What Did You Do To Your Busa, Today?

Yessir. Did not see the bar option but I can source the locally. Going with the renthal fatbar street bend
This kit has been on eBay for a few months. Seem like a decent deal.

8B35A6E8-A5E9-4D1D-8275-5F62C4CADEC2.png

white.Busa said:
I ordered it a while ago, from ebay.

HAYABUSA WOODCRAFT LEFT SIDE ENGINE STATOR COVER WITH SKID PAD
Item location: Novi, Michigan, United States
View attachment 1609857

@c10 the exact weight difference is 10.6 oz=300 grams
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/thre...-coil-ckp-sensor-removal.180319/#post-3101924
View attachment 1610707

View attachment 1610708
That's cool, I want one of those too! It looks like the stock one is 15.7 oz and the woodcraft one is 26.30 oz?

@white.Busa Andreas Thank you for posting this up for the Org clan ! Ill need to weight my external cover slider to see if its weight , and stock cover equal the Woddcraft unit . If so I'll go Woodcraft at some point .
Welcome @c10 - Bryan I didn't do anything bro.
Wich one external cover slider you use?

Let me get to that point. I know your focus on low weight. We all want that. For everyday road use I don't think one or two kilos makes the difference (unless we are talking about wheels)
Most of us have already dropped a few pounds so we have to look at the substance of things. Protecting our motorcycle is important for our pocket and our mental health! If the pieces we add are both qualitatively double the benefit. I am sending you a quote from a email reply I sent to @ROADTOAD1340 - I haven't bought - installed all of them, it's the future mods plan

"And I want a lower weight, the ones I've added should increase the weight to a maximum of 1 kg, no big difference.But they protect against great damage and they are beautiful parts!
R&G Racing Aero Crash Protectors i have not weighed them i estimate 300-400g
AGRAS Front Axle Protector (when installed) it is aluminum when I receive it and will weigh it in the workshop - 100grams max
Woodcraft stator cover is about 300 grams heavier than OEM - 300 grams+
YOSHIMURA Radiator & Oil Cooler Core Protector (it's a little weight gain too) but they have their use. I don't expect to be over 200g.
The Yoshi guards they are very much needed,for the small stones on the mountain roads that I often go to. "
I can live with a 1-2 kilograms more weight, that's for sure guys.

Welcome @c10 - Bryan I didn't do anything bro.
Wich one external cover slider you use?

Let me get to that point. I know your focus on low weight. We all want that. For everyday road use I don't think one or two kilos makes the difference (unless we are talking about wheels)
Most of us have already dropped a few pounds so we have to look at the substance of things. Protecting our motorcycle is important for our pocket and our mental health! If the pieces we add are both qualitatively double the benefit. I am sending you a quote from a email reply I sent to @ROADTOAD1340 - I haven't bought - installed all of them, it's the future mods plan

"And I want a lower weight, the ones I've added should increase the weight to a maximum of 1 kg, no big difference.But they protect against great damage and they are beautiful parts!
R&G Racing Aero Crash Protectors i have not weighed them i estimate 300-400g
AGRAS Front Axle Protector (when installed) it is aluminum when I receive it and will weigh it in the workshop - 100grams max
Woodcraft stator cover is about 300 grams heavier than OEM - 300 grams+
YOSHIMURA Radiator & Oil Cooler Core Protector (it's a little weight gain too) but they have their use. I don't expect to be over 200g.
The Yoshi guards they are very much needed,for the small stones on the mountain roads that I often go to. "
I can live with a 1-2 kilograms more weight, that's for sure guys.

This what I did to my busa today. I changed the factory signal lights and put on some aftermarket ones which are LEDs

20200109_165653.jpg

20200109_164547.jpg

20200109_164609.jpg

My bike has had a surging (lean surge) issue at cruise, 100-130kmh for a while now.
I finally pulled the fuel pump off and rebuilt it using a new filter and a brand new aftermarket fuel pump motor that I bought off ebay out of the USA about 2 years ago. Paid NZ$120 for it. Had it in my drawer waiting for this day.
Anyway, it's claimed this pump motor is higher pressure than OEM, but regardless of that, the pressure is regulated by the FPR.
Well, I gotta say, it's made a difference in how the bike starts and idles for starters.
Then riding it, it has crisper acceleration and does NOT surge any more!!!!
Great news.
I guess the old pump was tired out after 126,000km and 20 years of use lol.
I want to test the fuel pressure with a gauge, so that's next, I'll keep you guys informed.

Last edited:
Back