What did you do to your other vehicle

You’ve all done more than me. I cleaned my wheels :) Not sure the previous owner ever did. The rear wheel still needs more love. Have to get it up on a jack to clean more. Last pic was taken pre-rear when clean

DE001307-9A8E-4AFF-8113-1F0462263955.jpeg

DAE36FBD-7A21-4F61-BBAC-66CD8DEBA67B.jpeg

FBC19360-9BED-4E46-AA7D-FC92BA805BF3.jpeg

758ECEA8-DC76-4C6A-A83B-31751DB7F874.jpeg

Bought myself a project car a month or so ago. First one in 5 or so years. This makes car 36.
2010 xc90 V8.
Interesting thing is the engine is mounted east-west, rather than the normal nth-Sth.
Work in progress.
Car 36? That's a lot of cars....

For some reason I never got into cars/trucks....I do mod them a little while owning them but tend to own them for a long (er) time than most. The truck I had before this one I owned for 11 yrs and I've had this one for 6 so far with zero plans to replace it...

I kind of did the same thing with motorcycles only I never sold them so accumulated quite a few...it got to be a real hassle owning them all so I went down to just one....and I am glad I did that.

I had been mulling the idea lately of getting out of bikes and into a classic '50s or early '60s pick up truck-short bed, bubble fender sort of rig....or an early '60s Chev as I liked those alot as well...

Car 36? That's a lot of cars....

For some reason I never got into cars/trucks....I do mod them a little while owning them but tend to own them for a long (er) time than most. The truck I had before this one I owned for 11 yrs and I've had this one for 6 so far with zero plans to replace it...

I kind of did the same thing with motorcycles only I never sold them so accumulated quite a few...it got to be a real hassle owning them all so I went down to just one....and I am glad I did that.

I had been mulling the idea lately of getting out of bikes and into a classic '50s or early '60s pick up truck-short bed, bubble fender sort of rig....or an early '60s Chev as I liked those alot as well...

Booooooooooooooooo!!!!
That's a terrible idea, lol

Booooooooooooooooo!!!!
That's a terrible idea, lol
Maybe, maybe not....it's getting so it's hard to enjoy a bike like the Hayabusa anymore...

With all the cops and rough roads and crappy weather, I get to wonder how much longer I can ride this thing and not be frustrated by it.

Here in the province I live, they changed the street racing laws, if you get caught going 40kms/hr over the limit of 80 kms/hr or below or going 50kms/hr in a 110 kms/hr zone, you get your vehicle impounded, your license taken and then off to court where you can lose your license for a year and up to a $10k fine...

As we know these bikes accelerate very, very quickly and going over these speeds is a very gentle flick of the wrist.

That’s what I thought too and then got the nice OZ piega wheels anodized black and still same problem. I think @Bumblebee is right, the air flow Draws it to the wheels.

It does, but some of the fancy waxes and coatings do help.
And I know that for a fact!
Because I've seen it on wheels from people who actually clean their bikes!
Me? I have no idea, I hate cleaning motorcycles, lmao!
What?

Did someone actually say I was right about something...?

I better go write this down in my diary....

No, just a typo, it's the on-set of old age old man...you better go get that checked out

It does, but some of the fancy waxes and coatings do help.
And I know that for a fact!
Because I've seen it on wheels from people who actually clean their bikes!
Me? I have no idea, I hate cleaning motorcycles, lmao!

No, just a typo, it's the on-set of old age old man...you better go get that checked out
I just coated the busa with that turtle wax brand ceramic wax, so we’ll see how dirty the wheels get.

Back