Has anyone installed a tre?

XiliX

Registered
I'm thinking of installing one of these on my bike ('04)...

Smart Timing Retarder Eliminator (TRE)

I'm looking for better throttle response in the lower gears and this seemed to fit the bill.  Has anyone had any experience with these?  Also, I'm planning on adding an Akrapovic system and PCIII next year.  Any problems with the PCIII and the TRE?

Thanks for the comments

XiliX

I tried a retard eliminator, but Revilis still PMd me asking Rubb a question. I mean, jesus Murphy, how would I know what Rubb is thinking, and for that matter who would??

(There is a thread at the top of the new member forum about them TREs- but a PCIII would smooth you out moreso than a TRE. The TRE just eliminates the 186mph cut off.)

there is a regular tre and a smart tre......
I've heard stories about idol problems around the regular tre
I guess they fixed with the smart tre.
( call Ivan ) search Ivan's tre

spend the Tre money on a pizza ya get about the same satisfaction
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|id_gunnut
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140472135 -->

Thanks for the advice guys. I'm never going to push 189, just thought I might be missing a little response in the lower end. The smart TRE is about $100, so that's a $100 that will go toward a PCIII.

Thanks again,

XiliX

SCREW THE TRE!!!!

If you want better throttle response, get a PCIIIUSB and a good map or dyno tune. TRE are for the disabling of the 186 limiter. (which you can still defeat w/o a TRE via GPS mod). I did my gear position sensor and have a PCIIIUSB with the Brock Map and now I have the best of both worlds!!! No restriction on my Busa and smooth/responsive throttle throughout the powercurve.

Back