What Did You Do To Your Busa, Today?

I thought so too, aftermarket retail priced parts are quite dear here, but when I buy genuine Suzuki OEM parts through my company (Suzuki Dealership) I get a great discount, example: OEM spin-on oil filter $7.15 each.
Hey I got hold a couple of new (to me) type of chain master link , used one when I put on the swingarm and re used the nearly new chain to keep the standard wheelbase . It has a screw thread on each pivot pin , and uses 10mm hex nut to tighten and seat the gold
IMG_20190317_132635.jpg

IMG_20190317_132402.jpg

link plate in position , then once seated , you adjust the nuts loose and snap them off . Very easy to fit in emergency ( if you are on the road trip from hell with a missing link or something ) etc .
Here is a couple of pics , and fitted I painted the plate black and ground down the snap off threads a bit . The chain is an EK ZVX3 530 .

Hey I got hold a couple of new (to me) type of chain master link , used one when I put on the swingarm and re used the nearly new chain to keep the standard wheelbase . It has a screw thread on each pivot pin , and uses 10mm hex nut to tighten and seat the gold View attachment 1596102

View attachment 1596101

link plate in position , then once seated , you adjust the nuts loose and snap them off . Very easy to fit in emergency ( if you are on the road trip from hell with a missing link or something ) etc .
Here is a couple of pics , and fitted I painted the plate black and ground down the snap off threads a bit . The chain is an EK ZVX3 530 .
First close up pic of swing arm... Wow it is cool!

First close up pic of swing arm... Wow it is cool!
Thanks Mathew , people think it is a lot longer overall than the stocker , but the bridge is lower compared to the stocker , so give a drawn out look . It can go +40mm over stock , but I got it only because its range includes stock length which is being used now . I will be looking for an extended type for next build though !!

Thanks Mathew , people think it is a lot longer overall than the stocker , but the bridge is lower compared to the stocker , so give a drawn out look . It can go +40mm over stock , but I got it only because its range includes stock length which is being used now . I will be looking for an extended type for next build though !!
Ya you need to post more pics. I knew it was custom built but you made it sound like it was stock polished.

I've thought about this Miguel, and the postage from the US to NZ is thru the roof!
There may be some things that would be worthwhile getting through one of the Busa family members but overall, the postage kills the idea.
I did have a win when I saw a Power Commander 3 for sale on ebay by a US (CA) guy, he wasn't wanting to ship overseas but I contacted him and explained I just really really needed it and there are none available (used) in NZ. He was asking $100 USD so he agreed to post it, it came here in 10 days and the postage was about $15 USD from memory. So it really cost me $145 NZD with the exchange rate converted.
A new PC5 was $610 NZD so I was very happy indeed.
I searched and searched within NZ and there was no PC3's for sale at all!
He was a nice guy and we had a few good conversations, he had been to NZ with the US Navy years ago, and stayed here a few months. He loved NZ and the Kiwis, so I think that's why he was happy to go to the trouble of sending it to me.
Cool huh? Great outcome! :thumbsup:
Sounds like it would be worthwhile to have others do the same for you in the future.

Hey I got hold a couple of new (to me) type of chain master link , used one when I put on the swingarm and re used the nearly new chain to keep the standard wheelbase . It has a screw thread on each pivot pin , and uses 10mm hex nut to tighten and seat the gold View attachment 1596102

View attachment 1596101

Very cool Toadster! Those nuts look huge in the packet though?
That arm looks magnificent!
Your bike is so clean, I swear you never ride it lol !
I just got home from a 495km ride, my bum's a bit sore and my ears are ringing from all the wind noise, was cool, 15degC with low heavy cloud and light rain in some areas we rode thru.
I have video footage and still pics, will post up in a day or two.

Very cool Toadster! Those nuts look huge in the packet though?
That arm looks magnificent!
Your bike is so clean, I swear you never ride it lol !
I just got home from a 495km ride, my bum's a bit sore and my ears are ringing from all the wind noise, was cool, 15degC with low heavy cloud and light rain in some areas we rode thru.
I have video footage and still pics, will post up in a day or two.

Haha , no bro , those nuts just are used to push on and seat the link plate , you tighten them up with 10mm spanner , then you back them off , to a notched part of the pin / shaft , then you grab a plier and snap them off clean with excess shaft thread inside the nut . The bit of length that remains on the link can be filed down a way , if you need to clean up .
See in first pic , the sprocket / chain pic , you will see 1 of the links has more blacked out pins compared to the rest of chain , that is the master link , painted black from the original gold and filed down a mm or 2 .
It really works well , instead of flaring the more common rivet link . If you wanted to save some weight on a road trip , you could carry that link , along with a 10 mm spanner / wrench and your tool kit pliers and not have to carry your heavy chain tool ... maybe !!! Hahaha

Haha , no bro , those nuts just are used to push on and seat the link plate , you tighten them up with 10mm spanner , then you back them off , to a notched part of the pin / shaft , then you grab a plier and snap them off clean with excess shaft thread inside the nut . The bit of length that remains on the link can be filed down a way , if you need to clean up .
See in first pic , the sprocket / chain pic , you will see 1 of the links has more blacked out pins compared to the rest of chain , that is the master link , painted black from the original gold and filed down a mm or 2 .
It really works well , instead of flaring the more common rivet link . If you wanted to save some weight on a road trip , you could carry that link , along with a 10 mm spanner / wrench and your tool kit pliers and not have to carry your heavy chain tool ... maybe !!! Hahaha
You're a dag mate, I never carry tools lol! Well, my OEM tool kit is under the seat, but I'm not packin' like C10 does lmao.
I see how that link works . . . very clever actually, I've only ever seen the clip links and the rivet links before.
How much are they to buy? Where would I get one from?
I just googled this . . .
EK ZVX3 530X CHAIN SCREW MASTERLINK (530ZVX3-SLJ)

Thank you all for the positive praise , I truly appreciate and listen to all your opinions , and am constantly learning a lot from you all . We all have our own personal take on Busa and I also enjoy the diversity of other peoples amazing projects . This has been an enjoyable 'on going' build since late 2013 , it gives me a lot of satisfaction beyond any previous motorcycle build .
I do owe you an apology however , for lack of picture quality and detailed info , I will get onto perhaps a new showcase entry , I think there have been enough evolution progress to bike . There will be more to come of course , might still be using the crap cameras though .:rolleyes:
I will get onto it Arch bro !! :thumbsup:

Thank you all for the positive praise , I truly appreciate and listen to all your opinions , and am constantly learning a lot from you all . We all have our own personal take on Busa and I also enjoy the diversity of other peoples amazing projects . This has been an enjoyable 'on going' build since late 2013 , it gives me a lot of satisfaction beyond any previous motorcycle build .
I do owe you an apology however , for lack of picture quality and detailed info , I will get onto perhaps a new showcase entry , I think there have been enough evolution progress to bike . There will be more to come of course , might still be using the crap cameras though .:rolleyes:
I will get onto it Arch bro !! :thumbsup:
Hi. Mr toad I will give all the info as I get it. It will be a complete package air box to exhaust tip. I passed out in the bathroom fell right in to the sink and wall. Hurt my arm and neck not to bad. I think it is low blood pressure. they gave me a new med because it was a little high may have worked to good! I am OK going to Drs in AM.

Back