What Did You Do To Your Busa, Today?

Been working on the brakes some today. Removed safety wire and bled masters at the banjo fittings. Need to adjust chain I think. Does this look like too much slack?

inch and a quarter of slack there. I believe the manual calls for less. Also some believe adjustment should be done with rider on.

What did I do to my Busa today...Rode it like I stole it..7 degree's outside. Thats about 46 F. Perfect out.

Rubb.

I rebuilt my slave cylinder and put everything back. In the beginning I rode it around the neighborhood all was good, then I started not wanting to go into gear so several hours has done gone by and now it will go into all gears but 1st gear. Shhhhhh so I'm trying to figure it out so I dont have to take it to the shop too close to Christmas and I cant afford right now and it almost makes me sick with the busa down I don't know if I need to bleed it more or try to rebuild master cylinder so I'm reaching out to my hayabusa forum family for any information to remedy the problem thanks in advance guys and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!

I rebuilt my slave cylinder and put everything back. In the beginning I rode it around the neighborhood all was good, then I started not wanting to go into gear so several hours has done gone by and now it will go into all gears but 1st gear. Shhhhhh so I'm trying to figure it out so I dont have to take it to the shop too close to Christmas and I cant afford right now and it almost makes me sick with the busa down I don't know if I need to bleed it more or try to rebuild master cylinder so I'm reaching out to my hayabusa forum family for any information to remedy the problem thanks in advance guys and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!
That sucks! Does the clutch fully disengage the engine when you pull it? Did you take the shifter linkage apart when you were working on the clutch? Could be linkage with really bad adjustment. Will it not shift down into 1st while moving or you can't get it in first even standing still?

That sucks! Does the clutch fully disengage the engine when you pull it? Did you take the shifter linkage apart when you were working on the clutch? Could be linkage with really bad adjustment. Will it not shift down into 1st while moving or you can't get it in first even standing still?
It wont go into 1st standing still, it will go into 2 ,3,4 , I took the linkage off and marked it . It went into 1st after I reinstalled everything and I rode it through the neighborhood and let it set and then it would not go into any gear I'm hoping if I bleed the clutch again it might work I hope

It wont go into 1st standing still, it will go into 2 ,3,4 , I took the linkage off and marked it . It went into 1st after I reinstalled everything and I rode it through the neighborhood and let it set and then it would not go into any gear I'm hoping if I bleed the clutch again it might work I hope
It sure sounds like air in the clutch system...they are real tricky to bleed and set up...sometimes I really wish Suzuki would have stuck to cable operated clutches.....

I sure sounds like air in the clutch system...they are real tricky to bleed and set up...sometimes I really wish Suzuki would have stuck to cable operated clutches.....

Thanks Arch, & Yellow going to bleefmd the system it's my 1st time attempting bleeding a clutch trying to learn how to do somethings on my bike :banghead:

Thanks Arch, & Yellow going to bleefmd the system it's my 1st time attempting bleeding a clutch trying to learn how to do somethings on my bike :banghead:
There are a few tricks to doing this bleed. some start at the clutch actuator and work their way up as air can get trapped in the banjo bolts along the way...it's not like a brake when you start getting stiff feed-back in the lever..

Just the way it sounds-you had all gears, then none, it sounds like air bubbles got in there much like you had brakes then you had none...same concept.

This guy ain't @c10 sadly...but all I could find in a hurry. Hopefully Bryan weighs in to get you rolling again..

Last edited:
There are a few tricks to doing this bleed. some start at the clutch actuator and work their way up as air can get trapped in the banjo bolts along the way...it's not like a brake when you start getting stiff feed-back in the lever..

Just the way it sounds-you had all gears, then none, it sounds like air bubbles got in there much like you had brakes then you had none...same concept.

This guy ain't @c10 sadly...but all I could find in a hurry. Hopefully Bryan weighs in to get you rolling again..

Thanks Yellow I will check it out :bowdown:

It sure sounds like air in the clutch system...they are real tricky to bleed and set up...sometimes I really wish Suzuki would have stuck to cable operated clutches.....
They are not really tricky to bleed . . just use a vacuum pump like this one below, attached to the bleed nipple on the slave cylinder (opened) and suck the fluid through while keeping the reservoir topped up at the same time.
This is the way I've always bled clutches, never had an issue.

Last edited:
They are not really tricky to bleed . . just use a vacuum pump like this one below, attached to the bleed nipple on the slave cylinder (opened) and suck the fluid through while keeping the reservoir topped up at the same time.
This is the way I've always bled clutches, never had an issue.
If one doesn't have such a device, they can be tricky to bleed as they give very little feed-back.

I still don't have one of those but will have one soon.....you'd think I'd have one after owning 4 Suzukis with hydraulic clutches...

If one doesn't have such a device, they can be tricky to bleed as they give very little feed-back.

I still don't have one of those but will have one soon.....you'd think I'd have one after owning 4 Suzukis with hydraulic clutches...
Another way to bleed them is the way I always have on cars and trucks... open bleeder pull lever and hold and then close bleeder and release lever. Ive seen alot of people try to bleed a slave cylinder on bikes and cars like u would brakes in a car the old pump, hold, open bleeder and that just don't work well at all. But when I just flushed the slave cylinder on my busa I did have a mityvac so I used it and made a pretty quick jib of it.

Back