What Did You Do To Your Busa, Today?

Went for a ride at night on some back roads. I tried turning the high beam and it wasn’t working. The bulb had fallen out so when I went to look at the manufacturer website I saw that the bulb has an adjustable collar and that is what came loose. The washer and nut were in the housing so the whole front end had to come off so I could get to it.

AEBC7061-A30C-4C4B-BF2D-C926A7C77390.jpeg

Went for a ride at night on some back roads. I tried turning the high beam and it wasn’t working. The bulb had fallen out so when I went to look at the manufacturer website I saw that the bulb has an adjustable collar and that is what came loose. The washer and nut were in the housing so the whole front end had to come off so I could get to it.

View attachment 1647355
Pulling the nose is such a hassle. I usually break something during the pull. Cracked the fairings at the mirror mount last time.

I finally did a brake mod that I’ve been wanting to do for ages!
GSXR1000K7 radial master cylinder…. Just temporarily fitted it up, reservoir’s cable tied, will make a bracket soon enough, feels good so far.
I really need new pads and rotors, also need new seals etc for the stock OEM calipers I still have fitted…. I hate them, I so want radial brembo calipers!
Oh well, one day…. Providing Russia and NATO don’t blow us all to bits…..

E80B3478-0F0D-4450-9FA4-BE9BEE9994E2.jpeg

FEE03DC2-B1C4-4A71-A688-3E7F84922F05.jpeg

I detailed the bike cleaning the chain and wheels as well. Hadn’t cleaned the wheels or chain in over a thousand miles. Simple Green works very well on the wheels. The rear was really dirty as usual but this time I lubed the chain with DuPont chain saver like I’m using on the Kawasaki. Hopefully it will stay cleaner. Springtime brings out all the bugs so it’s a shame to dirty it all up again but… Smileage is now 72,070. Guess I’ve cleaned it a few times.
7E1E15AD-B1B5-4DF2-B2BF-5D974169FFA7.jpeg

Got the worst side stripped down and rough sanded. Found some fun "repairs" previous owner made. Bike was def dropped or laid down worse than he tried to tell me. Backside of the fairing had some broken pieces and they used bondo to fit it....ugh. scrape, clean, and plastic welding now.

54036.jpeg

Back