So... what are your other hobbies besides slow bikes?

Slowstang305

Registered
Seeing what everyone else is into besides riding/wrenching on the rockets.

My #1 passion is actually watercraft and I spend as much time as possible riding the waverunner. I was big into performance but realized that its a chase that no one wins as there is always someone faster. Now I just ride for fun cruising around trying to isolate myself from people as much as possible.

My #2 is cars/trucks. I love modifying them to make each one as unique as possible. Life is too short to drive a boring car! Mainly Jeeps, Corvettes, and Mustangs. Although very different cars, all are a blast to drive and have their upsides.

Besides that, traveling and camping. I have camped in pretty much every national park in US/CA but not on the bike. The world is definitely beautiful and I hope to explore more of it. Drones are also pretty cool but I never get amazing shots like the captain. Maybe one day!

What about you guys?

:eek:

Cars/bikes - Now that I'm retired I don't have the cash to get the cool cars and new bikes but I am lucky for having a lot of them in the past.

I used to do a lot of off roading, ski, surf, but not many physical hobbies anymore except to keep in shape.

Ride ride ride. Did I mention ride? Lately waiting for better weather,helping folks with their cars n bikes and houses,etc,Meccano,Lego for adults,photography,framing pics,tiny mods and repairs/maintanance to the beast.Attempting a return to the gym.Trying to become a better cook on an' imposed o% fat diet. Like thats gonna happen. Shuuuush,don't tell my doctor...but I had hotdogs for lunch yesterday. :D Udder stuff...
RSD.

Meccano and Lego for adults.I dunno,the box reads "For children 8 and up".
This stuff is finky. If you got hands bigger than a 5 year old girl,yer in trouble.Bring yer dexterity,yer hand eye coordination,yer patience.Trains me up in all kinds of ways[brain injury,etc] You want pics? RSD.

Good question :) Currently building a house so I have spent the last 2 weeks gathering as much drywall / trim / doors etc together as possible. Just found out that works plan is to 'work from home' online, but also take your allocated holidays so you will get at least 2 weeks pay. Yes this doesn't add up but considering work has been 7+ days coming up with this lame solution I'm at the point of giving up right now......
Regarding the bike I still need to cut the factory exhaust and fit in the 'cat eliminator' pipe from eBay China so I'm letting this sit in the box as long as possible before opening it.
If the weather holds I have a Suzuki 4x4 that needs a new side case gasket so maybe a chance to knock this off the 'to do' list as well. This is an outside job as the 3 car garage I built is packed full of everything other than 3 cars.......
Riding shouldn't be an issue - just have to wait for a bit more snow to melt before I can saddle up - you guys stay safe out there and keep the website busy as it is definitely appreciated !!

Snow situation as of 2 & 1/2 weeks ago - better now as some rain has headed our way recently !

I have few hobbies these days, snowshoeing in the winter, riding the bike in the summer.

I get roped into gardening with and for the wife unit, I guess it's kind of a hobby.

I like to go shooting although shooting at paper targets is more than boring. I like working out, riding my mountain bike, lifting a few weights, using the heavy bag and spending time in the garage tinkering.

I used to build plastic models (bikes, war machines like tanks, APCs etc), used to read a lot mainly books by Louis L'Amour.

I like hanging with my grand daughters and having a good Nerf gun war from time to time...it can get intense and I find it funny finding the Nerf darts in crazy places days after the war.

im a terrible guitar player, love hate relationship with the instrument for 40 years, still cant play mary had a giant dildo. afx slot cars, was big into rc heli's, still have them both, and Lego, my son and i built lots of kits, still have a few in his room to build, maybe.

I live a fairly simple life... ride bikes and repair bikes in my spare time, walk my dogs twice a day, read a fair bit of non fiction, watch a lot of documentaries and biographies on the box, search the net on my pet subjects, play guitar and bass at home and with a few old timer friends I have, I’m always learning new songs and pieces of music to play, i go visit my kids and grandkids as often as I can, and that’s about it I guess.
Oh I also spend a bit of time immersed in this forum!

Writing.
Now that work has sent us home and we're all stuck in our house, wife, kids, all of us, finished a 20 page article on motorcycling Highway 1 yesterday. Now I spend the next week or so editing the text, then start building the webpage.
Sorted 1600 photos for this one.

147_4768.jpg

Writing.
Now that work has sent us home and we're all stuck in our house, wife, kids, all of us, finished a 20 page article on motorcycling Highway 1 yesterday. Now I spend the next week or so editing the text, then start building the webpage.
Sorted 1600 photos for this one.

View attachment 1615216

Looking forward to that. I’ve ridden and driven the coast hiway all the way to Neah Bay WA. in both directions. There are sections of the coastal hiway that are spectacular, both to just see and more so to enjoy on a motorcycle (or) a convertible. Even if it’s just the California coast a ride on hiway 1 and 101 should be on everyone’s bucket list.

Looking forward to that. I’ve ridden and driven the coast hiway all the way to Neah Bay WA. in both directions. There are sections of the coastal hiway that are spectacular, both to just see and more so to enjoy on a motorcycle (or) a convertible. Even if it’s just the California coast a ride on hiway 1 and 101 should be on everyone’s bucket list.

The Big Sur portion of CA Highway 1 I already finished. You can read that here. Fun pics!

I've been putting off writing the Northern leg, it's a big time-commitment so getting 20 pages of text written out (while everyone is stuck at home) for a 220 mile stretch of road is the first step, researching all the history plus writing all about the myriad of side roads. Hwy 1 Big Sur is a mere 73 miles, so there's a lot more stuff to write about with 3x the distance with the NorCal protion San Francisco to Leggett. :p

New way for the firefighters to get cats out of trees....

Tackleberry style

That rifle would have vaporized a cat.

We get those calls all the time. We show up, wave at the cat, tell the owner not to call us for a cat stuck in a tree, and then we leave.

The Big Sur portion of CA Highway 1 I already finished. You can read that here. Fun pics!

I've been putting off writing the Northern leg, it's a big time-commitment so getting 20 pages of text written out (while everyone is stuck at home) for a 220 mile stretch of road is the first step, researching all the history plus writing all about the myriad of side roads. Hwy 1 Big Sur is a mere 73 miles, so there's a lot more stuff to write about with 3x the distance with the NorCal protion San Francisco to Leggett. :p

Don‘t forget the Lost Coast section, as short as it is. :D It takes a while to get everything you want down on paper. I wrote a lengthy trip story with pics for CBXWorld some years back about my multi state tour on my nekkid 79 CBX and later wrote a cover story about my 8 states in 10 days tour on my 82 CBX for the club news mag, CBXpress. I like writing when it’s done but it is a chore assembling all the info you want to address.

Back