What would you do

Busa3Fan

Registered
What would you do if you would have to get the hot air from the front tank cover where is a plenum?

TTS will sell its in-house design air vents in about 2 months.

So for the moment, this is not an option.

I am curios to find out what options are you thinking for.

605D667B-7182-4A9F-9144-D9C40379F633.png

Maybe they could go ahead and email you a template for their vents, assuming you cut and fit them into the stock cover?

To make sure that we are on the same page, you mean a cad file so I can 3D print it?

If yes, they won’t do it as they are making money out of their part.

Another option is to 3D scan the front tank cover and have someone draw the part but it will be a lot of work (tests, fitting, painting).

And it will take time and money, it would be easier and probably cheaper to order the part from TTS in March.

I need the part in February. :)

To make sure that we are on the same page, you mean a cad file so I can 3D print it?

If yes, they won’t do it as they are making money out of their part.

Another option is to 3D scan the front tank cover and have someone draw the part but it will be a lot of work (tests, fitting, painting).

And it will take time and money, it would be easier and probably cheaper to order the part from TTS in March.

I need the part in February. :)

No.
If they are making vents for that plastic cover...they already have the factory tank cover cut-out design done.
I said a template, meaning a simple piece of paper with the vent opening's shape stenciled on to it, that will get taped to the tank cover with location marks, which will show you where to cut the stock tank cover itself, so that their vent fits into that opening.
If they have already sold you the sc itself, and all you are waiting for is their actual vents go into production, then there is no reason that they cannot send the template now, so that the intercooler can breathe and you can use the sc you already bought from them.

Some of the roll race guys here in South Flexico remove the plastic covers and put that gold heat resistant tape over that portion. Looks crazy but so does Serts rear wheel AeroDisc and many guys are running that too Function over Form I guess.

Some of the roll race guys here in South Flexico remove the plastic covers and put that gold heat resistant tape over that portion. Looks crazy but so does Serts rear wheel AeroDisc and many guys are running that too Function over Form I guess.
They the reflective tape on the tank? Or are you talking the ZX10 guys that do it to the air box lid?

I run an aero disc and it is crazy the difference it makes both acceleration and the increased aero helping with the feel of stability at speed. I got my dragy and went 6th gear 60-175ish with and without the disc and the difference was shocking enough I went back out and made the pills with the aero 3 more times to double check.

OP;

Find a local fabricator/scanner and pay them to design some vents. Places like trackspec have universal vents that could be bent/trimmed to work too. It’ll cost you a couple hundred bucks regardless of doing it yourself or buying from TTS. If you do it yourself you could even sell the file to us to print our own, or if you have the ability print and sell them to us that would be interested in cutting over tank covers up to fit them too.

Curious as to why you need them?

I finally managed to find a local fabricator and in 2-3 weeks the vents will be created and installed.

Hopefully, they will look great.

The vents are needed for the hot air to better escape that area where the intercooler will be.

I finally managed to find a local fabricator and in 2-3 weeks the vents will be created and installed.

Hopefully, they will look great.

The vents are needed for the hot air to better escape that area where the intercooler will be.
Guess I could have read the intial post a little deeper and realized that lol. Excited to see where it goes.

They the reflective tape on the tank? Or are you talking the ZX10 guys that do it to the air box lid?

I run an aero disc and it is crazy the difference it makes both acceleration and the increased aero helping with the feel of stability at speed. I got my dragy and went 6th gear 60-175ish with and without the disc and the difference was shocking enough I went back out and made the pills with the aero 3 more times to double check.
Yeah I guess that’s the air box lid they put it on but the plastic tank covers go missing as well. Lol

Back