What did you do to your other vehicle

I have a 2013 Ford suv 1997 Ford T-Bird do not use the bird in any salt or snow

BBDDB005-B79D-42EA-BFE3-D18EE2972DAA.jpeg

17CF5528-778A-489E-BD6C-C67167502117.jpeg

I changed oil on my 2018 Toyota Tundra last week. Boy I tell ya, it kind of sucks removing that heavy steel splash guard to get at the filter. I can fit under the truck without it being lifted but it's cramped.

The check engine light has been on for the last 800 miles. I got the codes read and there's ten of them! They all pertain to evaporative emissions. I think it's the gas cap not sealing. I noticed the light right after a fill. Then after the next fill, I noticed dirt had collected on a drip mark under the door to the gas cap. Can't be certain but I think I had this happen when I got the truck 4 years ago. I ran a few weeks and the light went out. I'll be taking the truck in soon though. There's a recall on the gearbox, fuel pump and rear camera.

Chicken is from La was my dads with only 62000 miles on her.
A neighbor I had many years ago had an SC T-Bird;....it was black on black...he babied that thing but sadly lost it in his first divorce...he wife took it and he saw it a few months later being driven by her boyfriend (same one she had and the reason he divorced her).

He was NOT a happy camper...

I changed oil on my 2018 Toyota Tundra last week. Boy I tell ya, it kind of sucks removing that heavy steel splash guard to get at the filter. I can fit under the truck without it being lifted but it's cramped.

The check engine light has been on for the last 800 miles. I got the codes read and there's ten of them! They all pertain to evaporative emissions. I think it's the gas cap not sealing. I noticed the light right after a fill. Then after the next fill, I noticed dirt had collected on a drip mark under the door to the gas cap. Can't be certain but I think I had this happen when I got the truck 4 years ago. I ran a few weeks and the light went out. I'll be taking the truck in soon though. There's a recall on the gearbox, fuel pump and rear camera.

My daughter‘s Ford SUV had a check engine light come on and it was the EVAP purge valve. Took just a couple minutes to replace. She didn't drive it 800 miles first though…

My daughter‘s Ford SUV had a check engine light come on and it was the EVAP purge valve. Took just a couple minutes to replace. She didn't drive it 800 miles first though…
Unfortunately, there's no Toyota dealership close to me and I've had to travel far and wide for job interviews a few times. Matter of fact, that was when I first noticed the light on, after a fill on my way back from a job interview. The dealership where I bought the truck is back in my hometown 130 miles away. I have an appointment there in two days. It's doubtful I could have avoided this since I never try to fill past the point where the gas pump clicks off. Maybe the gas pump nozzles are too short for my truck.

Unfortunately, there's no Toyota dealership close to me and I've had to travel far and wide for job interviews a few times. Matter of fact, that was when I first noticed the light on, after a fill on my way back from a job interview. The dealership where I bought the truck is back in my hometown 130 miles away. I have an appointment there in two days. It's doubtful I could have avoided this since I never try to fill past the point where the gas pump clicks off. Maybe the gas pump nozzles are too short for my truck.
I know a guy who's had a check engine light on for 5 yrs and his car starts and runs fine...

I know another who has so many dash lights on he put black tape over them...(ABS, check engine and a couple others).

I on the other hand had a check engine light on and it turned out to be a fuel pump sensor... (which needed the whole fuel pump to be replaced).

She didn’t deal with any dealer. After getting the code read at an Autozone store she bought the EVAP valve there and watched a YouTube video on how to replace it. Presto, no more check engine light. What would a short pump nozzle have to do with anything? Aren’t they all the same length? You should see the monster pump handles we have to deal with here.

I know a guy who's had a check engine light on for 5 yrs and his car starts and runs fine...
Yeah mine's fine too but cruise control doesn't work when that light is on.

What would a short pump nozzle have to do with anything? Aren’t they all the same length?
I don't know. All I know is there's a vent hole for the fuel vapors in the filler neck. If fuel pump nozzles are too short, they would let the gas come up higher in the neck. Or maybe I didn't stick the nozzle in far enough. :laugh: No explanation how I filled that gas tank many times and one day, it got overfilled doing everything the same. Maybe the pump had a bad shutoff sensor.

Your daughter has good DIY skills. I went to Auto Zone too and all they offered as a possible solution was an $11 gas cap. It was a $41 thousand dollar truck so I won't mind spending a little money on it if necessary. Amazing thing is I could sell it for about $47 thousand right now.

We picked up a pair of "Tire Socks" for Momma's MINI as a way to get home if it started snowing while in town. The limited clearance on these cars does not permit tire chains. Did not have a chance to try them this season.

2557A9D0-9EBA-4EB6-B465-9B1A9ABDCCF6-M.jpg

We tried my first set of modern snow tires on the Swedish Snow Machine last winter. Wow. Very impressed.

FB0DC087-8F1E-4672-8AF3-5E6101A7CA48-M.jpg

B0B2C04C-DC06-4371-9B22-C60076F46CE6-M.jpg

Update on my 2018 Toyota Tundra: I had all five recalls done at the dealership for free. I thought I'd do them myself even if I had to pay for them but I know I don't have time or a good place to work in order to achieve that. They read the five codes all dealing with evaporative emissions and shut the check engine light off. The light came back 24 hours later. I guess I'll be checking with a Tundra forum for advice. I had to leave civilization to get back to my job hunt. No time to get the problem fixed. I think it might fix itself like it did a few years ago.

Update on my 2018 Toyota Tundra: I had all five recalls done at the dealership for free. I thought I'd do them myself even if I had to pay for them but I know I don't have time or a good place to work in order to achieve that. They read the five codes all dealing with evaporative emissions and shut the check engine light off. The light came back 24 hours later. I guess I'll be checking with a Tundra forum for advice. I had to leave civilization to get back to my job hunt. No time to get the problem fixed. I think it might fix itself like it did a few years ago.
I saw a new Tundra at the dealership the other day and they have sure changed the look...

Back