755hp 715lb/ft With Warranty!

Love that Vette , that is some horse power and torque figures , and tough as styling . Now that GM's Australian division has ceased manufacturing GM Holden , and Ford Australia also ceased manufacture , we are now very much welcoming US muscle production cars to our shores . I don't know if the Corvette is on the list of imports , but we are getting representations from pretty much all the major US heavy hitters . I am not up to speed on who's king of the US production horse power at the moment , but wonder how this Corvettes power compares to the top spec Mustang ? I thought I'd heard or read somewhere fairly recently that one top of the line model Mustang was up for the most power produced of any production car made / sold in USA ? What are the top contenders for this title making and which manufacturers models are they ? Anyway , we Aussies going to miss our home brewed muscle sedans and coupes and utes , but luckily these new beasts are starting a new exciting chapter in OZ .

Dodge demon holds record for us production car at 840hp I think.

The mid engine corvette going to come in a bunch of different flavors but I think they did abandon the push rod motor and going with twins turbos now.

Right, I remember when there was no replacement for displacement. Now a Novi 2200 or any big single turbo can get a inline 6 past 1ooohp no prob. I really like that with the new development the prices have come down.

Love that Vette , that is some horse power and torque figures , and tough as styling . Now that GM's Australian division has ceased manufacturing GM Holden , and Ford Australia also ceased manufacture , we are now very much welcoming US muscle production cars to our shores . I don't know if the Corvette is on the list of imports , but we are getting representations from pretty much all the major US heavy hitters . I am not up to speed on who's king of the US production horse power at the moment , but wonder how this Corvettes power compares to the top spec Mustang ? I thought I'd heard or read somewhere fairly recently that one top of the line model Mustang was up for the most power produced of any production car made / sold in USA ? What are the top contenders for this title making and which manufacturers models are they ? Anyway , we Aussies going to miss our home brewed muscle sedans and coupes and utes , but luckily these new beasts are starting a new exciting chapter in OZ .
My 5.0 gt is only rated at 420 at the crank. A coworker has a gt500 and is somewhere in the 660hp range and can be increased by a pulley change and tuning. I would love twin turbos on mine and set it at around 650hp with stock internals to keep it from blowing up. I drool over these new corvettes, but that’s a hefty price tag, so I’ll keep my little mustang. Lol

Right, I remember when there was no replacement for displacement. Now a Novi 2200 or any big single turbo can get a inline 6 past 1ooohp no prob. I really like that with the new development the prices have come down.
It wasn't that long ago 500hp on pump gas was really good, now it only takes a little money to be over 1000 on pump and get decent mileage too.

Thats my point mab, the coyote platform is capable of WAY more than 650hp with stock internals. The 5.0 from the factory has forged crank, rods, pistons and a fuel system and ECU to keep up. your motor can handle 1,000hp from the factory, nothing needed!

My 15' Coyote sits in the garage, waiting for that day. I need to put a good suspension under her too, the front end floats and I dont like that feeling.

Does anyone have one ordered yet?

I still think it's to bad that Chevy didn't continue development of the 4 cam motor in the 1990 ZR1.

It wasn't many years ago that a 400hp viper was a monster of a car.

I can't afford it, but it's a cool car for a Chevy.

http://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-vehicles/corvette-zr1

Never really been a Chevy fan, but; the ZR1 was really cool, and it's tech continues today. The original 275hp, get the red key and now it's 400hp, amazing for the time. A gimmick to show off their electronic ability.
I think they got away from the 4 cam simply because they can do so much with one...and pushrods.
I hated LS1's(even though they are great engines), all the while Ford peddled their 4.6 POS, good in a Crown Vic and a truck...not so much in a Mustang.

Thats my point mab, the coyote platform is capable of WAY more than 650hp with stock internals. The 5.0 from the factory has forged crank, rods, pistons and a fuel system and ECU to keep up. your motor can handle 1,000hp from the factory, nothing needed!

Friend of a friend bought a '15, 5.0 Mustang, 40k ish miles, a few bolt ons, pushing nearly 450hp...for $17k!
That's alot of car on the cheap, considering you could drive it daily, cross country, AC on, and run a high 12 in the 1/4 mile, and get over 20mpg.
Something to make people reconsider an economy car.
Long overdue Ford!

Friend of a friend bought a '15, 5.0 Mustang, 40k ish miles, a few bolt ons, pushing nearly 450hp...for $17k!
That's alot of car on the cheap, considering you could drive it daily, cross country, AC on, and run a high 12 in the 1/4 mile, and get over 20mpg.
Something to make people reconsider an economy car.
Long overdue Ford!
Couldn’t have said it better myself. For the price you can pick up a 5.0, is a no brainer. I hated the super soft suspension on mine and when I upgraded the front brakes to the big Brembos out of a wrecked GT500 the nose dove even worse under hard braking so I spent about $1200 on BC coilovers and some BMR brackets and control arms and this thing is really fun to drive. I’ll be going on a 3k mile trip at the end of the month on it. Is not is not great on gas, but at 22-23MPG on highway at 75mph, is not the worse neither. Oh, OEM and aftermarket parts are everywhere too.

Everyone on the mustang forums seem to agree that past 650hp you are playing Russian roulette. I couldn’t see myself on the streets with 1000hp. You would probably have drive the thing with drag radials all the time so you don’t kill yourself.

My 15' Coyote sits in the garage, waiting for that day. I need to put a good suspension under her too, the front end floats and I dont like that feeling.
Twoton, sounds like the newer ones inherited the crappy suspension the previous model had (mine is 2013). I put some BMR control arms and BC coilovers on mine and it handles like is on rails. You’ll probably find mixed reviews on any coilover set, but for sub $1000 coils, I’m pretty happy with my setup. It’s a stiffer ride for sure, but I enjoy it. You can always spend a couple of grand on better suspenders if you want, but I didn’t feel it was necessary for driving around on the street like I do.

Twoton, sounds like the newer ones inherited the crappy suspension the previous model had (mine is 2013). I put some BMR control arms and BC coilovers on mine and it handles like is on rails. You’ll probably find mixed reviews on any coilover set, but for sub $1000 coils, I’m pretty happy with my setup. It’s a stiffer ride for sure, but I enjoy it. You can always spend a couple of grand on better suspenders if you want, but I didn’t feel it was necessary for driving around on the street like I do.

One of these days, right now she just sits waiting to get paid off. If I get to the point of dropping 10 to 15k, another 2 will not break the bank in suspension. My plan is to have the Shelby plant in Vegas work her over towards what I want. I still am toying with the idea of a twin turbo set up, but either way it will be down the road. I want to get my pilots license first and see if my interests change to a machine that doesnt need all that HP.

Back