Hobbies?

That would require me to be one of those "shudder bug" types, and I clearly am not!  :D
Shudder Bug type... What is that? Don't laugh! My english is better than your portuguese...  

Main Entry: shud·der
Pronunciation: 'sh&-d&r
Function: intransitive verb
Inflected Form(s): shud·dered; shud·der·ing  /-d(&-)ri[ng]/
Etymology: Middle English shoddren; akin to Old High German skutten to shake and perhaps to Lithuanian kuteti to shake up
Date: 13th century
1 : to tremble convulsively : SHIVER
2 : QUIVER

Main Entry: shudder
Function: noun
Date: 1607
: an act of shuddering
- shud·dery  /-d(&-)rE/ adjective

Shudder Bug

Bro, It's a slang term for someone who is into photography. You know the folks that strap camers down in their Busa's trunk so you can take pictures of strange Bugs...

And BTW, Your English is better than a lot of American's English...And one Canadian that stands out in my mind... :eek:

Now the European cars being better than American Cars?:super: True...WAIT!!!!! Hold on now, If you take the respective cars in their native environments. Euro cars are better in Europe, American cars are better in North America. IMO

Most of North America is covered by big wide relatively straight roads, if fairly rough. We have four to sixteen lanes and cities that are built on a grid laid out by roads first. So when you have a 1200 mile road trip in America, you want something big, comfortable, powerful, and smooth.
However the Formula that works in North America fails miserably in the European Environment.
On the same token with a few exceptions the average European car just doesn't work over here. Too small, Diesel? What the hell is that doing in a car? But, in Europe these smaller, more fuel efficient, more nimble cars make a lot of sense. You figure a lot of European Cities, Roads, and layout pre date automobiles by a few hundred years. Big old American Family trucksters just do not fit in.

Just a thought...

My other hobbies are a 1997 BMW F-650, a 1969 frame/1967 engine Triumph TR6R and a project BMW R75 motor w/o frame(considering dumping this project). I used to hunt a little, would like to get back into traditional archery (not much for compound bows) and kayaking would be nice, if I had a kayak. If I lived near the beach, I'd surf.

Okay, this is my first Studebaker ...

3054studebaker.jpg

Speakin' of Avanti... I live within 25 miles or so ("as the crow flies") of the Avanti Motor Corp. production facility where they make the new ones now. I've always wanted to tour the place. Wonder if they'd let me in with the camera. I need to swing by and ask. :cool:

S7R4NGR, that's because when you are ridin around on the busa, YOU ARE THE HEAVYWEIGHT fighter lookin to annilate someone! Hah! There aren't any other "Tank Abbot"-like bikes out there but busas. And I agree about the Hockey comments. People tell me all the time that they think I'm nuts for gettin in that cage, but I wouldn't even consider being a hockey player....to rough! At least in fighting you expect to get knocked on your ass occasionally. Besides, I can't skate......

to refined for me (...) I gotta have some rough roun the edges raw screamin loud cage rattling horsepower, that you can barely keep in a straight line when ya punch it.
I like cars with good handling. I've had french cars so far... Next one will be german.
What's the point of a powerful car that you can barely keep on the road?
A good car is like the Busa. Powerful yet very manouverable...

Have 2 old Studebakers that my dad and I restored as well as a '69 Dodge Coronet, (I bet the younger folks on here are thinking WTF is a Studebaker !!!).
WTF is a Studebaker?
It's a car dude, .... an old one.  Here's a pic:
That looks just like an Avante to me.

Weird.

-Rip
That's what I thought, Oracle.  :super:
I was thinking the same thing earlier today, but didn't want to look stupid (again)...

Glad I'm not losing my mind!  :)
It is! I'm just messing with your heads. Here is the real Studebaker......

It's an 1876 Studebaker Centennial Wagon. Really! :laugh:

1876stud.jpg

Back