What Did You Do To Your Busa, Today?

Was in the garage removing my OEM rearsets with the buell pegs to get a head start for tomorrow when my new rearsets were supposed to be delivered. While in the garage, the fedex truck showed up and delivered them today :thumbsup:!! It was perfect timing and I went right to work and put them on. Everything was adjusted and they feel awesome!!! Only thing left now is the hydraulic switch, which I ordered and will install this weekend and go for a test ride, if time and weather allows. Thanks to @GAmedic for providing some info on setup and switch part number.

View attachment 1599552

View attachment 1599553

View attachment 1599554
They look killer and functional even the pegs can rotate I think.

In lieu of being able to buy the correct springs for suspension and get it setup for my weight, should I crank the compression and rebound etc or what can I even do to get "close" so to speak?
Also, lithium battery on a street bike overkill? Only real advantage weight savings? It's like 2x the cost of a yuasa....
Not when you end up buying 2-3 regular batteries, think of it as an investment/frustration prevention.

I got the Busa out for a sound check and inspection this arvo , because @ottafish came over for a visit today . We both got to put a face to the name , so to speak , and we spent a great afternoon just shooting the breeze , talking all things Busa . Although no ride today , I can see us having a blast on some of my favorite roads sometime in the future . Here is a couple of pics , I think our bro found the L2's lack of weight surprisingly noticable , and the CT Meg sound not too loud ... :thumbsup:

View attachment 1599619

View attachment 1599620

View attachment 1599621
That excited nerve riddled look is like a when a man touches another's woman with him watching but who could blame your friend when she has looks & curves like that?

Cleaned front calipers, installed new pads, measured for bumper brackets. Worked on wiring getting close to completing that.
Hoping to get my spring soon so @Nastee can finish my shock and the bike will be season ready.

F884B788-4FE0-4B84-901F-19A23895862E.jpeg

7D4FAB85-98E6-48E6-85CD-578D2BCA13CF.jpeg

39F4F34B-3BD5-47F1-82FA-6AF58C060191.jpeg

90EA1CF9-4775-444D-A538-F8280D94233D.jpeg

EDBB10E6-3C1C-4719-AB37-368FA523766A.jpeg

265B1A42-29AF-42CC-A34A-5BB5A36DBC19.jpeg

From the “I think I’m Screwed” thread, I learned that I had installed the washers on the outside of the frame in error, so corrected that issue and mounted them between the frame and cushion lever and properly torqued.

I also installed the Buell peg kit I purchased a couple weeks ago from @GSX1300R-T and adjusted the brake and shift levers.

From the “I think I’m Screwed” thread, I learned that I had installed the washers on the outside of the frame in error, so corrected that issue and mounted them between the frame and cushion lever and properly torqued.

I also installed the Buell peg kit I purchased a couple weeks ago from @GSX1300R-T and adjusted the brake and shift levers.
View attachment 1599663
I like the looks of those a lot more then my knight design pegs. And I just realized they have some real sharp edges that have been cutting into my leathers just above my boot.

I like the looks of those a lot more then my knight design pegs. And I just realized they have some real sharp edges that have been cutting into my leathers just above my boot.

I considered Knight pegs, but thought they looked a bit beefy and $130 was a little steep. Then they charge $14 shipping when the they’ll fit it a $7 small flat rate box. I’m happy with my Buell peg choice.

I considered Knight pegs, but thought they looked a bit beefy and $130 was a little steep. Then they charge $14 shipping when the they’ll fit it a $7 small flat rate box. I’m happy with my Buell peg choice.
If I would have done a little more research I would have gladly got those over the knight design. Might just have to get a set of those and sell the knights. How much of a drop are those? Same as the knights 1"?

Back