What about the looks would you change on a Gen 3?

I think a lot of people tend 2 forget that the Busa is classified as a "Sport Touring" motorcycle....:whistle:

Even though the majority of us ride our busa's with and emphasis on Sport rather than Touring. Regardless a lot of the stuff I hear and suggestions I don't see happening IMO. A Lot are basically describing a Gsxr 1000 with a bigger motor. Take a look @ some of the other sport tour bikes out their emphasis is geared more towards the touring aspect. So I feel regardless of what Zuk comes out with 4 the Gen3 it's gonna fall short because it's gonna be impossible 2 create a bike that will suit everyone's needs.

I really think they should take their cues from BMW & Ducati. They sell bikes with different packages. Take for instance the BMW 1600 or the Panigale. You can buy the base bike which has a solid platform that's more than enough for the average rider. Then the other models come with upgraded performance or touring options that will increase the price obviously but still cheaper than buying those upgrades yourself.

So unveil the standard Gen3 revamped and improved. Then offer a sport package with factory quickshifter, light wheels, suspension upgrades, factory adjustable swingarm etc. Then a touring edition built in gps, tps sensors, factory fog lights, factory hard bags etc. You get the idea..... and if you don't have enough 2 purchase a higher you can build as you go part here part there.

They have their work cut out for them. I love the looks of the Gen 1 and the Gen 2. I prefer the Gen 2 though and I like every part of its looks. I hope they keep the same lines and maybe add flush turn signals and a LED headlight. Really, I'd be happy with modern electronics and 200 HP to the back wheel. Maybe some lightening here and there.

It would be nice to know if anyone from Suzuki monitors this forum or any others related.

I know on other forums I'm on there are reps that monitor and reply once in a while.

Otherwise it's nothing more then wishful thinking as Suzuki is going to do what ever they want
and it seems they don't have to much, if any interest in our opinions.

For a bike the real issues are frontal area and getting the air back together behind the bike (reason for the original hump). The Busa is fairly slippery but a BMW can get the same speeds with the most un-aerodynamic bike I can think of. Anyway, I think creased lines are the new slippery and we see it on bikes and cars. It has a more aggressive look and the form looks less "bloby" with better defined masses and angles. Note how angular the H2 is. If Suzuki wants to up the anti again on aerodynamics they need to get the radiators out from behind the front wheel and move air smoothly around the engine as it passes the wheel. No one has been able to make that work properly without over heating issues.

If Suzuki can keep that legendary profile and update it with a few defining "creases" they would have a winner. IMHO of course.

...take a big hammer to beat the ugly off of that H2 bike.:moon:

All new digital display. Even the ZX14 has air temp. Could add Nav?

How about Heads Up Display.
Adjustable handlebar height.

Yes all LED's,
Built in tire pressure monitors. (all cars after 2007 have them) why not bikes?

Oh wait I'm dreaming. Don't wake me up as I like this dream..........

I like your dream. :beerchug:

I want the Hayabusa to look like a hayabusa.I love the smooth lines and curves.Otherwise it would look like every other bike.Keep it the same size but shave weight.Add a tire hugger and some new stylish rims.

It needs to keep the smooth dolphin like lines, but it could be bit smaller as long as the high speed comfort doesn't suffer too much. Otherwise I'd just buy a litre sports bike and be done with it.
Better lights, updated electronics and lower weight wouldn't harm a bit. Ceramic brakes anyone?

Wishful thinking for me would be a 1441(like the ZX-14),2-4" over adjustable swingarm w/4" over tail(w/slightly slimmed down pods and a little less curvature on the bottom).Other than that I'd be good to go(kind of like the analog gauges myself and could do without any kind of traction control,ABS,etc.)and would buy a new one in a minute.

Funny we all joke about the BNG each year but judging by the comments that's exactly what we want! Suzuki needs to update it's line. I remember when the GSXR line was the best out there as far a street/track goes. Now it's almost laughable. Suzuki needs a new flagship that says they can make bikes that are competitive with what's out there now. Whether you like TC and ABS or not that's where this is and it's necessary if they are going to let lose major HP on the streets and track. Remember the original Busa broke all the rules and was as high tech as it got in 1999.

Back