What Did You Do To Your Busa, Today?

Checked out the insides of my sprocket cover, in particular the clutch slave cyl piston for gunge build up etc.
I’m going to put a new piston and seal kit in the clutch m/cyl and also a new cup and spring in the slave cylinder as well.
I’m also removing the bodywork and cleaning everything I can see!
We are coming into cold weather here now and it’s a good time to clean her up ready for some winter riding lmao!!

View attachment 1599947

View attachment 1599948I’d really liketo get a braided clutch hose to replace the 20 year old rubber pen hose, anyone have one? What difference does it make to the feel of the clutch actuation?
Where would I get one from?
I have a braided on the clutch as well and feel like it provides more consistent operation and better feedback.

I added the braided line with the Brembo RCS, but the difference is pretty amazing. Feels like my hand is right on the clutch springs. The friction point in the leer is stable too, with OEM that would change as the bike got hotter. Another thing is how easy the pull is. This is adjustable with the Brembo pump, but the pull is so light I actually hold the clutch while waiting at lights now. I expect the braided lines on the OEM mc would yield better feel. I had a shop make mine too.
I kept the standard line with my RCS pump for clutch . The standard line is very neat and tidy , it is also a good part steel tubing , that is where it is neat . The feel at my lever is very good , the clutch bites at the 2/3 to end of lever travel , and I do run the clutch mod and GSX heavier springs . Overall I really like my setup , it has oodles of precise feel . Maybe a line will make it even better , I may try at a latter time / stage in bikes evolution .

I kept the standard line with my RCS pump for clutch . The standard line is very neat and tidy , it is also a good part steel tubing , that is where it is neat . The feel at my lever is very good , the clutch bites at the 2/3 to end of lever travel , and I do run the clutch mod and GSX heavier springs . Overall I really like my setup , it has oodles of precise feel . Maybe a line will make it even better , I may try at a latter time / stage in bikes evolution .
At least a braided line won't swell which will give you an even more precise feel.

At least a braided line won't swell which will give you an even more precise feel.
Yes , knew all that when I first installed this mod , even though swapping it out is no concern , especially as I don't now even run the bracket to pin the top of side fairing . Interestingly a mate has a braided line up to a stock pump on his Gen 2 , and it has made the clutch take up as soon as you let the lever out from fully activated , not where he or I like the take up to be . That is why changing no urgency , I lucked out on this setup , it is really good allround as is .
Back in the early to mid 90's (GSXR ) , I used to run the billet radial clutch pumps with kevlar lines , then , with my last GSXRs , always the RCS pumps with braided line , trying the stock line combo is first on this Busa for me .

Yes , knew all that when I first installed this mod , even though swapping it out is no concern , especially as I don't now even run the bracket to pin the top of side fairing . Interestingly a mate has a braided line up to a stock pump on his Gen 2 , and it has made the clutch take up as soon as you let the lever out from fully activated , not where he or I like the take up to be . That is why changing no urgency , I lucked out on this setup , it is really good allround as is .
Back in the early to mid 90's (GSXR ) , I used to run the billet radial clutch pumps with kevlar lines , then , with my last GSXRs , always the RCS pumps with braided line , trying the stock line combo is first on this Busa for me .
Hi. They make AN 3 fittings that mate braided AN 3 hose to a steel or aluminum brake line. You have the look of a cool AN set to the pump, slave and keep the feel that you like.

Decided to put the factory rear sets back on due to an issue with the rear brake lever. Found out that the right side was bent to hell. Never noticed that before so now waiting to see if I can find some rear sets

Used these today that was so very helpful. Unfortunately when I was spinning the hose a accidentally pulled it off :banghead:
Just when I think I am in the clear...now the right side fairing has to come off to top off the coolant.
Glad it was helpful and sorry here about the setback. It will all work and be great for you!

Back