What Did You Do To Your Busa, Today?

Received my SW-Motech racks from a seller in Germany for a good price and found a set of givi’s At a dealer in Ohio that had them sitting in a box, because customer placed the order and never picked them up. Funny thing is, they actually match the silver on the fairings. Now waiting on the givi adapter plate to try the v56 top case currently on the concours and see if it doesn’t look huge on the busa. These things are nice and come off in less than a minute, but the key can’t be used to remove the seat/hump when racks are installed.View attachment 1587644
View attachment 1587645

View attachment 1587646

View attachment 1587647

You have any clearance issues with the R77 muffler?

I'm not going to put bags on my bike, or lights like Jeff and others have done, but I love that you guys have. The versatility of this platform and the aftermarket support for it never ceases to amaze me. Twisty carver, daily commuter, cross country tourer, land speed missile or drag race monster, it literally is whatever each of us want it to be....

I'm not going to put bags on my bike, or lights like Jeff and others have done, but I love that you guys have. The versatility of this platform and the aftermarket support for it never ceases to amaze me. Twisty carver, daily commuter, cross country tourer, land speed missile or drag race monster, it literally is whatever each of us want it to be....
Hi. I got a 8in tablet to use as my dash with the stand alone ecu. I have the PSR oil fill and drain plug. High output charging system and intake valves on their way.

+1!! Great find. I plan to tour on mine a bit and I've been shopping luggage as well :)
Can’t go wrong with givi bags and sw-Motech setup, unless you don’t mind soft luggage. I have some of those too, but will probably sell them now that I have this setup.

You have any clearance issues with the R77 muffler?
Yes sir, but a little homemade metal bracket took care of that. C10 warned me about melting bag with exhaust gasses, so Ill probably put some stick on heat shield on the bottom to be safe.

What’s next, a third wheel, trailer maybe? Why not a Toyota with a sunroof?
Toyota left a bad taste in my mouth, so I sold it and bought a Honda instead. I’ll make sure to tag you on some pictures when my givi plate arrives and I try the top case on the busa. I know how much you love touring busas. Lol

The bags are a great mod. You can ride to a great riding place and take them off to do the "twist". What you don't get that?
Agree Willie. I got tired of taping my fairings to run softbags, stuff getting wet and using a bunge net to hold stuff on my back seat. After getting the concours, I realized that lack of luggage was the reason I took the car, instead of the busa. I started putting miles on the concours, because I could carry things and could leave my jacket and helmet in the top case when going to places that was not conviniéndole to drag all that inside with me. This setup is great!!!! Ride somewhere, use a coin to twist off the latches for the racks in less than a minute and your busa is back to normal to go have fun.

Since I bought the Tuono, my Busa has been primarily a long distance ride, but last weekend I took it for a blast in the twisties and was reminded of how competent it is. The Tuono is probably the best handling standard there is but the Busa is certainly no slouch in the sport touring category.

Since I bought the Tuono, my Busa has been primarily a long distance ride, but last weekend I took it for a blast in the twisties and was reminded of how competent it is. The Tuono is probably the best handling standard there is but the Busa is certainly no slouch in the sport touring category.
There are bikes that do specific things better than ours, but I can't think of one that does so many things so well, even as a stocker.

Removed my steering damper.

A7793583-2962-4A5D-A78C-9C63623F1C58.jpeg

4F4F751E-7619-4A81-A9F1-D7F4219AD6B5.jpeg

Nice one buddy, now ya gotta grow some shoulders lol, nah, you'll be ok, if you don't like the feel of the steering(maybe too light) persevere a while, let your brain adjust to the change, when I removed my damper I immediately loved the change in steering feel!
Hopefully you have the same experience!
Thanks KIWI, yea giving it a shot. I was surprised that my OE damper is in near perfect condtion operationally and aesthetically. I guess that is a testament of how clean I always kept the bike.

If you are aggressive with the gas or forget she will give you a little head shake without one. I played that game for a while then got sensible stopped riding till I could buy a Scotts. Have fun but it is there for a reason I took mine off due to damage had a dead spot which locked steering completely over 15mph.

Yea I hear that, I am going to see how it goes. I am not going to install the OE back only because it looks so much cleaner between the forks without it. Its like a woman who shaved her bush for the first time. I get to see all the inner workings!!

I thinking about at some point prob putting a top mount on like an Ohlins or Scotts that will give me the luxary of dialing it back to nothing or stepping it up on maybe a damp morning or a long ride where I want to be comfortable enough not having 2 hands planted firmly on the bars.

Back