What Did You Do To Your Busa, Today?

rode that pig to work and back! the weather has been good to us. :laugh:

006.jpg

This is a good spot. I just used some 3M VHB double-sided tape, which is very strong stuff. Be sure you don't tape the reservoir cap down in the process. :beerchug:

I like that and might steal it.

I used the "L" bracket that was included and mounted it using the top bolt of the clutch clamp. It looks out of sorts, but is usable while riding.

I like that and might steal it.

I used the "L" bracket that was included and mounted it using the top bolt of the clutch clamp. It looks out of sorts, but is usable while riding.

My kit is almost 2 years old, and didn't include a mounting bracket of any type. I think maybe it was supposed to though ???

Oh well, it works like this. :thumbsup:

Here is a shot from yesterday's Z cruise. If you would like to see some of the non Hayabusa shots, you can check out my album here.

K2M_8212.jpg

New tires, chain and sprockets! Went with black rear sprocket (down 1) and black chain. Tires are GP-A's. Now I'm ready for the riding season!

im going to have to go with the past few days.....

got my motor back from fields performance, which entailed a new undercut trans, new injectors, plugs, smog elimination...... reinstalled the motor back in the bike, topped of with fresh motul 300V oil and suzuki filter, fresh engine ice coolant, test ride for leaks and to evacuate air in coolant lines, bolted up all the plastics and called her good....next week, ordering new tires and will mount and balance them and have a fresh bike for the summer:thumbsup:

Today I Modified and installed Puig Z-Racing screen. Also installed and ran BoostbySmith ECU editor made by Woolidge Racing. Wow! I cant believe what a difference it made by just doing a basic flashing of the ECU.
Last weekend I installed fairing screens.
Weekend before that I installed Heli Bars and heated grips.
Weekend before that I installed Galfer pads and steel braided clutch and break lines.
Weekend before that I installed the Murph's Cruise Control. Lets not forget to mention that I had a whole lot of help from a very good buddy. lots of thanks to him.
I still have more to do in the next two to three weeks. Lots of fun.

2nd week of owning the bike been nothing but a blast having it, already over 1200 miles put onto it I just can't seem to get off the bike until it's time to goto bed haha. Saturday was a blast though, went to work got off took it in for the first maint then went out to a local car show found another busa owner there, went to a bigger car show with that group and ended rollin as chase bike watchin a vette and supra go at it hehe, what a blast that was.

Though while I was at the shop I heard the exhaust I want for my busa now Vance & Hines CS One, for slip ons those just sounded flat out amazing.

Well ; I just keep riding, however Friday I changed the oil and oil filter as well as the spark plugs 26K and going strong.

Just changed the oil and filter. Re oiled the K&N. Ready for the summer. Been thinking about doing a radiator flush and swap to the ice, but not sure yet.

I installed 1" black anodized, CNC machined, Billet T6 aluminum mirror extenders on the Busa today to give me a better view of what's behind me. Great price - $29.90 delivered:

These extenders have a great finish and are high quality. It comes with two lengths of bolts. the longer ones fit the Gen 1:

mirror1.jpg

After removing the mirrors, the spacers fit like they were a part of the bike:

mirror2.jpg

The mirror with the rubber gasket fits on the other end of the spacer:

mirror3.jpg

The rubber gasket provides the gap necessary for the rubber sheath to fit nicely against the extender:

mirror4.jpg

It took about 10 min to install both extenders.

I haven't had a chance to try them out yet but from just sitting on the bike, I can already tell the rear view is much better. :cheerleader:

I installed 1" black anodized, CNC machined, Billet T6 aluminum mirror extenders on the Busa today to give me a better view of what's behind me. Great price - $29.90 delivered:

These extenders have a great finish and are high quality. It comes with two lengths of bolts. the longer ones fit the Gen 1:

mirror1.jpg

mirror2.jpg

The mirror with the rubber gasket fits on the other end of the spacer:

mirror3.jpg

The rubber gasket provides the gap necessary for the rubber sheath to fit nicely against the extender:

mirror4.jpg

It took about 10 min to install both extenders.

I haven't had a chance to try them out yet but from just sitting on the bike, I can already tell the rear view is much better. :cheerleader:

Post the link of where to buy these, Please.

Well it was about two week's ago. Repainted the seat cowl from when I dropped it over in the garage last year. Put the new fuel pump and radiator in. Changed the oil and filter, put the chrome fairing screen's in, new to me cut seat and a hid low beam. The best one was the fuel pump. Last year it would not pull very good over 6k and it seemed like it was running out of fuel. On the test ride with the new one it was like riding the busa for the first time all over. It pull's like a freight train again.

Very nice but get out there and ride so you can give us a review. :thumbup:

I rode the busa to work this morning and I have to say that the 1" mirror extenders make a huge difference! I can see what's behind me without having to move my head to one side or another or squeeze in my elbows. This is a simple and effective mod. :thumbsup:

Today I received a new Ballistic 12 Cell LiFePO4 EVO2 Battery. This battery is about a third smaller and only weighs 2lb 5oz. It's a 20AH battery with 410 Cold Cranking Amps.

bbattery1.jpg

bbattery2.jpg

bbattery3.jpg

I filled the empty space with the black foam that supported the battery in the box.

What a difference! When starting the bike, the engine springs to life and spins so much faster than when it was on the AGM battery that it replaced. These batteries are pricey but now I feel confident that the bike will start every time. They come with a 3 year warranty.

I considered the Shorai Lithium Iron battery but it cost even more and had less cold cranking amps.

I rode the busa to work this morning and I have to say that the 1" mirror extenders make a huge difference! I can see what's behind me without having to move my head to one side or another or squeeze in my elbows. This is a simple and effective mod. :thumbsup:

Appreciate the pics and input!!! Going to order a set this weekend. Probably the best $30 worth of safety equipment I will buy for the bikes. :thumbsup:

Back