Hobbies?

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
Seems we've got a few "shudder bugs" on the board...what else (aside from the Busa) do you guys/gals do for fun (keep it clean!) :D

I have a 120 gallon reef tank...live coral, tons of inverts hiding in live rock...colorful fish...it's a huge hobby...and keeps me busy. I've learned lots of things the hard way with my tank in recent years, but I still maintain it and keep adding to it...

...guess this board is becoming a bit of a hobby?! :D

SURFING!!! and i am now living 5 hrs from a beach DOH! :cussing:

Oh and a recent purchase of a 68 Chevelle ... pics to follow at a car show this wknd.

Pict0007.JPG

I have a 120 gallon reef tank...live coral, tons of inverts hiding in live rock...colorful fish...it's a huge hobby...and keeps me busy.  I've learned lots of things the hard way with my tank in recent years, but I still maintain it and keep adding to it...
Post some pics, will you, Michelle?

Besides the bike and the board, my hobby is my computer. I do need to find new hobbies. I am starting a degree in Architecture next month, so I guess that will be my new hobby for next years...

I have a 120 gallon reef tank...live coral, tons of inverts hiding in live rock...colorful fish...it's a huge hobby...and keeps me busy.  I've learned lots of things the hard way with my tank in recent years, but I still maintain it and keep adding to it...
Post some pics, will you, Michelle?

Besides the bike and the board, my hobby is my computer. I do need to find new hobbies. I am starting a degree in Architecture next month, so I guess that will be my new hobby for next years...
That would require me to be one of those "shudder bug" types, and I clearly am not! :D

I'll try taking some pics, but all I have is a digital camera that sometimes seems to have great resolution, and sometimes not!

Architecture, huh? That'll be a huge hobby! Good luck!

I personally ride off-road bikes/ATVs as well as my beloved busa. I am also really into Mixed martial arts competitions. You know like the Ultimate Fighting Championship! I have had 24 fights including both amatuer and pro. I travel all over the country to fight in these events and it's a thrill getting in that cage and going man to man against an opponent! This sport is catching on here in the U.S. and will be growing rapidly in the coming years. There is a serious adrenaline rush when that referee starts the fight!!! It's awesome, just like ridin your bike!!!

Hobbies: Family, carpentry, used to be very involed nationally in slot car racing ("International 15" for those of you who know the hobby).

Postal.

Other than this board....I'm member of roadfly message board (E30M3, E38 740IL) and E30M3 SIG ( Special Interst Group ). I'm also part time BMW mechanic.
I do drivers schools with the M3 and I also tinker with computers from time to time. :cool:

I think that's it. Oh!!!!!!!And I ride the fastest bike on the planet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce:

I got married last July, She has 3 kids and so do I (yes it's the Bradey bunch) and we have 2 bathrooms.  MY hobby has been adding an 1680 foot addition to my 1275 foot home.  Prior to that we (my self & 3 kids) love riding dirt bikes anywhere, but the sand dunes were our favorite!  Woodworking & wood turning (I have some bowls at the "Mountain Spirit Gallery" in Prescott, AZ).  Reading Science Fiction, and of course...
Riding the Busa any where, any time, all the time!

Ride Safe! :super:

Also a Roadfly here (e39 BMW) but my passion is big game fishing for Shark and Tuna ,especially in tournaments up and down the East Coast.

okoutlaw, sounds like you'd get along perfect with my little brother. MMA for more years than I can count. I'm also a fan of the octagon might try and have you hook up with my little brother if your interested in a share/learn opportunity! Of course this would depend on your/his schedule.......
Some of his recent training partners include, Matt Thornton http://www.straightblastgym.com also
Adam Singer http://www.thehardcoregym.net
he also likes to visit http://www.mma.tv or http://www.sherdog.com

Have 2 old Studebakers that my dad and I restored as well as a '69 Dodge Coronet, (I bet the younger folks on here are thinking WTF is a Studebaker !!!).

Also run 2 businesses on the side, and outdoor adventure company, (skiing, hiking, biking), and a software development company. Also take martial arts and volunteer for a local charity organization.

These things seriously cut into Busa riding time though :eek:

My biggest hobby is flying. I have part ownership in a Cessna 172, and hopefully next year I will start building my Canard wing kit plane. I got my sailing certificate last year, so I have been doing some sailing and a little racing. Sailing under the Golden Gate Bridge is pretty awesome. I also belong to a car club and I take part in a few rallies in my MR2 sports car. When I'm not on the Busa, I ride with a few groups on my Yamaha cruiser.

A few weeks ago I started re-honing my jazz keyboard skills on the piano with a local professional pianist. In between I am taking Spanish at the community college, all while going to school full time getting my MBA.

It's boring staying home since I'm not working. :crazy:

Don't get me started talking about my little zoo I have here. :cool:

Hobbies?

Is work a Hobby?

I am a certified Scuba diver, as is my son so we dive when time permits. A really fun sport.

I also am a private pilot, use to own a V-tail bonanza, a very fast airplane, but had to sell. Hope to get back flying soon.

Sane_man:
I use to fly into the Nut tree all the time, the kids really liked the little train and stores.

Own a '65 modified Vett, that takes a bit of my time. It is about 95% completed, so the Busa and Vette fight for that almighty extra hobby income.

My wife and I are our church's youth sponsors, so that take some time.

With that and the kids and the work, thats enough

:D

Well, I'm one of the shutter bugs that you mentioned. In addition to that I also enjoy hand knitting polyester liesure suits, carving likenesses of small insects out of pencil erasers, and re-enacting non-violent sex crimes. ;)

:bounce:

Gaw,

My plane is in Phoenix at the Goodyear Airport. I don't get to fly to often here because of the winds. The delta breeze is gusting up to 26 today. I love those V-tails, never flew one though.

SM

Took my flight training at Concord and we flew over the delta area, Rio Vista, Fairfield, Napa area alot to learn how to deal with the wind, loved the turns-around-a-point in the Rio Vista area :laugh:
I trained when Rio Vista had the old airport, and you have to fly close to the bridge on final, I think I made my instructor a bit nervous a few time.
But as they say, "Any landing you can walk away from is a good one."

Hmmm, I enjoy riding the Harley with my group of riders..also touring with the Vette crowd. I also am an E Clampus Vitus redshirt and enjoy the doins whenever they occur. Also am a Mason but don't attend many lodge functions right now. Maybe later. I needed to retire so I could have time to enjoy the 'hobbies'.

Well, I used to Shoot a lot. I used to make sculpture, Wood, Metal, clay... I used to draw just for fun... Now I work... So I guess the bike is just about my only creative outlet right now...

Hmm Me thinks I need to get my sh*t together and do what I have to do so I have more time to enjoy doing what I like. Though I do sorta consider my job a hobby, I mean I get paid to draw all day, take pictures, make posters, etc...So maybe I am not all that bad off...

For S7R4NGER...
Where it all began...extreme set up of the 120 gallon beast!

vatank6.jpg

Back