TRE Questions

AZBen

Registered
New owner here of an '06. I poked around yesterday and noticed the bike doesn't have a Power Commander or TRE. It does have a full 4-into-1 Brocks exhaust and seems to be tuned ok. ECU flashed, maybe?

Anyway, is there any real benefit to installing a TRE other than the top-speed de-restriction? Is it worth the cost if I'm not planning on hitting 200mph? If so, is it an easy install and any recommendations?

Thanks for any info, and lovin' the boards :thumbsup:

:tre: The benefit of a TRE is simply to eliminate the top speed restriction. It's not worth the cost if you don't plan on exceeding 186mph or so. To install one is very simple. They're either plug-n-play or the click of a mouse using the ecu editor software. :tre:

Purchased my 02 equipped with full Yosh exhaust, pc III usb, K&N filter, and tre. Recently took the tre off and the bike runs significantly better top to bottom. ???

I have the opposite experience. I figured I'd spend $20 on one of the cheap 555555 TRE's, mainly to say it isn't restricted anymore. :D It made a very noticeable difference in bike snappiness, idle quality and idle sound. It feels peppier at part throttle due to the extra timing. Doesn't feel any faster overall, but it definitely woke up the bottom end in around town, part throttle situtations, where I considered it "soggy". It is more sensitive to idle speed adjustment now, but since I didn't get one that maintained the neutral feature I'm not shocked.

Recently took the tre off and the bike runs significantly better top to bottom.

I think he found that the 'limp' or the "Fail-Safe" which defaults to the lowest resistance value = Rich safe.

The ignition remains the same in full advanced degrees. What changed is how the ignition moves to advance sooner is what you feel.

So, stock "... better top to bottom" comes back as designed for maximum HP/Performance.

Do you think the factory is going to sell you a limped out bike or a bike that is the world's most powerful? I think the tre will limit your bikes potential as in "safe to run" missing an analog signal. :laugh:

Figure it out.

Back