What changes would you want for the Gen 3 Hayabusa?

Full electronics rider aids like the BMW1000RR has. Like cruise control and brembos and for sure a FULL COLOR instrument panel, then I'm happy. I'm sure they will upgrade the engine, but the gen2 is already real fast, faster than I want to go 98% of the time.

Full electronics rider aids like the BMW1000RR has. Like cruise control and brembos and for sure a FULL COLOR instrument panel, then I'm happy. I'm sure they will upgrade the engine, but the gen2 is already real fast, faster than I want to go 98% of the time.
With an ABS Busa and a BAZZAZ you can have ABS & TC. Cruise is $120 and a long day in the garage (see c10's video install). There are some awesome instrument panel apps for your phone if you must. Some really cool stuff that does things like calculate horsepower and stuff or mix GPS with telemetry displays. If you have a powercommander you can have quick shifting.

Yes , go to agree with Arch on the more sportiness feel of the Busa compared to the ZX14 gen2 , both bikes have their merits , with differing take on the same hyper sport niche market .
Just ordered the Kwacka some new wheels , be awhile till they land but , be looking forward to enhanced sporty feel maybe !!

Last edited:
Yes , go to agree with Arch on the more sportiness feel of the Busa compared to the ZX14 gen2 , both bikes have their merits , with differing take on the same hyper sport niche market .
Just ordered the Kwacka some new wheels , be awhile till they land but , be looking forward to enhanced sporty feel maybe !!
HI. 1600cc 7 speeds all magnesium covers and cases F1 car specks spin to `16000 to 18000 RPM 5 or 6 studs head clamping better head gasket sealing for turbo Rods Ti or composite. Body all carbon fiber. Better aerodynamics. All bolts aluminum and Ti. Great brakes carbon ceramic ? all the electrics needed. With better cooling. Touring, sport and ultra sport models.

I have been drafting my review of my latest mods and there is a lot of room for improving the basic Gen 2 platform. There is a lot more performance to be had in the stock Busa platform. One gift from the age of this bike is that many of the mods are as well engineered and reliable as the OEM bike.

This site is full of people with modified bikes. @c10 has a touring lean to his mods. @ROADTOAD1340 and I went for a backroad blaster, others have gone for power monster turbos. I would say that very few of these bikes could be sold by Suzuki, either because of some of the mods being legal only for racing or it's not economically feasible.
Mine's set up as a back road blaster as well. but it's wasted on me as I am past being a back road blaster type of rider. It's a literal rocket on wheels..

If Suzuki actually listened to all the stuff listed on this thread and made the gen3 “that” bike, it would be $25k and I bet most begging for a gen3 wouldn’t even walk near the dealership to look at it due to the price tag. Most of us like to play mind games with our own selves. We feel good buying the $7k dollars used busa and “saving money”, but purposely leave out the other $10k spent upgrading things on it when we talk to the girlfriend/wife/family/non-riding friend’s about it. The Galfer rotors, brembo MCs and calipers, ohlins suspension, cruise control, custom seat, exhaust, turbo, titanium everything, etc are only maintenance items/consumables in our minds:laugh:!!!

Last edited:
I already own a Gen 3 ;) Willie / Toad refer to my rig as more Touring is kind of right .
However with over 200 hp at the rear wheel , and 496 lb wet wearing wheels / suspension upgrades it blasts the back roads far better than one would expect . Do not let the bags fool you ;)

Forget Any changes whatsoever for at least 5 years, unless neccesary for tighter emissions. Took 13 years for this one. 9 between the G1 and 2.It still has that iconic profile. No need to alter.

I am very happy not changing anything at this time ,when I feel she is getting
slow for me then I will think about stepping her up . Yes it is all about
The Twist of the Wrist .

initially after getting her I wanted lowering legs,a bar riser and better paint(scuffed the he'll out of the tank on the ride home when I got her) .
Now,after spending more time in the saddle,I only wish Suzuki had applied mode clear coat . I've adjusted to the bar height(I had a gen 2 with helibars and kuriyakin grips) and the pegs . I was able to correct the paint on the tank and then got protective film so it stays nice .But for what Suzuki asks for a new Hayabusa they should upgrade the paint job .

Back