Tuning PCIIIusb and TRE

EvoMike

Registered
Ok so I have been reading a lot on the forums about using a PCIIIusb when tuning a busa with a smart tre added and no one has directed addressed the tuning aspect. PLEASE READ WHOLE POST BEFORE REPOSTING YOUR THOUGHTS!!

Here is my question:

Since it is an agreed fact that each gear uses it's own timing and fuels maps, would you benifit from adding an "Ivan's Smart tre" to make the bike hold the 5th gear timeing and fuel maps?

Here is what I am thinking. Without using a tre you will be tuning specifically for one gear's fuel and timing conditions. Then when you change gears you will have a leaner/richer condition with +/- timming than what is desired in a any other gear than what the bike was tuned in. With using a tre you tune one map/timeing condition and your good to go for all gears.

p.s.>> I know you can spend the money and get an ignition module and hub with all the accessories and tune for each gear independantly which eleminates the need or desire to use a tre but that is not what my thread is intending to discuss.

The bike needs the additional tuning the ecu gives it for the gear changes and you should avoid eliminating these changes (the TRE). While they are still a bit off from optimum it is closer than what you would have with a single gear map.

Adding the hub can get it closer. I've got the hub on mine but have not started tuning each gear yet. I can show you a log file of what it looks like because of the gear changes. While the hub will make changes per gear it is not as perfect as it seems. It will only offset the fuel units across the board. So say you get 4th gear perfect. In 5th you are lean 2 units at 8000 and rich 2 at 9000 you have to pick what rpm is most important. You can only add/subtract the xx number from all the cells. Still this would depend on your application. The street is not going to show much difference in the changes. ¼ mile a bit more, land speed racing even more. There even comes a time when individual cylinder tuning can come into play.

Same with an ignition module. Unless you have made some serious changes (or are using nitrous) it is a pretty big expense for the payback.

Regardless it is not something that can be tuned on a dyno. It will take quite a bit of work with on board data logging.

The only use I have ever seen justified for a TRE "in a properly tuned bike"￾ is to exceed the 6th gear rpm limiter. I feel there are two methods that are more desirable. 1) the GPS mod to make the ECU see 1N23455 instead of 1N23456. 2) Even better for 02-07 is flashing the ECU to move the limits.

How would I go about getting a stock ecu reflashed to move the limits on a 2007?
DaveO can do them.

This is not the same as the extended ECUs he used to do. In that they changed the clock frequency of the ECU to trick it into thinking it was a different RPM than what it was seeing.

The ECU was successfully hacked to allow many changes to be made. I think there are a dozen or so rev limiter settings.

So really the absolute best thing to do would be to get a new stand alone aftermarket ECU, wide band, and datalogger items to gain 100% control/adjustability?

So really the absolute best thing to do would be to get a new stand alone aftermarket ECU, wide band, and datalogger items to gain 100% control/adjustability?
Ummmm a few do that but at what cost? And does the need/benefit outweigh the cost of acquiring the hardware and testing and tuning to make it better than the oem (or modified oem hardware). And would those $$ be better spent elsewhere on the bike?

The PC111 I puchased from IVAN came with a killer map, to go along with the TRE ,slip ons, air box mod, no complaints runs Great,had the same response with an 07 FZ1 with his map, he knows his biz, tried all the other on line maps none compare.
clap.gif

Back