal connects to the fuse panel was loose and melted the plastic around it. That plastic then made its way between the two metal connections and solidified causing it to not only feel tight, but also had a layer of insulation between the two contact points.

Cleaned it up, tightened down that cable until I felt like the damn bolt was going to break in half and we are good to go!

Now who wants to buy it? :lol:

I had a complaint that a passenger complained he was burning up in the rear. Driver said it seemed fine to her. I ignored the complaint.

Last week I had it in for routine lift servicing. I do that myself. They charge stupid $$ for squeaks and click lubing.

Giving it the once over after that. It was heat blowing out of the floor vents while on full A/C.

It was cold coming out above.

Hmmm.

Took me 2 days to rip out the interior side panels and found a broken blend door and a big vacuum leak. Got that all sorted out and put back together.

Man what a difference. Ice Cold Air and a better idle and shifting. Probably get better mileage too now.

Big PITA job though!

Now time to get out in the mud....and hope you don't have to use that winch...
I hope I’ll only be using it to pull these out of state visitors out of the sand. Lol! Last month a lady from NY decided to park her fancy rental BMW in and empty lot and didn’t make it half way through before the rear tires sunk in. After she did that, another person offered to help, put the car in drive and start turning the front wheels back and forth not realizing the car was RWD and made the situation worse. When I arrived and talked to the lady, one of her comments were “but it looked firm”. I explained that this is Florida and there is no “dirt” here and everything is sand. I bet that’s the dirtiest that car had ever been. :laugh:

I hope I’ll only be using it to pull these out of state visitors out of the sand. Lol! Last month a lady from NY decided to park her fancy rental BMW in and empty lot and didn’t make it half way through before the rear tires sunk in. After she did that, another person offered to help, put the car in drive and start turning the front wheels back and forth not realizing the car was RWD and made the situation worse. When I arrived and talked to the lady, one of her comments were “but it looked firm”. I explained that this is Florida and there is no “dirt” here and everything is sand. I bet that’s the dirtiest that car had ever been. :laugh:
Many of these new cars have nothing to attach to, the European cars have detachable pull points at least.

Be careful pulling anyone out as if you scratch or damage them in anyway, you are on the hook-good samaritans get sued all the time.

Back