What other hobbies you got???

ColdBusa

Take this Jerry, you silly little rodent
Donating Member
Registered
Hey everybody,

I have been getting the mod bug again as it is winter, however I am lookin  to go the turbo route.  The only thing that is holding me back is the price of doin it, 5g's and then about $500 for tuning!!!  

I am just kind of struggling doing it as I have a bunch of other hobbies that I love doing.  The only thing that bugs me is seeing people with a very expensive or modified car or bike and everybody just drools over it.  Then there is me the average joe and I don't have the elite of anything, just lots to play with...lol  
fight.gif

I mean, I've got my 04 Mustang GT that is stock, then I have the 05 Busa LE, with mods in sig.  I also have an 07 Skidoo MXZ Renegade 800H.O., plus an 08 Arctic Cat M8, with minor mods to both.  I go on trips during the summer with the bike, and hit the mountains with the M8 and ride around here where I live with my Renegade, so all this costs freakin cash and I aint loaded...lol

I'm just kind of wondering if anybody else is in the same dillemma as me?    
banghead.gif

I have been contemplating recently getting rid of 2 or maybe 3 of my toys to just focus on one and go crazy with it.  For example if I got rid of the bike and 1 sled then I would get a used 04-07 Viper.....  oooorrr I could get rid of the car (that I love to drive by the way) and mod the piss out of my bike.....  UGH, maybe I won't do anything....lol

Anybody else have this prob??
face7.gif

My first love was my 71 chevelle that I'am frame off restoring.Then I got into racing dirt bikes about 10 yrs. ago.Did pretty good with that so I stuck with it. It took along time to do the car and it got expensive doing both. When I got the busa, Well you know where it goes from there.Seems like there is never enough $ to keep all of your toy's happy.All the time I think about getting a supermoto bike or a 600 for a track bike and start doing track day's but I'am running out of room and you can spread funds so far.Plus the busa's apart for paint so that's holding me over for a little while.

Got the same problems as you, 3 snowmobiles but it always seems like it doesnt snow enough or we get 6" of snow and i got to work that day next day it 50 and raining, been thinking of getting rid of the sleds cost alot to have around and not use but love the sport too much to give it up. i am a big deer hunter also so from october to january i am in a tree 20 feet in the air, waiting to ruin bambi day.then i do a lot of long range shooting in spring and summer.then you got the busa thats amoney pit also. so for me its no money and no time
banghead.gif

My kids.
beerchug.gif

Used to fish alot but not so much anymore. Would love to get back into it but if I've got time to fish, then I've got time to ride

Marine tanks, photography, golf, scuba..

Slowed it down over the years, used to be flying, skydiving, funny cars, drag boats... crud no wonder the daughter was always asking about an inheritance...
laugh.gif

I'm rather boring... gardening and reading.

I'd love to get a project car... old muscle car. But that's not in the finances right now. Our neighbor has a 78 vette that he would sell if the money was right... I'd LOVE to have it, but he's already built it to the hilt. I'd want something to make myself.

I'm boring too....reading, cycling, weight lifting.....and then there's coffee, single malt scotch, cigars...I have to level out the healthy thing, you know
wowold.gif

I like camping, backpacking since they're about the only hobbies I can afford, I have a 70 ranchero project and a 90GT project on indefinate hold.
beerchug.gif

If you want a fun project and arent afraid of doing a lot of your own work, Id seriously look into getting a factory five.

www.factoryfive.com

It's a lot of work (took me about 300 hours to build mine) but you wind up with a great looking cobra replica. Mine has a 392 in it and runs 0-60 in around 3.7 seconds.

The people that run the place are fantastic to work with - you can call them or email them with any questions about the build that you may have and they're very helpful. Plus, the thing gets a LOT of looks when you take it out. I did the MKIII, and may eventually do the GTM supercar if finances and CFO (wife) allow it... =)

I do not have enough time/money to have any more hobbies.
I would like to build a car or truck, but I am not home enough. I just do RC trucks for now. Less money and I do not feel near as bad when I wreck it.

Drag Racing

I race my 71 Nova. It's got a 496 stroker big block. 12 to 1 comp, TH400 with 4k stall (installing this weekend).

Coaching my kids' soccer teams. I also enjoy woodworking. Gotta nice setup in my basement.

In fact, I need to head down there now and continue piping my dust collector
winkold.gif

ATV's then the bikes and my current big project is my Grandfathers 1929 Franklin that I would like to be able to drive this summer. I much rather have alot of hobbies then just one cause I know I get bored with one and then I still have something else to occupie my time with. My wife hs her bike and ATV and we just bought a trailer to travel with the toys so hopefully all of that should keep us busy for a while. Plus I am into the RC Truggy stuff as well.

We don't have kids and can't have them so we make sure we spoil all of the neices and nephews with our fortunes. We both make good money and we try to spread it around when we're not investing it for our retirement.
We would really like to retire at 55 but we had better get rid of some of the hobbies if we want that to happen.
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

I'm boring, my bike is it. That's probably why the wife always calls it "that stupid bike" she never says it around it though
cool.gif

I have no wife and kids. But toys arelike kids. First car 65 mustang fastback 289 car. 1968 Torino fastback 390 GT car still needs restored but a very solid alabama car. My dad and I collect old John Deeres we have about 10 restored more waiting to be and of course the busa you know that is a money pit. I want another bike to in a year or so maybe a TLR. and of coarse a morgage have to have a heated roof over everything.

Betweem my wife, 2 young children, working 60 hour weeks, web design & karaoke & tattoo side businesses...my busa is my hobby. I used to have an 01 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT/ST/PP with over $40 in sponsorship when I was stationed in S Carolina that occupied most of my time...got so tired of going to car shows and meets.

Aggresive inline skating--- been doing it for about six years now. Who says it's for kids, I will be 59 this March

2007_200x.jpg

i used to be into to cars a whole lot but that's just 2 expensive and turning wrenches gets old. now i have a banshee and the bike. im also into
beerchug.gif
. is that a hobby....or a habit. dang it.

I wanted to build my 72 camaro into a small tired big inch small block monster but after the divorce, finances wouldn't allow it. I do however have access to tow mid 70's corvettes(small window) for the paltry sum of $2000 for both from a very good friend of my parents. For some reason they have kind of adopted me. They were going to build them with their son but he passed away and now they just sit in their backyard. I wish I had the finances to build them both and give one of them back to them. I also enjoy archery and bowhunting and camping.

Back