What Did You Do To Your Busa, Today?

I've seen and particpated in this type of thread on other forums so just thought I'd give it a try here.

If you guys don't like the idea then feel free to ask the mods to delete it...But it gives you a chance to show off you daily work that sometimes goes unappreciated and may motivate others.

As for me, I replaced the chain and sprockets (+3 on rear) and adjusted the speedohealer accordingly on my busa. It was the first time I replaced a chain myself (usually have the shop do it) and frankly I was surprised how easy it was to break the old chain and rivet the new master link. The entire job took less than two hours. :bigsmile:

Wow they look great on your bike. How the hell did you manage to mount them on the angle like that?
Man! I am so glad with how good they look on your bike!! And you got the Ti Clevis in and all :bowdown::bowdown:
Mounted them backwards I believe. Left side on the right upside down. Couple of the threads were a little messy but put some locktight on them for insurance.

Front fender on, race ready said my panels are done and will ship after drying until Friday and side panels are here. I ordered the right decals for them, so ignore the small blue decal.

AE6CA155-0210-4AC1-8C0E-7F942FA4849D.jpeg

DEE266F7-3199-40EB-9012-A7CD8CC04192.jpeg

955174DB-7E54-4C51-BFE1-473DC8CEF89C.jpeg

Mounted them backwards I believe. Left side on the right upside down. Couple of the threads were a little messy but put some locktight on them for insurance.
Aha that is genius, props to you, I had attempted something similar but it felt like I was gonna jack it up. How’s the shifter side looking? Did that work out on that side as well?

Aha that is genius, props to you, I had attempted something similar but it felt like I was gonna jack it up. How’s the shifter side looking? Did that work out on that side as well?
Will take a little more modification. Will weld a 1/8 tab on kick stand so it clears. The carbon fiber heel guard doesn’t seem to be functional. Odd as the other side seemed to work perfectly. Thinking I can make some brackets.

Last edited:
I like that lift a heap Kiwi , good investment bro !! I've said it before , I must get either one of them , or a Bursig stand thing !!

Tables are good...but Bursig's are awesome.
They make it so easy to adjust suspension and remove wheels quickly, the bike comes on/off in seconds, and can be easily rolled where ever you want.
I've sat on my gen2 while it was up on the Bursig, and had a friend push me. Making sure to hit the gaps in the concrete with some force. I was mid 190's (lbs) in gear when I did that too. The Bursig was rock solid. If it was going to fail, it would have.
I like to give things a certain degree of abuse up front, that way I know what I'm working with.
I used the Bursig on my Bking as well, and have purposely held on to it for my next 1k.
It's so nice to put the bike on it, and roll the bike over against a wall, in a corner, or out of the way.
And unless you have some hulk buddies that can lift the front/rear of your bike while you measure sag(I do, lol), I don't think there's a quicker or better way to do it.
The Toad Needs this!!!

Regarding Lifts/Stands:
I am considering this this from Abba. View attachment 1595913Any thoughts?

Had the Skylift came out before the Bursig, I would've bought it instead.
If for no other reason that my bike could ride a wheelie even when it was parked.
I may still buy one in future too.
I've considered buying 2 used 1k's and modding one how I want, and minor tweaks to keep the other cheap, so I always have another bike and someone to ride with...so I could "justify" another stand.
I'm working on several house projects at the moment, and will stop rambling and buy something else soon enough, lol!

Tables are good...but Bursig's are awesome.
They make it so easy to adjust suspension and remove wheels quickly, the bike comes on/off in seconds, and can be easily rolled where ever you want.
The other great aspect of the table, is you add the sides to it and it is a wide steel top table/ freestanding work bench when you need to work on wheels, engine, forks etc etc.
I've sat on my gen2 while it was up on the Bursig, and had a friend push me. Making sure to hit the gaps in the concrete with some force. I was mid 190's (lbs) in gear when I did that too. The Bursig was rock solid. If it was going to fail, it would have.
I like to give things a certain degree of abuse up front, that way I know what I'm working with.
I used the Bursig on my Bking as well, and have purposely held on to it for my next 1k.
It's so nice to put the bike on it, and roll the bike over against a wall, in a corner, or out of the way.
And unless you have some hulk buddies that can lift the front/rear of your bike while you measure sag(I do, lol), I don't think there's a quicker or better way to do it.
The Toad Needs this!!!

Most excellent summation of the Bursig!
Yes, I was considering buying the Abba , but the table/lift is what I use every day and it is what I'm used to . . . but those Abba stands are awesome!
A great all rounder, so versatile in the useage, yep, Toad NEEDS one of them to put in the Busa's bedroom in the house methinks.
I'm sure ol' Ma would approve too! :thumbsup:

Most excellent summation of the Bursig!
Yes, I was considering buying the Abba , but the table/lift is what I use every day and it is what I'm used to . . . but those Abba stands are awesome!
A great all rounder, so versatile in the useage, yep, Toad NEEDS one of them to put in the Busa's bedroom in the house methinks.
I'm sure ol' Ma would approve too! :thumbsup:

Yeah, you guys that are daily wrenching on someone's bike, tables are great too!

KIWI I am very jealous! I know you work on bikes all day on a lift so it is not new to you but to me I have never worked on a bike on a lift. I need to set something up eventually.
Mate, you gotta get one! this particular one was around $1100 USD.
You will wonder how you ever managed to get any work on your bike done once you've got one of these babies!

Back