huge bummer

lot boy

Registered
my wife and i enjoy the great hobby of a reef tank. we currently have a 135 gallon tank with about 2 grand worth of live rock, asorted coral,and 3 small fish. tis a wondeful thing to look at -until now!
we just found a leak in the side of the tank, and in a span of about 5 minutes the size of the leak doubled! this could get ugly-135 gallons on a hard wood floor wont be pretty-
for those who arent familiar with this hobby i gotta tell ya ,you cant just empty the water and put new water in a tank from the faucet--the water has to cycle through many stages before it will sustain life-
we are currently putting water in 50 gallon trash cans to preserve it until we are able to get a new tank. bad news is we have to leave about 70 gallons in the leaking tank to keep the corals ect alive--good news is the water level is below the leak. i just hope the tank holds until tuesday night/wednesday morning or we are out a bunch o' cash
sad.gif

keep your fingers crossed !

Got any pics..........not of the leak but of the intact tank. Those things are awsome to look at!

that sux what about some kind of epoxy that would harden fast or maybe wrap the whole thing with duct tape to help with the pressure on the glass. hope  it holds and sorry about the bad luck
sad.gif

<!--EDIT|id_gunnut
Reason for Edit: None given...|1133157564 -->

Update please?
sad.gif

I've got a 120 gal in my kitchen and had nightmares of it just exploding in the middle of the night...I hope the tank held together...what did you end up doing?

Nice pics...we have the same stuff! Nemo, Marlin...those green star polyps that take over EVERYTHING in the tank if you don't watch 'em
smile.gif

As an avid scuba diver, I hope you get things squared away.

Nice coral! Makes me want to go (WARM WATER) diving.

Good luck.

Back