Anyone installed a tail bag on a gen 3

60+ Busa Rider

Registered
Anyone installed a tail bag on a gen 3 with a hump? I’m thinking of the Cortech 2.0 24 liter to match my tank bag, I placed my tank bag sideways on the hump to get a visual and it looks as though the tail bag will work just fine because the hump slops right into the tail section. Thoughts?

I've used this Nelson-Rigg on several trips — Works great, just beware of rubbing hot spots.

IMG_6706.jpg

I've used this Nelson-Rigg on several trips — Works great, just beware of rubbing hot spots.

View attachment 1659385

I can’t see how yours is attached. On my Gen 1 I made up extended attachment bolts so there would be any rubbing. Using the seat and rear grab bar setup with longer bolts my 22” bag fits well (could be a bigger bag) and I use two big long 1/2” criss crossed bungee cords and two nets that are over the top. The cords and the nets can be adjustable for extra stuff in or on the bag. Very secure and no body scratches. I use my bike cover over the bag under the net if I’m caught out in the rain.

On the hump or on the rear seat?
Yea I wanted to install the tail bag on top of the hump, when I tested fitted my tank bag over the hump it looks as though the hump won’t be an issue. It actually looks like the hump will allow the tail bag to ride on a rearward slant and using the tie down brackets near the rear pegs will draw the tail bag forward keeping the bag tight.

I can’t see how yours is attached. On my Gen 1 I made up extended attachment bolts so there would be any rubbing. Using the seat and rear grab bar setup with longer bolts my 22” bag fits well (could be a bigger bag) and I use two big long 1/2” criss crossed bungee cords and two nets that are over the top. The cords and the nets can be adjustable for extra stuff in or on the bag. Very secure and no body scratches. I use my bike cover over the bag under the net if I’m caught out in the rain.
Looking at the Cortech tail bag I think the paint protector pad will lay right across the gen 3 wide tail section really well. There’s some genuine Suzuki stuff available at a pretty price tag is why I’m leaning to the Cortech.

FEAE8D5B-4E9C-45D4-9218-53C22EC550D1.png

Got a Nelson-Riggs Hurricane 2.0 backpack/tail bag as an early Father’s Day gift. Tried it out today for my commute. So far it fits the

E4DAF6EE-0F1B-4FF6-A724-224C48B1E357.jpeg

2BD83CA1-82AD-4F4E-BB6A-4661CAA532B4.jpeg

1BC374C4-0CEE-40BD-B022-752467813F85.jpeg
bill for a soft and inexpensive option that’s also water proof. Here’s a pic off bike, take one of the bag on bike tomorrow.

Back