So I sold my dream car...

Ah its nothing special right now. I ended up flying up to AL and buying a Gladiator! I have never owned a pickup so this was a huge change for me. It has the 3.6L that I'm used to but instead of manual like my last Jeep this has the 8 speed automatic with 4.10 gear ratio. It's getting a 4.5in lift with 38x15.5x20 tires. Jeeps are like a Lego set, its a lot of fun to put together!
View attachment 1634175
I know this is an older post, but I’m just now catching up on the forum after not being active for a few months. Anyways, I did pretty much same as you. Had my 2013 mustang GT for about 8 years and decided I wanted a Tacoma. I ordered the Tacoma and kept the mustang, but after a month or two, decided it wasn’t financially smart to have so many vehicles sitting around (4 cars including girlfriend’s vehicle and my commuter) and sold the mustang. Even though, I had to make some repairs and replace the junky MT-82 transmission, I miss that car a lot. At least the Taco has a 6 speed manual and I like it a lot, but talk about change. First week I felt like I was driving sitting on top of a 2 story house. Lol!
By the way, Jeep gladiator looks great and was the only other “truck” on my list because my #1 requirement was that the truck needed to have a manual and be 4wd, but chose the Tacoma in the end.

I know this is an older post, but I’m just now catching up on the forum after not being active for a few months. Anyways, I did pretty much same as you. Had my 2013 mustang GT for about 8 years and decided I wanted a Tacoma. I ordered the Tacoma and kept the mustang, but after a month or two, decided it wasn’t financially smart to have so many vehicles sitting around (4 cars including girlfriend’s vehicle and my commuter) and sold the mustang. Even though, I had to make some repairs and replace the junky MT-82 transmission, I miss that car a lot. At least the Taco has a 6 speed manual and I like it a lot, but talk about change. First week I felt like I was driving sitting on top of a 2 story house. Lol!
By the way, Jeep gladiator looks great and was the only other “truck” on my list because my #1 requirement was that the truck needed to have a manual and be 4wd, but chose the Tacoma in the end.
My buddy bought a '20 Mustang GT with the PP1 package and the MSRP sheet maxed out...

Now he has decided he wants a Mach 1 for the sole reason he has always wanted one...his GT has 4000kms on it and although he will suffer a loss at trading it, he wants the Mach 1 enough to not care..

I for one will be glad when he gets it as this has been the basis of our conversations for a couple weeks.

Too bad Ford stopped making the GT350 though.

Those Tacomas are a great truck, lots of people I know have them and love them. My brother and his gal are huge 4Runner fans, they are on their 3rd one as they lease them...

My buddy bought a '20 Mustang GT with the PP1 package and the MSRP sheet maxed out...

Now he has decided he wants a Mach 1 for the sole reason he has always wanted one...his GT has 4000kms on it and although he will suffer a loss at trading it, he wants the Mach 1 enough to not care..

I for one will be glad when he gets it as this has been the basis of our conversations for a couple weeks.

Too bad Ford stopped making the GT350 though.

Those Tacomas are a great truck, lots of people I know have them and love them. My brother and his gal are huge 4Runner fans, they are on their 3rd one as they lease them...
When I was looking at the Ford I looked at the Tacoma. Holly crap try finding a used one! Like a needle in a haystack. And the prices are crazy. All I can say is they must be awesome trucks to have that loyal a fan base.

When I was looking at the Ford I looked at the Tacoma. Holly crap try finding a used one! Like a needle in a haystack. And the prices are crazy. All I can say is they must be awesome trucks to have that loyal a fan base.
Even the 4 Runner has a huge fan base...

My brother and his gal lease them, when they decide to trade for a new one, the old one is sold before they get to the dealership with it...there is a waiting list for used ones.

The upside to this is, they get a stellar deal on the new lease and never pay any leasing fees.

Other than maybe a MB G wagon, the 4runner is the only body on frame 4wd suv that's made anymore, it's a true truck.
I had one, and a truck, love em, great vehicles.

I looked for 5 or 6 months and gave up. 2 year old trucks with 40k miles and asking msrp, because “manuals are rare”. That’s why i decided to go new and, if I don’t like it, they should snatch the keys off my hands. I have to say, so far, I really like it.

Back